Bed Situation on BOS?

Hi All,

As a first time cruiser I have been reading on some of the threads that some of the ships in the RCI line have changed over their beds to the wonderous reviews of cruisers. I'm sailing on the Brilliance of the Seas on the 6th April cruise to the Panama Canal. Does anyone know what the bed situation is on this ship?

I have a slightly wonky back. It does not like lumpy or too soft a matress. So I guess my other question is - if the beds have not been changed recently do the egg crate matress toppers work well? I would hate to spend the first few hours of every day of my first cruise 'warming up' my back - it's so not fun.:eek:

I have also heard that the BOS is pushing back its drydock originally scheduled for April 07 to sometime in 08. In addition to the OP's info can anyone also tell us when the drydock will be? I am looking at booking an 08 cruise. Thanks!

We were on the Brilliance last April--the bed looked awful--like a doggy bed--raised on the outside, slumped in the middle. BUT--we never had a bad nights sleep! I guess it was the salt air, or all the food and drink, but the mattress never presented a problem. It was firm enough--just looked bad! I don't see how an eggcrate would "firm it up"--seems it would just conform to the shape of the mattress! Might make it a bit softer! Yes, the mattresses are thinner than the new mattresses, but we still slept like logs! Hope you'll get the new ones!

The latest info that has been posted recently was an email that Macop recieved from the Conceirge Diego on the BOS who said that the new beds were being put in place in Feb. The drydock was pushed back to April or May 2008 but all the new bedding fleetwide is scheduled to be complete May 2007.

And yes the eggcrates do help. I am going before you on the March 26th sailing and I requested the eggcrate already but originally the bedding was not scheduled until in reached Europe in April. I am truly hoping that the bedding schedule has been pushed ahead as per MACOP 's info.

You can email them at special_needs@rccl.com and request one. I did this is Sept and it was on our bed when we arrived.

The latest info that has been posted recently was an email that Macop recieved from the Conceirge Diego on the BOS who said that the new beds were being put in place in Feb. The drydock was pushed back to April or May 2008 but all the new bedding fleetwide is scheduled to be complete May 2007.

And yes the eggcrates do help. I am going before you on the March 26th sailing and I requested the eggcrate already but originally the bedding was not scheduled until in reached Europe in April. I am truly hoping that the bedding schedule has been pushed ahead as per MACOP 's info.

You can email them at special_needs@rccl.com and request one. I did this is Sept and it was on our bed when we arrived.

Dear Sue L,

Ohmigoodness THANK YOU! I have already emailed my request and hopefully it will all be alright. Failing which I suppose I could always ask my room attendant or drag the bedding on the floor and sleep there.

Fingers crossed for the egg crate. Thanks again:)

Either the new bedding or an eggcrate will do the trick for you. DH and I both are wonky-backs, too.:D

The new bedding actually has a double pad, but the egg crates (which we sleep on at home) make the old bedding very comfy. We both had them on the Brilliance in 2005.

Dear All,

Thanks for all the responses. It would be nice to get a bedding update from someone who goes on the Brilliance in Febrary or March.:)

Come check on our thread. We sail on 2/12. I have been seeing that the bedding was coming in Feb. We shall see.

I emailed RCI last week and had a reply today:-

Thank you for your e-mail.

The Brilliance of the Seas will be in drydock in April 2008. The new bedding program will be implemented on the Brilliance of the Seas from April 28, 2007 to May 17, 2007. The ship is sailing a 6-night chartered sailing from 05/13/07 to 05/19/07 out of Barcelona, Spain.

That is the latest word!! I'm the lucky one as we're sailing May 19th!!! Can't wait...............

The Brilliance of the Seas will be in drydock in April 2008. The new bedding program will be implemented on the Brilliance of the Seas from April 28, 2007 to May 17, 2007. The ship is sailing a 6-night chartered sailing from 05/13/07 to 05/19/07 out of Barcelona, Spain.

That is the latest word!! I'm the lucky one as we're sailing May 19th!!! Can't wait...............

I will enjoy the cruise no matter what. Thank you for your efforts.

the new beds are being installed in February. I got the same email from C&A telling me the last 2 days of our cruise we get the new beds the day afrter Diego's telling me they were being installed in February. Diego stated the beds were onboard in January. As I posted on our roll call from Diego was his email that he sent the email from C&A to his Managers as they are getting numerous complaints for Diamond Plus folks on erroneous info from RCCL to folks who ask questions.

So guess we will see as I posted for folks on the ship in March to let us know about the new beds.

Archived