Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Quick question. Cabin 2385 on the Conquest....is that big block of white space crew working quarters? Would that be a tad noisy?

you will see that white area on every deck in the same area. Its the crew area how they move from floor to floor. You should not hear noise from that area.

You are however under the middle of the galley--you might hear noise from that area--with the prep of the days meals happening there.

I just got another upgrade on the Glory from cabin 7372 to Lido cabin 9270. Is this cabin ok? I see that it is near the elevators, should I be concerned?

I would not be too concern with the elevators-- heck you really need to be listening even when standing there waiting

Am I gonna regret having this cabin above these nightclubs?

We went guaranteed... so this cabin was assigned to us. I'm thinking I'm in trouble! :confused:

Thanks!

Jennifer

Just sit out on your wonderful balcony and enjoy it! Bring some earplugs along, just in case, and try not to worry. You will have a wonderful cruise! Keep a great attitude and SMILE!!

do I need to be concerned with fellow cruisers coming and going from the pool and buffet?

most cruisers are thoughtful while in the cabin area-- i will say you dont need to be concern with noise from these people---

Am I gonna regret having this cabin above these nightclubs?

We went guaranteed... so this cabin was assigned to us. I'm thinking I'm in trouble! :confused:

Thanks!

Jennifer

maybe- your cabin is in a good location with the elevators/stairs it looks like you are above that white area on the promanade deck--which is behind the public restrooms. If you were one more cabin over--- that would be above the stage area of that club. With that those people will hear the bass= the thump thiump of the music.

Its wont hurt to ask to be moved to another cabin on the same deck if there is availabilty.

Serene you ar emy last hope..you seem to have an inside edge on cabins..any scoop on these two??

I love those aft cabins--although you wont get any occean breezes like you would a side balcony the view more then enough makes up for it.

Not private but they do. People above you can not look down on you unless you are standing at the railing.

the miracle/spirit ae exactly alike with their layout. check my photos of the Miracle.- to see aft balconies/cabins.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/231082601wpbyYz

we sailed the caribbean princess-- best aft cabin is C753 best cruise we ever taken.

Oasis of the Seas is just too big for us.

Carnival Ecstasy, room E181 - a 1A

It's a nice room, BUT....

It's right underneath one of the dining rooms (as are all the rooms on this end of this deck), so when the waiters are dancing during dinner, man, do you hear it!

ALSO - as the room closest to the elevators, you DO hear them ding-ding-dinging ALL NIGHT LONG (and this would apply to the 1A rooms closest to the elevators on other decks as well)

Also, what's up with the fake window and curtain in an inside cabin? Why not just put a mirror or a nice picture there? Who do they think they're fooling?

They aren't trying to fool anyone. The cabins are just prefab boxes. The outsides have the window, the insides don't.

I've been in both 1As and cat 4s near the elevators and have never heard anything. You barely hear anything from your neighbors (depends on how many screaming children they have), and only hear people in the hallway if they're extremely loud and inconsiderate.

At least that's been my experience on various classes of Carnival ships (including two Fantasy-class ships). The elevator "ding" isn't even loud enough for me to tell which elevator is arriving without having to look at the arrows. Seems highly unlikely that you'd hear them through the walls or down the hall and through your door!

But people have different experiences. I don't personally want a cabin really close to the elevator just because of loud people at night. And I need the exercise. But if you really want to be close to them, I wouldn't worry about the noise too much. Of course, I also travel with a white noise machine to help block out noise when I'm sleeping.

At least that's been my experience on various classes of Carnival ships (including two Fantasy-class ships). The elevator "ding" isn't even loud enough for me to tell which elevator is arriving without having to look at the arrows. Seems highly unlikely that you'd hear them through the walls or down the hall and through your door!

something i learned on cc-- an elevator has one or two dings--depending on where its headed- Pay attention on your cruise and let me know if that is a fact.

Any info on this cabin reg noise or cons of picking it. I see a white space between this and next cabin B756 but don't know what it is. Any info would be appreciated. Never booked an aft cabin so want to make sure I made the right choice.

Thanks.

i personally am not 100% sure but do remember reading about the air condition ducts being between cabin space on a deck. Please go to the Princess Board and ask where the duct is located.

It has been written that it can get warm, noisy and smelly out there.

something i learned on cc-- an elevator has one or two dings--depending on where its headed- Pay attention on your cruise and let me know if that is a fact.

It is a fact. Although I prefer to take the stairs, after reading this on these boards, I had to stop and check it out.

I just changed our rooms (added a 2nd room) for our Thanksgiving sailing on the Triumph. After holding for 40 minutes and getting the rooms changed I realized that we're right on the edge (one cabin below) of the pool area. It's closer to the stage area, not the deck area, but I'm still concerned. We're traveling with our two girls (ages 5.5 & 1.5). Check out the deck plans and LMK what you all think PLEASE! :) If you've been in this area and had a problem please let me know. I'm thinking of calling and seeing if there are 2 cabins next to each other on the Empress Deck instead (I THOUGH that's where our room was to start with). UGH! Thanks so much.