Hawaii Cheat Sheet

ROCruiser

Hooked -on-travel -- I put in that I wanted one book and when I went to "check-out" it offered me another for $15. I'm probably a dummy but I didn't get the 2nd book. PCC was the only coupon that I really wanted. The other ones I knew we would use were Bowfin and Mighty Mo. They are both up to four persons per coupon so we're good there.

I called PCC and used my coupon today. They charge your credit card the full price and then give you a refund when you present the coupon. 24-hour cancellation notice, no charge.

If you check the website now, all the books are 9.99, Shipping is 2-3 weeks but you can check express shipping for 7 more bucks, so that is 17 bucks a book. I saved that already updating my car rental.

Lou

When I ordered my books I ended up getting them in 3 working days and I didn't pay for anything expedited. But if your trip were getting close, you might want to do something express.

We got back from our trip 2 days ago, so I couldn't have waited for them to go down in price again to $10.

We only used the grocery coupons and the PCC and still came out ahead.

So far I have payed for both of the books and the shipping by the savings on rebooking my rental car with the discount codes offered by them.

Anything else I get will be a plus!

-Lou

A few shopping shuttle questions for all you shoppers that want to help out another shopper!!

Hopefully I have all the shopping center names correct that are close to the ports and offer free shuttles. I didn't catch any of these shuttles last time but I noticed them in the different ports Hilo Hatties, Kmart and Walmart shuttles but can't remember who left from what ports and whether one shuttle takes you to all. I have listed below what shops I think are at each port just not sure what shuttle to catch. I hope it's not confusing:eek:

Kahului, Maui

Queen Ka'ahumanu Center

Walmart

Kmart (not sure if this is correct)

Are they different locations and do you need to get more then one shuttle?

Hilo

Prince Kuhio Plaza

Do you have to get the Hilo Hattie's shuttle or is there a Walmart shuttle?

Kona

Makalapua Center - Macy's & Kmart

Walmart

Is the Makalapua Center and Walmart close by or do you need to take two different shuttles?

Kauai

Kukui Grove Shopping Center - Macy's Sears & Kmart

Walmart

Same question again are they together or two separate shuttles?

Hoping someone can help me:)

• 2 years later...

We booked the hilo helicopter tour, but haven't seen anyone else who has? Was about to change it to Kauai till I saw your post.

Many folks mention helicopter tours on Kauai, but a helicopter tour over Volcano National Park gives you the opporunity to see lava oozing on the ground and in calderas. One of the best excursions I've done. Expensive, but a chance of a lifetime.

Musicitul,

Thank for reviving this thread, Got lots of good info and booked many sites for future reference.

Please do a review of your Hilo helicopter tour. We are thinking of booking it while on our March cruise. We will be on Hilo on DH's birthday. Should make for a memorable day.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Janet

We did this helicopter flight at Hilo Sept 2009. Although we did not see rivers of lava flowing as shown. We did see molten lava. It was spectacular. Afterwards we drove our rental car to VNP and saw the ground view. Then stopped at an orchid greenhouse, and the Macadamia nut plantation. It was a great day at Hilo.

http://paradisecopters.com/tourInfo.php?TourNo=HFFA

Janet - I am no Hawaii expert, I just research. The other tour that we did last fall was snorkle to Molokini from Lahaina harbor. We did the ship's tour on that one. It was fabulous. Molokini was a great place to snorkle. Clear water and huge fish. Then there was a second snorkle stop at a place along Maui coast called the Turtle Cleaning Station. Huge sea turtles come to his area to be cleaned by some fish. Some sea turtles could be seen from our boat, swimming along with their heads above water like periscopes. DH was swimming when another snorkler pointed behind him. He turned around and there was a turtle passing by about 10 feet away. Our excursion included a barbeque while boating between the 2 snorkle sites. Another man who was snorkling told us that he was swimming along scanning the bottom when a shadow prompted him to look up. He discovered that he was practically nose to nose with an equally surprised sea turtle! I so wish there was a photo of that encounter.

Everyone has there great Ideas of what to do, and I would like to share mine.

On Oahu, we booked and did CAPTAIN BOBS, snorkling and bbq excursion. We had the time of our lives. We have done this excursion in 91. 92, and of course 2009.

If you have teens, they will have the time of their lives, snorkling, volley ball on a reef in the culdera of a volcano (dormant of course) swimming with sea turtle and of course a bbq at sea.

Highly recommend.

Safe travels.

Everyone has there great Ideas of what to do, and I would like to share mine.

On Oahu, we booked and did CAPTAIN BOBS, snorkling and bbq excursion. We had the time of our lives. We have done this excursion in 91. 92, and of course 2009.

If you have teens, they will have the time of their lives, snorkling, volley ball on a reef in the culdera of a volcano (dormant of course) swimming with sea turtle and of course a bbq at sea.

Highly recommend.

Safe travels.

Hi Sue thank you for this info...do you have any contact info for Captain Bobs?

Hi Sue thank you for this info...do you have any contact info for Captain Bobs?

We booked our trip from the mainland on Blue Hawaii tours. They did not offer the excursion. So when we landed we used Roberts to book the excursion.

Safe travels.

Archived