Question regarding booking excursions through Cruise Personalizer

sppunk

I'm sure this is a really dumb question ( :) ), but I'm a bit confused and want to make sure I'm doing the correct thing.

My wife and I have separate last names (she never switched hers), so when booking an excursion should we both select "1" adults, or could I go into mine and select "2" and have that cover us both?

I have never booked through the Cruise Personalizer before. If it matters it's for the 12 Metre Challenge in St. Martin.

Thanks!

Our excursion tickets usually have our names printed on them. For me, if we had two seperate last names, I would reserve one for each under our names. But honestly, I don't think it would matter that much if one of us booked two under our particular name.

I have never seen our names printed on the excursion tickets. Perhaps on the envelope they were in, but not on the tickets themselves.

To the OP, you can order as many tickets as you wish for an excursion otherwise it would limit the order to 1 per person. They will be billed to your on-board account.

Cheers,

Peter

My hubby and I have different last names. I always book 2 tickets under my name and then we pay one bill together for any charges under my name and under his name. When we boarded the ship last time they asked which credit card to charge the ship accounts to and my husband used his card for both my charges and his. Pretty simple!

As the others have said, as long as the same credit card (and onboard account) is paying for the tickets, you can order as many as you want. Once, I booked 4 tickets for an excursion, knowing that my brother-in-law and nephew were joining us. My BIL paid me back. Another time, I booked a 4WD tour in Cozumel where one person books the car. We shared the 4WD with another couple, who paid me back their share. I have never, ever had any tour operator look at the tickets other than to make sure they were for the right tour.

I have never seen our names printed on the excursion tickets. Perhaps on the envelope they were in, but not on the tickets themselves.

To the OP, you can order as many tickets as you wish for an excursion otherwise it would limit the order to 1 per person. They will be billed to your on-board account.

Cheers,

Peter

Now that is very strange. Ours ALWAYS have our name printed right on the excursion ticket, not just on the envelope they come in. Hummmmmmm! Interesting.

I'm sure this is a really dumb question ( :) ), but I'm a bit confused and want to make sure I'm doing the correct thing.

My wife and I have separate last names (she never switched hers), so when booking an excursion should we both select "1" adults, or could I go into mine and select "2" and have that cover us both?

I have never booked through the Cruise Personalizer before. If it matters it's for the 12 Metre Challenge in St. Martin.

Thanks!

My travel agent suggests that however the excursions are ordered they be done at the same time or you could be separated from your party if the excursions have multiple busses/boats whatever. For my family we do a complete excursion on one account so for day 1 I'll order 3 tickets, then my husband will order 3 tickets for day2 etc. I don't have any recollection for whether the names were on the tickets, just that I had envelopes with the appropriate tickets when all was said and done.

As long as you are buying tickets for the same excursion I have never seen them be for a particular transport. If you have a group, then you go as the group and get on the same bus/taxi/boat/rickshaw etc. :D

Cheers,

Peter

Now that is very strange. Ours ALWAYS have our name printed right on the excursion ticket, not just on the envelope they come in. Hummmmmmm! Interesting.

Now that I think about it, I think they may have had my name on them, but I think probably has more to do with the account that purchased them as opposed to the person going on the tour. I don't think I was ever asked my name, just given them the tickets.

Cheers,

Peter

Archived