Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Greetings - my wife and I are taking our first cruise in October for our 10th anniversary. Splendor, Spa deck, room 1102. Any complaints about this room? We could conceivably be bumped, since it's a room for four, but I thought having a couch might be nice (I get in trouble a lot).

Hey Cessnaguy what date are you sailing?? We are going in oct too!!:D

This is a great thread and I can't imagine not having it now on CC. What of Sparky, who started it? Hope he or she is ok. Isn't around any longer, does anyone know?

the last time Sparky posted was February 2008.

(you can see that by clicking on the persons name and view all posts)

Hi Serene56 - Just wanted to say I think you are such an assest to these boards. Read a lot from you over the years.

To you and fellow cruisers out there, planning to go on the CCL Freedom in July. Do you have any info please on 9270? 9274? In terms of noise, traffic from pool area? Accomodations for two kids 8, 6 and 2 adults?

Thanks

Hi Serene56, YES!!!! We will absolutely be at the show. We were just curious what that white area on the Deck Plan is. We're not use to being Forward but, it's a cruise, how bad can it be? I do admit though it is making me a little nervous. What ever it is like we'll deal with it. Thank you for your input. I appreciate your knowledge and expertise.

Rhonda

some one posted a review about the cabins above the show lounge (on the back area)

seems they practice their routines at night-- after midnight - could be loud

I really just wanted to be as high up as possible, and as far forward as possible. So this room also makes me happy. Goal #87..

strange type of goal--LOL

and now curious question is WHY??

did you know:

the higher you go the more you pay?

the more you pay the more you sway???

being forward also gets the most motion.

and being higher , even more so.

Hi Serene56 - Just wanted to say I think you are such an assest to these boards. Read a lot from you over the years.

To you and fellow cruisers out there, planning to go on the CCL Freedom in July. Do you have any info please on 9270? 9274? In terms of noise, traffic from pool area? Accomodations for two kids 8, 6 and 2 adults?

Thanks

its a balcony cabin- upper bed with a convertible sleeper sofa. (are theygonna fight on who gets the bed????

you should get no noise from the pool- you have to travel through the hallway- through stadium seating to get to the pool-

I really just wanted to be as high up as possible, and as far forward as possible. So this room also makes me happy. Goal #87..

strange type of goal--LOL

and now curious question is WHY??

did you know:

the higher you go the more you pay?

the more you pay the more you sway???

being forward also gets the most motion.

and being higher , even more so.

Has anyone been in this area. Just wondering about the bump near the back, think its the dining room area. Do you think it will effect being able to see down to the water.

thx

Linda

http://cruises.about.com/od/royalcaribbeancruiseline/ig/Freedom-of-the-Seas/freedom_of_the_seas008.htm

no, you should be able to see straight down

Serene, do you know anything about the new Window Suite cabins that have been added to some of the Princess ships ? We're trying one out on a cruise next year.

no, but those cabin sound wonderful. bet it will be older ships.

Never heard of those

Few years ago, we sailed on the Celebrity Cruise Zenith, when we booked a stateroom under the theater, we didn't think that the performers had to practice that much; early in the morning or late in the afternoon, since my wife caught the ''virus'' she had to rest few days.

From now on, be sure that I look twice at the ship's plan, before booking

I really did try to go through this whole thread and use the search before I asked this.

Carnival Freedom May 21st sailing, booked OV 2327 but now am scared it's not such a good choice (thanks Serene! Any ideas? I went to Carnival site and I *think* the Art Gallery is above us. Not real sure, but any thoughts on this? Should we move??? :)

I really did try to go through this whole thread and use the search before I asked this.

Carnival Freedom May 21st sailing, booked OV 2327 but now am scared it's not such a good choice (thanks Serene! Any ideas? I went to Carnival site and I *think* the Art Gallery is above us. Not real sure, but any thoughts on this? Should we move??? :)

no, you are fine, The "art gallery" is a separate dining room- which is carpeted

Wondering about the noise level of cabin 6240 on the Celebrity Eclipse. It is over a lounge area & also a gray area not far from Murano & other dining places. Not so worried about noise from the lounge (although would not want to be right over a speaker) biggest concern would be if it's over a galley area. Can anyone here tell me what level of noise to expect from the deck below?

Edited by CanWeGoYet?

I am thinking about booking several cabins for our family on Carnival Dream. Looking at deck 8 cabins 8412 to 8422. Does anyone have experience with these----good or bad? Many thanks......this is a very special cruise for all of us.

I am thinking about booking several cabins for our family on Carnival Dream. Looking at deck 8 cabins 8412 to 8422. Does anyone have experience with these----good or bad? Many thanks......this is a very special cruise for all of us.

Very good choice. between cabin space-away from public areas. Use the aft elevators to get to the lido food pools.

Well I wouldn't book cabin 869 on Regent Seven Seas Voyager -

What was wrong with that cabin in particular?

What couldn't they fix?

Voyager had a reputation for having a bit of a vibration problem in the stern, but I thought that was fixed?

I have looked at all the deck lay outs and our room is underneath the Lido deck. to be exact underneath a room which is behind the bar on the lido deck. Does anyone know what is in that room behind the bar? I am really hoping it is not a storage room for the deck chairs. :(

Does anyone know about 8012 on Jewel of the Seas? It has one of those

asterisks and says a "pull down" 3rd bed.... When we booked we thought

the 3rd passenger bed was the sofa. We'll be in the room for 14 days so

just wondering... margretha

I have looked at all the deck lay outs and our room is underneath the Lido deck. to be exact underneath a room which is behind the bar on the lido deck. Does anyone know what is in that room behind the bar? I am really hoping it is not a storage room for the deck chairs. :(

Its the storage area for the bar.