Looking for a pre-cruise hotel, San Juan

seabreeze0389

The Wyndham is a very nicee hotel; probably one of the better ones on the Candado. As such, it is higher than the average hotel there. I have been bidding on pricleine for precruise in January but made a cancellable reservation with Comfort Inn (Condado district) for about $130 including taxes. It is next to the Holiday Inn Express. For places to go, we like the local cafes in Old San Juan. It is an easy cab ride from the Condado as long as it is not rush hour (rush hour here is as bad as NYC). I don't really remember the local restauraunt names....

I take it then the Wyndham is $$$. I will continue my search. I think we are as excited about being in San Juan as we are about cruising.

Leslie

The Wyndham is a very nicee hotel; probably one of the better ones on the Candado. As such, it is higher than the average hotel there. I have been bidding on pricleine for precruise in January but made a cancellable reservation with Comfort Inn (Condado district) for about $130 including taxes. It is next to the Holiday Inn Express. For places to go, we like the local cafes in Old San Juan. It is an easy cab ride from the Condado as long as it is not rush hour (rush hour here is as bad as NYC). I don't really remember the local restauraunt names....

Would you recommend the Comfort Inn over the Holiday Inn Express? We too are sailing in Jan. and looking for just one night pre-cruise. Haven't tried PriceLine yet.

Can anyone tell me what time you can embark the ship? Says the ship gets in at 7 am for our cruise, so I am assuming we can embark around normal time (noon) and then leave the ship and tour San Juan since the ship doesn't leave until 11 pm. Sound right????

Would you recommend the Comfort Inn over the Holiday Inn Express? We too are sailing in Jan. and looking for just one night pre-cruise. Haven't tried PriceLine yet.

Can anyone tell me what time you can embark the ship? Says the ship gets in at 7 am for our cruise, so I am assuming we can embark around normal time (noon) and then leave the ship and tour San Juan since the ship doesn't leave until 11 pm. Sound right????

I have stayed at both Comfort Inn and Holiday Inn Express and they are pretty much the the same. We chose Comfort Inn this time because it was less expensive. They are both safe, adequate hotels. Well see if we can get something 'resort' on priceline for the same price.

I don't know about checking on the ship and then going ashore. Seems to make sense. We are usually too anxious to see the ship to leave...

As we are staying at the Comfort Inn, I am glad to hear the good comments.

Yes, you can get off the ship and tour . . . one issue is what time you can get to your stateroom to drop your carry ons - the other is when must you board.

Hello princess8,

I saw your question posted and thought I'd let you know that just today I went ahead and booked this hotel for our pre-cruise stay.

Yesterday I simply clicked the "Search This Forum" button and typed "Marriott" and ended up with a nice list to read thru. You'll have to wade thru numerous bidding discussions, not sure if you're doing that, but throughout you are able to find a lot of "thumbs up" from those who've stayed here.

I was able to determine that it is a clean, nice and well located near restaurants and even a Walgreens. Also good food on premises if you prefer. We stay at Marriott properties frequently and this is a Cat6 so it should be just perfect.

Good luck with your reservation.

Michele

• 1 month later...

Archived