Pineapple Resort all inclusive

Deb&Bert

We took a taxi to Long Bay Beach (with two other couples for $6 pp). We did not get the pass for the Pineapple b/c it was over $100 pp when we cruised over Christmas. We were happy we didn't, though, because (a) the part of the beach by the resort actually wasn't as nice as where we were, (b) you don't need a pool when the beach and ocean are that beautiful!, and © we had an amazing lunch (not too expensive) at the outdoor restaurant at the Long Bay Beach Hotel.

Thanks for the posts !!!!! and pics!!!! adds to our excitement. I have prompt email responses and we are taking kids ....

I have arranged for 16$ to have antiguia premier tours shuttle us back and forth.. I have heard great things about them here ...

Jim

kruzingtogether,

I'm glad that you enjoyed your day in Antigua. But if you get back and want to do the same thing again there are actually 3 different passes GPBR. 1. From 9 till 6 (breakfast included $50 + 10%) 2. 10:30 till 6 (use of all the things that are free to guest of GPBR $45 + 10%) 3. 6 till 1:30a (Dinner and entertainment $50 + 10%) All include free drinks and lunch at the different locations at GPBR......

I can see how that there was a mix-up on the different passes. Put any of the 2 together and its over $100 :eek:

Ouch, kruzingtogether, if I were you I'd done the same thing. You'd think they would have posted something on the web site saying that over the holidays or at peak season these rates don't apply. Glad you had a good experience anyway. We are looking forward to our day in Antigua in May.........

http://www.allegroantigua.com/ here is the main site..

Here is the info on day pass - under news and events

http://www.allegroantigua.com/english/daypass.phtml

Leaving in less than 2 weeks... on we have reservations for 6 adults 3 kids

we are getting shuttled back and forth by Carl/Gordon - antiguapremiertors.com

we booked through Seans scenis tours to go to Long Bay ...email address is seanscenictours@gmail.com

cost was quoted as $15.00 return per person...he has a van that seats 30..

We also used Sean last Thursday from the Liberty to Pineapple Beach Resort. I cannot say enough about him. He is wonderful. Very prompt and a true gentleman. He took us on a scenic tour on the way to the resort and gave a great narrative along the way. He also made a stop to purchase sugar cane and gave it to us and then took us to Devil's Bridge on the way back. He is very dedicated to promoting the tourism side of Antigua.

I highly recommend him for any tour while in Antigua.

How confusing...

I don't think everyone is talking about the same place?

The pictures above match google searches for Occidental Grand Pineapple. The Allegro web site is not working so I can't check that.

The pictures do not match Sandals Antigua.

If anyone who has talked to them recently can confirm who owns it and if it's really a sandals property or not I would appreciate it. I was looking for a good place to go in October but we have a child so if it's really Sandals now that leaves us out.

We were there last week. We were told that it has been bought out by Sandals but we did see some younger children there on day passes. We paid $50 pp for a day pass that did not include breakfast. The grounds are beautiful and the quiet pool was not crowded. I did not care for the buffet at all but it was still worth the $50 not to be bothered by local crafters selling their products. The beach is absolutely gorgeous.

We pre-arranged with Sean Beazer at Scenic Tours Antiqua for the transportation. He is great and will take good care of you.

http://www.allegroantigua.com/ here is the main site..

Here is the info on day pass - under news and events

http://www.allegroantigua.com/english/daypass.phtml

Leaving in less than 2 weeks... on we have reservations for 6 adults 3 kids

we are getting shuttled back and forth by Carl/Gordon - antiguapremiertors.com

This and #22 just don't happen for me. All I get are ASCII stuff. Thanks anyway!

Thanks for the great information posted! I will be going to Grand Pineapple on Thursday April 5th, 2007. Looks and sounds like a wonderful place!

F.Y.I - I think it is best to call there to book a day pass. I sent an e-mail, no reply... then had to call. Never received a confirmation email but e-mailed them again and they said they sent one but I just didn't receive it. OK. So they sent me a confirmation. If they don't get back to you give them a call!

Does anyone know how long of a ride it is from the dock in St. Johns?

If anyone else is going that day....let me know and we can share the ride at a reduced rate!

San-d-beach,

we too are interested in going to Pineapple Beach on April 5th. We are a party of 11 if that helps you at all.

Also, I've only just emailed them tonight to purchase the day passes. I can't view the web site either so could someone post the number for me to call?

Thanks!

Kathy

San-d-beach,

we too are interested in going to Pineapple Beach on April 5th. We are a party of 11 if that helps you at all.

Also, I've only just emailed them tonight to purchase the day passes. I can't view the web site either so could someone post the number for me to call?

Thanks!

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I e-mailed Sean Beazer from Scenic Tours Antigua. Found him on other posts here. He quoted me a price of $20.00 per person up and back (=$80 for my family) to give me a ride to Pineapple and on the way back to Devil's Bridge. To be honest with you...I don't know if it is worth it! $80 for a ride? If we can find a bus taxi (your 11 + my 4) we may be able to get a really cheap rate...maybe $6.00pp. I will also email him again if we combine for a ride to see if he will give us a deal. What ship are you sailing on? I am on the Dawn. I will check back here tonight to wait for your reply. We can definitely get together on this to help defer cost for all of us. I would rather spend the $ elsewhere.

My suggestion would be to call them (GPBR) directly for the passes.

Grand Pineapple Beach Resort phone number(listed from an email I received from them) is: 268-463-2006

Fax # is: 268-463-2452

I purchased passes starting at 10:30. I wasn't interested in the breakfast plus getting up early!

Talk Later,

Sandy

:)

After I sent my last post...I went back and read all of the posts on this thread. When a poster stated that he paid $6 for a ride to GPBR, I am thinking that was for one way. There are many different prices stated for rides to GPBR in this thread. I am trying to figure out the best price for a ride. I have been informed through posts for St.Thomas that people get taken over the coals on rates by taxi drivers there.

Driving services on these islands rely on cruise ship passengers. Some (not all) will take advantage of the "willing tourist".

Any help from all who posted here on ride prices to Grand Pineapple would be appreciated. Please state your price as a two way ride.....then we can sort out the best and most "fair priced" transportation.

THANKS!!!

Sandy

Sandy,

We're sailing on the Dawn too. My mistake though...we are 12 not 11.

I read that post too about the $6.00 taxi fare and think that is reasonable even if for one way. $20.00 per person does seem on the high side.....how difficult do you think it would be to negotiate for a van/bus right after we get off the ship? Sometimes you can get a good deal that way. Also, if Sean thinks he'll loose a fare, he might be willing to come down in price, especially with the addition of 12 more people.

Oh, and we also aren't interested in breakfast and was successful in getting the passes for 10:30.

Let me know if you hear anything from Sean.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I sent Sean an e-mail telling him we would have at least 15...so I will wait for him to get back to me. Will you be going to the CC meet and greet on April 2nd? It is posted on the roll call board...I think it is at 10:30 am but forget where...I will have to check on that. Are you traveling with any teens? It is our first cruise! Celebrating my son's 16th birthday (April 1) We are all getting excited!

We will stay in touch on this thread concerning transportation.

Talk soon

Sandy

Kathy,

I received an e-mail from Sean. Here is his quoted price: no deal for more people......

the prices below are for your distribution

• Children 0-2 Free
  • 3-11 yrs. US$16. pp round trip
  • 12 yrs and over US$20. pp round trip

thanks in advance and I will e-mail you the location for our meeting point in a couple days

Sean

Kathy - let me know what you would like to do. Do you think we can find cheaper? I will watch for your reply

Sandy

I found this website; can anyone tell me if this actually is the place everyone is talking about? I can't seem to get the other sites posted here to open and am not having any luck with the posted e-mail addresses either.

http://www.eliteislandresorts.com/site/resorts.asp?resortID=12&islandID=1

Hi Terre,

checked out your link. That is the Grand Pineapple that we are talking about. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you will see the phone and fax numbers listed on previous posts.

Sandy

Archived