PG Excursion Question

ski3bee

Reading over the excursions offered in Bora Bora. Has anyone experenced the "Aqua Safari-underwater walk?":rolleyes:

Would love to know what some of your favorites were.

Also it it necessary to sign up before we are on the cruise?

Thanks

S

Reading over the excursions offered in Bora Bora. Has anyone experenced the "Aqua Safari-underwater walk?":rolleyes:

Thanks

S

We did the helmet dive in Moorea through PG, and it was a blast. :)

We did the Off Road Adventure in Bora Bora when we were on the PG in 2004 and we loved it! It's pretty bumpy and not recommended if you have health problems such as a bad back though. The views are incredible.

We are on the PG again in early March and we are planning to take the Island Circumnavigation by Jet Boat trip, as our travel agent says her clients love it. I know most people who have done the Waverunner excursion love that as well.

If you like the water you should really consider a snorkel excursion, as the lagoon is gorgeous!

I don't think it's ever a bad idea to sign up early.

:cool: Thanks for the info....we are on the PG in April for the 11 day cruise. Can't wait, it will be our first time on the PG and Tahiti so I have been reading all the posts on this thread. It all sounds so good.

Ski

Make sure you do the WAVE RUNNER around Bora Bora...I did PG :cool: 2 years ago and am going again this summer. That view from those incredibly fun toys is GREAT! They also offer wave runner trips in Moorea. Have a ball! It's a trip you'll never forget...

Hi Librarian,

Yes, we will be on the April 11 cruise. This will be our first on the PG and our second with Regent or Radison as it was know as a few years ago when we cruised with them.

If this is your second trip on the PG you must have loved the first, it seems everyone loves it, a good sign.

We are reading through the shore excursions and deciding which we would enjoy the most and still have time to just lay back and enjoy the fun in the sun, beaches and just being there.

Any tips I would love and add to my notes.

Thanks, SKI:)

Hi, Ski3bee

Here's our excursion (or not) plans

Huahine-Go to local beach just north of Fare that Lonely Planet guidebook advises has great snorkeling.

Raiatea- Jungle Hike excursion-we really want to hike the interior of an island.

Rangiroa-not sure yet-more research needed!

Moorea-one day rent a car and circle the island, other day not sure-hopefully, return to a beach we found while on day one, if not down to the beach near Les Tipaniers (sp?) that we went to last year to snorkel.

Bora Bora-excursion -still debating. I want to do the Circumnavigation by jet boat, my husband the waverunner. Second day, the private motu. Last year we rented a car and circled the island and enjoyed that.

Thanks to dreps for his trip report. Now I know about the shuttle in Huahine to Fare, among other things!

:rolleyes: Did you take your own snorkle equipment? Is it possiable to just use their fins or do you have to use only their equipment?

Drebs: Enjoyed reading your trip report, thank you for sending it to me.

Librarian: Thanks for your excursion info. Right now the Classic Sailing Tour is sounding good for Raiatea,but the Jungle Hike to the waterfall also sounds good, Lagoon Sail and Swim by Catamaran on Bora Bora, we did somthing similar sounding over to St John Island in the Carabean (sp) and loved it. Most of all we for sure want to do the Aqua Safari on Bora Bora. As you can see ... sounds like we want to do it ALL, and still have time to relax on the beach. What a dilemma!

SKI:cool:

Thanks

S

If this is anything like the helmet dive we did in Bermuda it will be great! I don't swim or snorkle so that is really the only way for me to get into the water. It was great. I am not sure if we are going to do this in Tahiti just because there is so much to do already.

We have signed up for the waverunners in Bora Bora and the hike with Mark Eddows. (I hope we get what we want.)

My DH is starting dive classes on Monday.

I might actually try learning to swim since it seems like not swimming will really limit what I can do.

Got air arrangements the other day and I am really getting excited.

Now looking at all of the "tropical" clothes online like TravelSmith and LL Bean. I have to have at least a few new things. ;)

Bye!

Caroline

Wow, I'm so jealous of all you guys! Catmommy, if there's any reason to learn how to swim, this would be it! Really, though, if you can get so that you are comfortable in the water, even within your depth, you will have fun--the water on Motu Mahana is shallow.

My husband David did the class sail on Raiatea, and he loved it, got to steer the boat and everything. I've heard that the hike up to the waterfall can be very strenuous, there was a review of that excursion posted about a year ago.

Ski3bee,

I'm not sure from your post if you are aware that the PG provides snorkel masks and fins. You check them out on your first day, and return them your last.

How is the quality of the snorkel gear? In Hawaii we rented "dry snorkels" which we really enjoyed.

:) I did not realize they provided snorkel equipment.....thanks.

My only thought on this is the use of the mouth piece, do they change it out for a new unused one? Sanitize it?

:confused: Another question, are there hairdryers provided in each room?

You guys are great with your answers and thoughts on the trip. Its really getting exciting looking forward to it plus checking this board to see what the latest post is.

SKI

Yes - hairdryers in each room and yes they sanitize the snorkeling equipment. Ours didn't fit us that great but we didn't take the time to go back to try others either after we had them on an outing.

We did the waverunners in Bora Bora and loved it - would do it again. We were really lucky and only had one other couple go when we did it. It's all a family business - uncle owns the waverunners and nephews take you on the tour which included going to the uncles private motu for fresh fruit/demonstrations.

We had lots of rain on our cruise - rainy season truly means lots of rain.

Have a great trip!!!

This is what I wrote from our 10-day cruise in Feb. 2006: We went on the photographic safari with five other people and the photographer—a young Frenchman named Reno. It was great, but very hot. We were in a 4-wheel drive vehicle, but we did a fair amount of hiking to get to some of the views. We went above Belvedere (which we had been to before) and also to the top of Magic Mountain, which had spectacular views. If you don’t like heights, don’t do this excursion. More than one person in our party almost freaked out. I’m not crazy about heights, but it didn’t bother me at all. The group were older than us—at least in their 60s and 70s. Reno provided a number of photographic tips, and I think I learned something, especially about picture composition.

Archived