Lobster night

I've read on these boards that in the dining room you can ask for as many servings of an item as you want and they always bring it to you. Does this also include lobster night? If I can pack away 12 lobsters, will they keep feeding them to me? What is the most anyone has ever eaten in the dining room and have they ever asked anyone to leave for ordering too much? Thanks!

Whether or not you "can" order it is one thing. Personally, I think it looks extremely tacky. I'd put a limit at 3 lobster tails and one extra serving in chops (they may even charge you an extra $10). I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but with so many other people on a cruise besides you, a little social civility is in order.

Whether or not you "can" order it is one thing. Personally, I think it looks extremely tacky. I'd put a limit at 3 lobster tails and one extra serving in chops (they may even charge you an extra $10). I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but with so many other people on a cruise besides you, a little social civility is in order.

I agree. Why would anyone want to eat so much. What or Who is the person trying to impress. "Tacky" is too kind.

In the Specialty restaurants, I don't think you can order "willy-nilly"-and the amount of food they serve is quite ample!

In the dining room, you can order several entrees, desserts, etc... but don't forget--you'll be holding up the whole table by doing that!

2 Years ago on the Navigator my girlfriends father and i had 8 lobsters each, but i was just on the voyager on January 6-13 and only had 3 lobsters. Our waiter got me and my brother 2 lobsters right away to start off our meal and then when we asked for me he said okay but we waited like 7 minutes and then he came back to use and said that he had to wait to find the headwaiter to ask if we were allowed to have more becuase the waiters now have to ask the head waiter for permission to give more than 2 which i didnt like at all because i paid good money for my cruise and would like to eat my lobster but 3 lobsters were good for me!!!

I agree. Why would anyone want to eat so much. What or Who is the person trying to impress. "Tacky" is too kind.

Really what do you care what someone else eats? Is it hurting you?

Also someone commented that you will hold up the table...another reason to eat at a table for two. If people are going to get annoyed if you order an extra entre, I dont think I want to eat dinner with them!

My only problem with ordering so many lobsters, is that if they are ordering them at the main seating, the late seating may not have enough to go around. This experience is first hand. Two years ago on a Celebrity Cruise, we had a table of 10, we're sitting at the table on time, and three of our table mates did not get lobster because they had run out.

I find it tacky to watch others while they eat, how else would you know what they are eating? If you do want to order extra don't worry about holding the table up. I have ordered extra and been with others that have also, I never found it to slow down the dinners of others at the same table but a different party.

To be honest with you, I really don't find the lobster that tasty!! We've been on 2 cruises and both times I was disappointed in what they called lobster tails!

Homerun with that comment. This is not cold water lobster and at best is second rate. I suppose you can mash hamburger, call it a chop steak, and people will want more of it because it has steak in the name. ;)

Wow The P is being called tacky cause he wants to know if he can eat more Lobster if he wants!! This person paid his own fare and if wishes to enjoy his cruise the best way he can who are we to call him tacky?? I dont think that men should wear church sock pulled up to their knees with sneakers(tennis shoes) on or wear socks with sandals, I also cant see why some woman have to put make up on just to sit in the sun and lets not even discuss those that wear 2 piece bathing suits know dog gone well they should be wearing a 1 piece!! But I would never go as far as calling these people out ad "Tacky" They spent their money for their preffrence no one appoint us the Tacky police, let him eat his Lobster!! Hey OP I dont even eat Lobster like that but you can join my table and I will join you and we'll be tacky together!! :p

.......I also cant see why some woman have to put make up on just to sit in the sun and lets not even discuss those that wear 2 piece bathing suits know dog gone well they should be wearing a 1 piece!!.............

hmmm, someone struck a nerve, where did this come from......;)

Probably the cause of global warming, too... :cool:

Rude and civility in the same sentence...well done!

LL

NO nerves struck I just really dislike people being put down cause thier actions or believes dont agree with others. We all do things that other may not agree with but what place do we have to call them out?? The OP has not spoke up for himself so i figured I'd play devils advocate :p

NO nerves struck I just really dislike people being put down cause thier actions or believes dont agree with others. We all do things that other may not agree with but what place do we have to call them out?? His has not spoke up for himself so i figured I'd play devils advocate :p

Well, you're gonna get the devil if any of those women you referred to get hold of you. :D

NO nerves struck I just really dislike people being put down cause thier actions or believes dont agree with others. We all do things that other may not agree with but what place do we have to call them out?? The OP has not spoke up for himself so i figured I'd play devils advocate :p

I don't blame him...I wouldn't either...

I've read on these boards that in the dining room you can ask for as many servings of an item as you want and they always bring it to you. Does this also include lobster night? If I can pack away 12 lobsters, will they keep feeding them to me? What is the most anyone has ever eaten in the dining room and have they ever asked anyone to leave for ordering too much? Thanks!

Reminds me of the episode of the Simpsons where Homer goes to an all-you-can-eat seafood buffet and they kick him out 'cause he ate everything so he sues them...and his lawyer asks Marge "What happened after they threw you out of the restaurant?" and she lowers her head and says "We went fishing..."

So, I guess if they run out of lobsters in the dining room, you can always cast a fishing rod over the side of the boat ;)

Personally I don't think it's tacky at all. I've been on two cruises and both times my husband and I got more than one lobster tail as well as the rest of our table. And I'm actually very little and feel they don't give you a lot-especially for the entree. So thumbs up to the guy who wants more - we paid enough to be on the boat might as well live it up the few times a year the opportunity arises!