Mueslix Recipe From HAL Please

cruisecrasy

Likely been asked for before but I am new to this site and to computers so request your patience..

I have a muselix recipe but its not as good as the one served by HAL in the Lido for breakfast. I know it contains soaked oats and chopped fruit but not what types or quantities.

Appreciate any help with this.

Happy cruisin' & 'noshing'!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure this is exactly like you had on HA - or even like it at all - but it's very close to what we had on Princess and Norwegian. This makes a giant vat of it, which hubby and I eat all week. You can adjust quantities accordingly for less.

1 quart yogurt, you could use any kind you like. I suggest you start out with plain or vanilla

4 c. old fashion rolled oats

1/2 to 1 c. chopped nuts (I like chopped hazelnuts best)

1 c. dried fruit (raisens, cherries & berries or whatever. chop to about raisen size if you use large pieces)

1 quart apple juice

milk to thin it down

sugar, Splenda, sweetner to taste

Make this and leave it sit at least overnight. When you eat it, you can add any fruit you like. Bananas, strawberries. Whatever. Or not. It's fine as it is. If it's too thick, thin it with more milk. This keeps at least a week.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure this is exactly like you had on HA - or even like it at all - but it's very close to what we had on Princess and Norwegian. This makes a giant vat of it, which hubby and I eat all week. You can adjust quantities accordingly for less.

1 quart yogurt, you could use any kind you like. I suggest you start out with plain or vanilla

4 c. old fashion rolled oats

1/2 to 1 c. chopped nuts (I like chopped hazelnuts best)

1 c. dried fruit (raisens, cherries & berries or whatever. chop to about raisen size if you use large pieces)

1 quart apple juice

milk to thin it down

sugar, Splenda, sweetner to taste

Make this and leave it sit at least overnight. When you eat it, you can add any fruit you like. Bananas, strawberries. Whatever. Or not. It's fine as it is. If it's too thick, thin it with more milk. This keeps at least a week.

What a wonderful adaptation...I will be making a batch asap...sounds so good..

Really appreciate u sharing this recipe with us all!!

• 7 months later...

I am resurecting this thread because I am hoping to duplicate the muesli I had on our recent cruise. When I asked what was in it, they said "oatmeal, fresh fruit and honey". Obviously there is milk/cream in it, but I didn't taste yogurt. Any thoughts?

• 4 years later...
I am resurecting this thread because I am hoping to duplicate the muesli I had on our recent cruise. When I asked what was in it, they said "oatmeal, fresh fruit and honey". Obviously there is milk/cream in it, but I didn't taste yogurt. Any thoughts?

Here is the recipe for Muesli Cereal as printed on Holland America Stationery.

4 cups oatmeal (old fashion oats uncooked)

1/4 cup diced apples, diced and seeded

1/4 cup diced honeydew melon

1/4 cup diced cantaloupe

1 cup diced seasonal fruit

1/4 cup raisins

1 cup plain yogurt

2 cups 1/2 and 1/2 cream

1/4 cup honey

1/4 cup white sugar

Method:

Mix all ingredients together and let sit overnight, ready to eat by morning. Enjoy!

Substitutes and additions:

Sub 1/2 and 1/2 cream with milk or skim milk or Soya milk.

Add, almonds, walnuts or pecans are good.

I added my own wording in red. You can add or subtract fruit ingredients.

Judee

Archived