Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

I just changed our rooms (added a 2nd room) for our Thanksgiving sailing on the Triumph. After holding for 40 minutes and getting the rooms changed I realized that we're right on the edge (one cabin below) of the pool area. It's closer to the stage area, not the deck area, but I'm still concerned. We're traveling with our two girls (ages 5.5 & 1.5). Check out the deck plans and LMK what you all think PLEASE! :) If you've been in this area and had a problem please let me know. I'm thinking of calling and seeing if there are 2 cabins next to each other on the Empress Deck instead (I THOUGH that's where our room was to start with). UGH! Thanks so much.

your cabins are under that white area on the deck plans-- this is a sitting area--kinda tiered. Its a good locatinn

Should I book a guaranteed cabin or pick a certain cabin number to have a better chance of being upgraded.

Thanks for any input.

for a better chance of being upgraded you want to take the guarantee cabin. Booking a set cabinnumber your chances of being up graded will be less then1%

I've tried searcing these boards for the past several days and it keeps telling me that the search function is down.

If anyone has stayed in this room before, I would love thoughts. Usually we stay between stateroom decks but had no choice on this cruise as we booked fairly last minute. We are above the pursers desk, away from the bars. Hopefully we won't have a problem.

I've tried searcing these boards for the past several days and it keeps telling me that the search function is down.

If anyone has stayed in this room before, I would love thoughts. Usually we stay between stateroom decks but had no choice on this cruise as we booked fairly last minute. We are above the pursers desk, away from the bars. Hopefully we won't have a problem.

instead of searchin gthis site-- cause of what you are asking is too broad maybe,

go to google. and search for "ships Name and cabin number"

I just did the google search but nothing. If anyone can help with cabin 6275 on Carnival Glory, that would be great!

if ya googled search and found nothing-- there is nothing about that particular cabin on the net.

you are above the shops from the promanade deck-- so no worries about noise.

going to carnival wb site looking at the pictures of a balcony cabin--will show you what the cabin looks like- the balcony will be narrow.

here is a pic of three balcony together:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2812550130100084953tsMObD

Has anyone had this cabin or any cabin on the Lido deck. We are concerned about the noise but it looks so close to everything. Also, we like the Caribe balcony and are not sure if the balcony on Lido is too small. We appreciate any information.

If you can move to the Caribe deck on Caribbean Princess for the same price, I would! The extra balcony space is AMAZING! I would pick that over being on the Lido any day!

How was this cabin, we are on the Crown sailing Oct 26th 2008 and in cabin E722?

Hey Flov177 - we are booked on the Emerald Princess for July 2008 and so far have E723 reserved - a mini in the back, but over the Club Fusion....I thought this would be a good area since it is all minis and full suites and I remember Club Fusion closed pretty early (11ish) - but after reading your experience...not so sure.

Do you think they change the activities based on the season in this room? We are travelling in summer, not Spring Break, but the last thing we need is no sleep.....thanks:confused:

Can anyone tell me about these rooms? If you look at the map, they are the ones with larger balconies but you pay the cheaper rate. They wrap around the stairwells.

Wondering about noise and being at the back of the ship.

Can anyone tell me about these rooms? If you look at the map, they are the ones with larger balconies but you pay the cheaper rate. They wrap around the stairwells.

take another cabin. It is not a cheaper rate- they cost the same as the other balconies on the deck. If looking for a larger balcony-- try to get one across the back of the ship - those balconies are indeed larger.

Here is my personal take on these L shaped cabins:

According to the configuration-- the cabin is bigger with a lot more sq footage then a reg one-- what is not being told is a lot of this sq footage can not be used.. there is a one foot space at the foot of the bed. on the side of the bed with the bathroom door-- so space here is minimal and cant be used for anything since you need to keep your walkway opened. There is no sofa in the room-- so when one of you is gettingdressed you will need to sit on the other side of the bed since the precious floor space on that side of the bed if needed for that person to get ready-

example-- you will not be able to sit at the vanity and do your hair/makeup while your husband can get dressed right there.

Its a tight room IMHO.

Here are my photos of the L on Liberty

http://travel.webshots.com/*****

compared to a regular cat 8 cabin:/ balcony

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2485787450093461973TQHgbo

(notiuce how wide/long the balcony is. room to move around out here.

you could really enjoy an aft balcony with your new spouse better then you can on a side balcony. there is no room for you to sit out there in a chair and recline== with sitting side by side.. the wall will get in the way of your knees.

Has anyone had this cabin or any cabin on the Lido deck. We are concerned about the noise but it looks so close to everything. Also, we like the Caribe balcony and are not sure if the balcony on Lido is too small. We appreciate any information.

We had a cabin on the Lido deck and loved it. It was so convenient and yet private and quiet. Can't remember the number now but it was about half way down on the starboard side maybe 239 or something like that. It was one of the best locations we have ever had. We weren't always lined up for the elevators cause practically everything was right there on our deck. We even had a little cocktail party with our friends on the balcony; it was tight but manageable. Hope this helps.

we are travelling in the island princess on feb 2/09 and our cabins are C622 & c624. we would like any info on these thats will be helpful to us. we are on the port side. thanks wendy:confused:

No direct experience here, but these look like good cabins to me. The C622 sits on a hump, and both are near the aft stairwell and elevators. Looks like a great location to me.

Hello everybody!

We are booked on the Norwegian Star 10/11/08 and we're in a balcony state room # 9200, our friends are booked in an inside room # 9227. Any information on either of these would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I'm only going on the info at cruisestateroom.com; no direct info on these particular cabins. Your balcony looks fine to me, locationwise. Your friends' inside cabin is below a blank space on the deck above, and sometimes - maybe even often times - this means some kind of service area. They also have what's probably a service corridor behind their cabin. We had a couple of cabins on Norwegian ships that were pretty annoyingly noisey due to service corridors and/or areas. Your friends might have this problem.

I'm only going on the info at cruisestateroom.com; no direct info on these particular cabins. Your balcony looks fine to me, locationwise. Your friends' inside cabin is below a blank space on the deck above, and sometimes - maybe even often times - this means some kind of service area. They also have what's probably a service corridor behind their cabin. We had a couple of cabins on Norwegian ships that were pretty annoyingly noisey due to service corridors and/or areas. Your friends might have this problem.

Thank you so much for your help! I'll see if we can get their room moved, nothing is worse than having a noisy room!

Sorry to post - but it says "search is temporarily down".

We are booked on RCCL Voyager in:

6644 - D1 Balcony - I think above the dining rooms ??

6605 & 6607 - PR inside

I'm more concerned about 6644 because we will have two 11 month olds - and I don't want it to be "too noisy". Its nice that we would have the inside (PR) rooms on the same floor to visit...but I don't want my kids to be disturbed either.

Sorry to post - but it says "search is temporarily down".

We are booked on RCCL Voyager in:

6644 - D1 Balcony - I think above the dining rooms ??

6605 & 6607 - PR inside

I'm more concerned about 6644 because we will have two 11 month olds - and I don't want it to be "too noisy". Its nice that we would have the inside (PR) rooms on the same floor to visit...but I don't want my kids to be disturbed either.

6605/07 is above the stores you wont have noise from that area. Usually the noise is above a cabin-- the dining room is carpeted-- again not a noise issue