dress code

LOGHL

Chelonia,

While the RSSC website states

"Casual wear includes open neck shirts, slacks and sport outfits. For informal evenings, dresses or pantsuits, coats and ties are suggested. Formal evening-wear is gowns and cocktail dresses, tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits."

my experience is somewhat different.

I've seen many men wearing blazers (and a number wearing ties) on casual nights, and many women dressing as Regent suggests for informal on both casual AND informal nights. Nary a "sports outfit" in sight (what is that, anyway?).

By way of contrast, I was surprised by how casual "casual" was on the Ryndam last year. Also surprised by how glittery "formal" was.

Did that just muddy the waters?

Cerinda

event.png

Chelonia, I think what you said sounds about right, as a guideline. What Cerinda is hinting at is that there's lots of latitude for interpretion, and this varies from cruise to cruise. And you can't really overdress. I think the accent for "casual" on Regent is on "elegant casual", no jeans in sight, at least at dinner. And formal doesn't necessarily mean a tuxedo or glittery gown, but can, if you like.

• 2 months later...

My question on this same subject...... We have cruised several times with RSSC/regent and always enjoyed the formal nights. We are taking a Carribean cruise this time and I still cannot seem to figure out if there ARE formal nights or if there are not formal nights (officially) but the guests still do the traditional thing on their own. Any comments will help. Thanx Fizzy

Fizzy - Usually if you go onto RSSC.com, then scroll to your date and click, when the itinerary page comes up on the right hand side, it will list the dress code for each evening. Now, 2008 cruises do not have that listed yet, but it will be there in plenty of time for you to plan.

thank you Ridolphi---- I think I was more curious if people were dressing traditionally formal despite the CCC stuff. I thought that it might be the case on a Carribean sailing but we do enjoy dressing up anyway!

On our March 13 Mariner 10 night cruise there was one Formal might and I would say that most men were in dark suits and the rest were in a Tux. On the three nights of informal nights , I can not recall seeing any men without a Jacket and maybe twenty five percent wore ties. On casual nights all were well dressed and no one wore jeans. I can't imagine that happening or that you would have been allowed into the restaurants..

Archived