D732 on Star Princess...Does it have a bathytub?

elmtree

I have read somewhere that D732 on the Star Princess does not have a bathtub..This is the room we have booked for March 24, and I understood that all Mini Suites had tubs...anyone have any idea which is correct, and if it doesn't have a tub...is the shower bigger? Thanks...

According to the deck plans that is correct; no tub. It also does not convert from twins to a queen bed, although I have seen photos where a determined couple put the two beds together, but they had to quite literally crawl over the bed to get access to the balcony as it blocked the doorway.

Ok, so does anyone know if the shower is bigger...why is there no bathtub? If the shower is bigger, I will keep this room, but if it is the same small one like in the regular balcony ones...I am definately going to cancel and choose another room...any help will do...I have tried the search menu and also the board that helps you with rooms, and can;t seem to find out anything...

Anyone ever been in this room????

According to the deck plans that is correct; no tub. It also does not convert from twins to a queen bed, although I have seen photos where a determined couple put the two beds together, but they had to quite literally crawl over the bed to get access to the balcony as it blocked the doorway.
It's a mini-suite so why would they have to crawl over the bed to get to the balcony?

Ok, so does anyone know if the shower is bigger...why is there no bathtub? If the shower is bigger, I will keep this room, but if it is the same small one like in the regular balcony ones...I am definately going to cancel and choose another room...any help will do...I have tried the search menu and also the board that helps you with rooms, and can;t seem to find out anything...

Anyone ever been in this room????

I'm in D728, just 2 doors down on the Golden Princess and I too am curious why there isn't a tub and why this cabin would be so different from other mini-suites.

This is one of the last two rooms that has the asterisk on the deck plans; which says they do not convert to a queen.

There were some old threads that discussed these rooms, I will see if I can find them. But as I recall the room is narrower than a standard mini (not sure why) and the two twins are placed along the two main side walls of the room, perpendicular to the sliding glass door out to the balcony. There is a space/aisle between the beds to walk into the sitting area, and a half wall at the head of each of the beds. If you put the beds together, you have to crawl over one of the beds or half wall to reach the sitting area and balcony. Since pictures speak a thousand words, let me see if I can locate the ones I saw.

Can't say as I know if the shower is any different than the usual.

Found the pictures of the Golden (sister ship) of this cabin, here they are (full album). Pictures of bathroom shower included, and it is as Coral describes below:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/378283620Wcvptp

Here is the thumbnail of the beds in queen setup and the blocked passageway

378288212KZkFDx_th.jpg

The cabin was designed as a handicapped cabin but was never marked as so. So yes, the shower area is larger, the balcony is larger, etc. . . in order to accomadate a wheelchair. The room has a strange setup and the beds can be made into a queen but it is ackward.

Found the pictures of the Golden (sister ship) of this cabin, here they are (full album). Pictures of bathroom shower included, and it is as Coral describes below:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/378283620Wcvptp

Here is the thumbnail of the beds in queen setup and the blocked passageway

378288212KZkFDx_th.jpg

The cabin was designed as a handicapped cabin but was never marked as so. So yes, the shower area is larger, the balcony is larger, etc. . . in order to accomadate a wheelchair. The room has a strange setup and the beds can be made into a queen but it is ackward.
I see what you mean. "Interesting" layout.

Archived