Herod-Land and sea tour or renting a car or water taxis

meliss35

Has anyone ever took Herods land and and sea tour? Is it worth the extra money over taking just the land tour? I was first considering taking either Herods or Cosols land tour but I was worried that my teanagers would be bored with it. So i was thinking that the boat ride added to the land portion would be more interesting for them. If I went with the land tour only which tour guide would you recommend, Herod or Cosol?

The other option I was thinking of doing was renting a car and doing most of the stuff that they were planning on doing plus stopping at some beaches. Is the roads that bad that renting a car is not advisable? We just went to Costa Rica and rented a car and drive around. The roads were really bad there with pot holes and rocks all over the roads. Is the roads in St lucia worse then Costa Rica?

Also ARe there water taxis that take you to the beach with the view of the pitons?

Hi Melissa35, I would like to know this too, we are schedule with Herod in April and need two more people, we are a group of 8 (five kids from 5 to 16). It sounds like a lot of fun and I am hoping that we get those two extra people. It looks like he makes quite a few stops and I am really hoping that it is a hands on type of tour, not a tour from the van, but I would like to hear other people's take on this. Anyone????

You will not be sorry if you book Herod. We took his tour last spring and it was the highlight of our cruise! He loves his island and will do whatever the group decides as he wants you to love his island too! Make sure you get to spend some time at the beach between the Pitons---most amazing view!!! If you book him, tell him Ed and Lynn from North Carolina say hello!!!

You will not be sorry if you book Herod. We took his tour last spring and it was the highlight of our cruise! He loves his island and will do whatever the group decides as he wants you to love his island too! Make sure you get to spend some time at the beach between the Pitons---most amazing view!!! If you book him, tell him Ed and Lynn from North Carolina say hello!!!

Sorry-double Post!!!!

I echo the sentiment about Herod, his tour was fantastic.

As far as renting a car, I would personally never do it. There were hairpins turns all over the place and it was crazy driving on some of the roads. Maybe if I was there for a weeks vacation, but not for the day.

We want to take the Sea portion too, but it looks like there is a minimum of 10 people needed for our March date, and it's out of synch with the number who will be taking the Land part of the tour, so I am a bit disappointed about that. The combination of both Land and Sea is exactly my idea of fun!

Hi there C and F !!!

We will be there on March 27th as well on the Constellation. What ship are you sailing on?

We did reserve the land portion, and another couple who will be on board that was interested will be doing the Land portion too.

So if you are going to book it, we may have 8 toward the Sea portion!

Let me know!

We just returned from our cruise aboard the CCL Legend and a terrific day spent with Herod. The island is beautiful and Herod was great. I don't think anyone, no matter what age they are would be bored with the island tour or with Herod. The beach between the Pitons is beautiful, and the snorkeling right off the beach the best I've encountered anywhere.

Unless your ship arrives early, I don't see how you could do the land and sea with Herod. Our ship arrived at 9. By the time Herod collected us all we didn't get going until almost 9:45, after the island tour and one hour at the beach, we got back to the ship at 4 ( leaving port at 5). I guess that if you had a group of 10 that wanted to do both the land and sea Herod would make it happen, but I wouldn't want to hurry or miss any of the stops we made- plantation, waterfall with johnny cakes and fish, the volcano with great views of the vents and boiling water, and especially the beach- one hour was barely enough.

You will love this port, and will not be disappointed with Herod

Seas the Day!

Hi finelycruising:

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. That's great - we are going to be fellow shipmates!!! Probably we will be on the same tour with Heord.... There are 4 of us. We're tentatively booked with Herod, for the land/sea excursion, but I'm a little nervous that it will be cutting it too close timewise. I just called Celebrity to check what time we are suppose to be back on board and they said 1 hour prior to departure. (I thought 1/2 hour before departure, but this is what they told me). The excursion is suppose to get us back at 4:00 pm.... (the boat from Soufriere leaves at 3:20 pm)....... Maybe I'm worrying for nothing, but I wish there was a little more time.......

Do you have any other excursions planned. We are going to do a catamaran tour in Barbados. I was there last year and we did the Silver Moon, but they are all booked this year, so there are two other tours that we are looking at.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

I have also been eyeing the Land and Sea tour with Herod. I will be on the Carnival Destiny and in St Lucia on June 20th. I only have 2 people in my party so I thought I would just tell Herod that I preferred the Land and Sea if he could fit us in with any other group that needed people that day (if not I'd stick to Land). If anybody else is out there, I've got two interested people.

Hi finelycruising:

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. That's great - we are going to be fellow shipmates!!! Probably we will be on the same tour with Heord.... There are 4 of us. We're tentatively booked with Herod, for the land/sea excursion, but I'm a little nervous that it will be cutting it too close timewise. I just called Celebrity to check what time we are suppose to be back on board and they said 1 hour prior to departure. (I thought 1/2 hour before departure, but this is what they told me). The excursion is suppose to get us back at 4:00 pm.... (the boat from Soufriere leaves at 3:20 pm)....... Maybe I'm worrying for nothing, but I wish there was a little more time.......

Do you have any other excursions planned. We are going to do a catamaran tour in Barbados. I was there last year and we did the Silver Moon, but they are all booked this year, so there are two other tours that we are looking at.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi there!!!

That's great we are on the same ship....from what I am reading about timing I want to be sure about that too! I think I may reach out to Herod and see what he thinks, there is alot of the Land Tour I am intersted in, but I hear the snorkeling is great there and we love that so I'd like to hear how he will get it all in. I do imagine the power boat ride back goes rather quickly.

There are a bunch of us on the roll call thread if you might want to stop in and say hello.

Yes, we are going to do the Tiami in Barbados, some others on our roll call are doing the Silvermoon. I am anxious to see the turtles!

We are getting very excited, I imagine you are as well!

Regards.

Crisp1..... I just have to say...... I love your moto..... and thank you for your description of the land tour with Herod. We are so looking forward to this. Apparently, returning by sea is a little faster (only 30 -40 mins) as apposed to driving - so lets hope so or there will be 1 very nervous person here.

Finalcruising1 - Thanks - I'll pop over to the rollcall.

Archived