I'm giving it a try!

FunShipFan

I've been reading this board for a while now and you've given me the courage to book my first solo cruise. I used to cruise with my father and my daughter. My father passed away last year and my daughter is now grown and not in a position to cruise right now. So rather than go without, I've booked a cruise for December. I'm going on the Carnival Liberty, since the price was right for a solo. Any suggestions you may have for me would be appreciated!

Just have an open mind and enjoy yourself!! I am going on my second solo cruise this October and I can't wait. I am normally a little shy, but once I opened myself up a little during my first cruise, I was able to meet new people and never felt uncomfortable or out of place.

Most people on cruises are looking to have a good time and will reach out if they see someone alone!! I had more fun meeting and talking to new people, and since I was on HAL, some of the new 'cruise friends' I met were a lot older than me, but that didn't matter!! What's also nice is, when I wanted to have some alone time I just opened up a book and relaxed and nobody bothered me!! Also, the crew are especially nice if they know your alone!! HAL also had lunches for any single or solo guests which let us all get to know each other.

I hope you have a wonderful time!!

I have only been on 2 cruises. Both solo and both on Celebrity. I already have a 3rd one booked. You will simply love solo cruising. You can do whatever whenever you want without having to worry about anything or anyone. People are friendly and are always willing to include you especially when they find out you are solo. I have had so much fun meeting new people at dinner and on excursions. You'll love it.

:) Hi, congrats on your booking!

I would say hop over to the Carnival Roll Call board to see

if there is a Roll Call started. It is a great way to meet others

on your cruise:)

Also, a large table for dinner is the way to go (in my opinion).

Its a wonderful way to meet others as well.

I have been sailing solo for almost 4 years now and

I LOVE IT:D Actually, I leave next month for a cruise

to the Mexican Riveria for my birthday. No better

way of celebrating than to be on a cruiseship:)

I hope you have a wonderful time too:)

Archived