Sun Princess - Late into Ft Lauderdale?

TommyC

If you look at the Sun Princess webcam - it looks like it is just approaching the Ft Lauderdale channel entrance - a little late? Have there been any reports of mechanical problems or weather? Let's hope not!

Yes, the ship was about 2-2 1/2 hours late this morning, and we made our 11:17am flight by the skin of our teeth (and I will be a month recovering from THAT taxi ride...from the port terminal to the airline terminal in under 5 minutes, we got in the taxi in Port Everglades 37 minutes before our flight took off). We booked the flight months ago for 11:50am, and United moved it forward (and changed the flight number) without notification; hence, the 11:17am flight.

I'll post more tomorrow, and finish up my LIVE FROM thread. It was a wonderful cruise, it's just yesterday afternoon tendering back from Princess Cays and today that was a bit adventurous.

Yes, the ship was about 2-2 1/2 hours late this morning, and we made our 11:17am flight by the skin of our teeth (and I will be a month recovering from THAT taxi ride...from the port terminal to the airline terminal in under 5 minutes, we got in the taxi in Port Everglades 37 minutes before our flight took off). We booked the flight months ago for 11:50am, and United moved it forward (and changed the flight number) without notification; hence, the 11:17am flight.

I'll post more tomorrow, and finish up my LIVE FROM thread. It was a wonderful cruise, it's just yesterday afternoon tendering back from Princess Cays and today that was a bit adventurous.

Glad to hear you made your flight and looking forward to hearing what an adventure you had tendering back and getting back to port:eek:

We really enjoyed your LIVE from thread - thanks:) ;)

My parents were on this cruise.

They said the seas were so rough leaving Princess Cays that the last tenders back to the ship couldnt dock along side the Sun for 4 hours or so, hence the delay.

Luckily, they live in Fort Lauderdale and didnt have to catch a flight. What a nightmare it must have been for some people!

Archived