Midnight Buffet

Cruz-On

I am going on the Glory in April for 7 days. This will be my first Carnival cruise. Tell me is the midnight buffet worth going to and how many buffets do they have during the 7 days?[/quoTE]

Food every night. Burgers/casseroles/salad/fruit. Only one "gala buffet". That's the one with the ice sculptures and such

Some nights they have "themed buffets". We had Jamaican night the night we left Jamaica on the Imagination. It was basically a mexican buffet. I heard there were others but I avoided them for the most part - too busy catching the shows and then heading to bed around 12. I know the midnight buffet was cool, amazing how they can carve ftuff out of food. I tried some of the stuff, kind of exotic for my taste, but the desserts were amazing!

I think the midnight buffet you are thinking about is the "gala buffet." I believe they have only one each week. It is usually VERY CROWDED. Long lines even before they open the doors. I have never stayed around long enough to sample the food, but do go even just for the experience of it. It really is magnificent and good photo ops! And yes, they also usually have a "regular" midnight buffet. It is usually themed (Mexican, island, Caribbean, things like that) and on Lido deck. It is lots of fun. They usually have the band playing, lots of dancing and sometimes even contests. Check your newspaper for the time and get there early for that too and get good seats!

Watch for it in your daily Capers. You will want to get in line early. Weaited in line about 39 minutes and just walked thru to see the beautiful food and ice sculptures. We then went to the biffet because they had basically the same foods just not served as fancy. Do not miss the Gala...

The Gala was amazing, we had a small plate with a few items but were not hungry - mostly just went to see it and check out all the fancy food and ice carvings (most of which we'd seen throughout the week in the dining room)

We did have a mexican dinner on the lido deck after Cozumel and of course we did the pizza thing late one night (they always have the typical cheese and pepperoni available, but will make you a specialty pizza if you desire).

Gala buffet on Glory was packed. We had late seating, hence late show so by the time we got out as a crowd, the lines were long and they were getting ready to close it so they could set up to serve. We just made it through to look at it. It wasn't that impressive. Fantasy's was more so. I didn't think it was that appetizing and we didn't bother to stay to eat. There was also a chocolate buffet on Friday at lunch time. That was crowded also.

Archived