Confirmed Table for 2?

crobinv

We received our deposit confirmation from HAL yesterday and it stated Dining "waitlisted Main/Upper"... so tonight I called to ensure they received our voucher from Marriott as well as I spoke with Karen about our Dining Reservations.

She told me that we were confirmed for table for 2 at 8:00pm. I asked her if that is a definite that we will have a table for 2 and she said yes. Now, I am a cruise virgin (husband only ever sailed with RCL and Celebrity) so please do not think this question is silly, but should I worry about not getting the table for 2?

Here is our situation... I will be 25 weeks (going into 26 weeks pregnant) during the cruise and at 19 weeks I am still suffering from random all-day sickness. If for some reason, I would need to excuse myself from the dining room for a moment to "recompose" then I would feel much more comfortable leaving my husband alone then strangers thinking I am some bulimic pregnant crazy lady :)

If for some reason we do not get a 2 top, has anyone ever slipped the maitre d' (or whomever is in charge of seating) $50 or $100 bill when you check your dining assignments prior to the actual first seating to "upgrade" to a 2-top? Ok, before anyone flames me for being rude, displacing others, etc... it is just a question.

Thank you for your responses and we are looking forward to our first cruise with HAL.

Courtney

Our request for a table for two has always shown "waitlisted", but we have never failed to get the table we requested. I expect this is standard operating procedure for HAL...for some reason I do not know.

I don't expect you have a problem. If you have called and were told the table is confirmed, I would rest easy.

Hope you have a great cruise. HAL rarely disappoints.

You would think with so many people wanting tables for two .. they would add them as needed.. I mean like have big tables.. that break apart as tables for two.. and used as needed that way.. I know that there is no way I am going to eat in the dining room unless we have a table for two. It won't ruin my trip ..but would be nicer if we had one. I am not anti-social.. it is just that I don't make diner reservations here and expect to eat with strangers , nor will I do that on a trip.. geez.. ESPECIALLY on a trip..We don't want to HAVE to make small talk , or even think while on vacation.. it is after all .. a vacation..

You would think with so many people wanting tables for two .. they would add them as needed.. I mean like have big tables.. that break apart as tables for two.. and used as needed that way.. I know that there is no way I am going to eat in the dining room unless we have a table for two. It won't ruin my trip ..but would be nicer if we had one. I am not anti-social.. it is just that I don't make diner reservations here and expect to eat with strangers , nor will I do that on a trip.. geez.. ESPECIALLY on a trip..We don't want to HAVE to make small talk , or even think while on vacation.. it is after all .. a vacation..

Archived