Safe place to stash a carry-on upon embarkation?

Hi,

When checking-in early (noon) on Mariner, is there a secure place we can store a couple of daypacks (one with a laptop in it) so that we can lunch and explore the ship without having to drag them around? (We are shipping our suitcases to the ship, so we won't see those until our cabin is available.)

Thanks,

Rag

You can place them in your cabin (any, even the lowest level cabin!) even before it is ready for you. Don't worry about it, if no one offers to accompany you with your carryons, then just get a deck plan map and drop them off in your cabin yourself. It is standard procedure, never fear.

We use the safe to accomodate cash, credit cards, travel documents and other small valuables. However, even if there were no safe, we would feel that our property is secure in our suite on any RSSC ship. I really doubt that anyone would steal your laptop.

Thanks all for the info.

If it were my own laptop I wouldn't worry, but this one belongs to my employer and has a lot of confidential data on it. I have it password protected, etc., and everything is backed-up. Unfortunately, I have to take it with me because I have several projects in motion that I have to manage while on the cruise :mad: Someday I'll be able to escape work entirely for 10 days in a row... (like when I retire in three years at the ripe old age of 55 :D)

Thanks all for the info.

If it were my own laptop I wouldn't worry, but this one belongs to my employer and has a lot of confidential data on it. I have it password protected, etc., and everything is backed-up. Unfortunately, I have to take it with me because I have several projects in motion that I have to manage while on the cruise :mad: Someday I'll be able to escape work entirely for 10 days in a row... (like when I retire in three years at the ripe old age of 55 :D)

Thanks all for the info.

If you're quiet about it, you can usually go to your suite and stick the carry on stuff in the closet and then explore. Have your nametag on it so if the stewardess sees is she knows it's yours and not something left behind.

Archived