60 days out - Cabin availability

redrobin

Cabin availability was limited on an upcoming cruise, but at the 60 day out point several suites, mini-suites... showed up as now being available. Just curious, what triggered that? Is is groups or travel agencies holding cabins that release them,... Thanks!

Cabin availability was limited on an upcoming cruise, but at the 60 day out point several suites, mini-suites... showed up as now being available. Just curious, what triggered that? Is is groups or travel agencies holding cabins that release them,... Thanks!
I believe the primary trigger is final payment. TAs do hold cabins but release them before final payment. Also, people cancel cruises when final payment is due. Happens all the time.

Yup, that's exactly what happens. And you may have some clients that want to avoid further penalties that have to cancel as well.

Thanks for the information, I didn't know that. At first I thought Princess had been upgrading people to other cabins, but when I saw several suites and mini-suites, I figured it was something else. It was just dumb luck on my part. I was looking at cabins and had found two I liked, but they weren't quite what I wanted. I went to book them the following day, saw the additional cabins, and grabbed exactly what I was looking for. The following day, everything was gone again.

Archived