Scrapbook Cruises?

spfar

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Carole,

The first link didn't work, but the second one did. I crop monthly with a group and we've been talking about going on a scrapbook cruise together. DH and I have cruised several times, but he'd have no interest in a scrapbook cruise, it would have to be girls only.

Your store's website is great! That would be my ideal job!

I probably couldn't get any friends to do it and I can't afford a single cabin by myself. If I found someone willing to room with me, I would definitely consider doing a scrapbooking cruise.

I can just see me now showing up at the airport with my scrapbooking supplies and suitcase. Of course, I would have more supplies than suitcase stuff.

I'll have to think about such a cruise for late 2005 or early 2006.

Pam

both big magazines--memory makers and CK--have cruises I didn't check too closely on dates etc. since i can't go--I'd love to go, but I only get so much vacation time per year & i don't think DH would be willing to sacrifice for the cause (of getting some albums done!) Besides, i'd go crazy with the decisions--this class or that excursion or that class or...

I've been to one Memory Makers weekend thing, it was pretty great. I have fabulous pages to show for it and it was so cool to meet these women whose work i've long admired in the magazine. Plus, it was in houston, so i didn't have to travel. I can't imagine what security would do if i showed up with my exacto knife, paper cutter, and dozens of scissors in my suitcase.

Rachel,

There are several different "scrapbook" cruises, not all of them through the magazines. I'm going with 2 friends on one that leaves out of Galveston on 10/3. Not only is it for croppers, it's a "Cruise for the Cure" & part of the money goes to breast cancer research.

We're very excited-we just got a schedule of events & we're going to have 24 hr crop room, make n takes, classes, contests etc! Wish you could join us!

Do you go to crops? If so, which LSS to you like to shop at?

Also, forgot to mention-I didn't go to Camp Memory Makers, but I did go to lunch in the Woodlands with some other ladies I met on a scrapbook message board. Most were going to the "camp", but others were like me-just meeting fellow croppers.

• 2 months later...

I will be going on the western Caribbean cruise on November 7th (Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas) with a scrapping group that is organized through Creating Keepsakes University. They've posted some of the classes for the cruise on the CKU website. I am interested to see how I will handle 6 full days of shore excursions and scrapbooking! Ahh - traveling and scrapbooking - two of my favorite things!

• 2 weeks later...
Rachel' date='

There are several different "scrapbook" cruises, not all of them through the magazines. I'm going with 2 friends on one that leaves out of Galveston on 10/3. Not only is it for croppers, it's a "Cruise for the Cure" & part of the money goes to breast cancer research.

We're very excited-we just got a schedule of events & we're going to have 24 hr crop room, make n takes, classes, contests etc! Wish you could join us!

Do you go to crops? If so, which LSS to you like to shop at?

Also, forgot to mention-I didn't go to Camp Memory Makers, but I did go to lunch in the Woodlands with some other ladies I met on a scrapbook message board. Most were going to the "camp", but others were like me-just meeting fellow croppers.[/quote']

I am new o the area and would love to meet up with some ladies to scrap. I am a consultant for Creative Memmories but do not sell. I joined for the kit for myself. I can't wait to come back from my cruise and make a new album of my 30th birthday. Any help would be great. Any links would also be great. I am from Ohio and need to learn new things here in Texas...

Again, Thanks!!!!

factor

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me how the prices work for a scrapbook cruise. I know they have to add money on for the workshops to pay for supplies, teachers and maybe the room, but it seems high to me.

I saw a scrapbook cruise to the Bahamas for $658 for a superior oceanview room and checked on an online company and saw it for $406. Isn't that a lot add for a 3 night cruise??

• 2 weeks later...

I am booked on the Rhapsody for the 10/2 cruise. I saw that this was a scrapbook cruise so I inquired about switching my reservation to join the party. I was informed that it would be $125 extra per person for me to join. That would be fine if all members of my party were to scrapbook also but since I am cruising with my husband and two kids I found that to be too expensive for me. It doesn't make sense to me that I pay $125 for them but was told that you have to pay for all persons on the reservation whether they participate or not. I am dissapointed but am not willing to pay $500 extra to join.

• 6 months later...

Anyone have informatin on scrapbook/cropping cruise for 2007 I would really like to go on one Anyone who has been on a scrapbooking cruise how did you bring everything to crop and to cruise ? or I was thinking of just skipping formal wear Any suggestions or insights ?

Two of my favorite past times cruising on the open seas & cropping sounds good

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just been contacted by scrapmap.com (they are the official travel agency for Creating Keepsakes) to teach on a scrapbooking cruise January 14, 2007 on the Carnival Liberty. This will be a 6 night cruise leaving from Fort Lauderdale. The classes will be during the two days at sea and the open crops will be at night. I only have preliminary information and can answer some easy questions :rolleyes:

More info to come!:D

Hello...

Just wanted you to know there is an Alaskan Scrapbooking cruise scheduled for July 6, 2007 round trip out of Seattle, WA. :D

If you want pricing and information just email me at gina@clearwire.net and I will email you a flyer. There is not an additional cost...just the cruise fare.:)

Gina Hoyt

I forgot to mention...

When the ship is in port there will not be any workshops in session. Workshops will be scheduled when we are out to sea. There will be make and takes, prizes and such.

Also, this is not just a scrapbooking cruise....it is a cruise that will offer scrapbooking workshops. So...for family members who are not scrapbookers there will be plenty of things to do.

FUN FOR ALL! :D

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Any scrapbooking groups cruising out of New Orleans? Scrapbooking is a big thing here in Ms and my friend in Tenn. says it is there too...well I am guessing is big all over really lol. I would love to go on one even if just information/get to know each other for tips type cruise. I have no idea how the changes with homeland security may have changed it for scrapbooking supplies. If any of you hear of one..please let me know :D

April 30 thry May 5 Carnival Ecstasy 5 night cruise from Galveston to Progreso and Cozumel. Free cropping and lots of fun. Take the classes of your choice and lots of make and take projects. Non scrapbookers or crafters welcome! Inside cabin $399.25 oceanview $459.25 per person INCLUDING all taxes and port charges. Average class cost $15. Call 800 810 8610 for more info. I'm going!:D :D :D :D

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to let you know that there are scrapbooking cruises out of Long Beach and Galveston scheduled at Scrapbooking At Sea. I am teaching on several of the cruises. We have lots of fun and get to combine scrapbooking with travel. What could be better.

anne

• 1 month later...

Hi All!!

Just wanted to let you know there is a Scrapbooking Cruise to Alaska June 21, 2008. Cruise roundtrip from Seatte.

If you would like more information...please email me at gina @ clearwire.net and I will forward a flyer to you.

• 1 month later...

The Scrapbook Diva Cruise through http://www.ScrapbookDiva.com.

I've been on two of these so far, and as soon as they announce the '08 dates I'm IN!

Not only is the ship, RCCL out of LA or San Diego, beautiful, our crop room is AMAZING! Walls of windows overlooking the water (other cruises stick you in a dark room below deck). You get your own table which can remain set up the ENTIRE WEEK! Most Scrapbooking Cruises make you pack your stuff every night or even earlier so they can use the room for other events...BOO! It's intimate--40 or so in our group. TONS of free stuff--I can's say enough about this cruise!!!

The Scrapbook Diva Cruise through www.ScrapbookDiva.com.

I've been on two of these so far, and as soon as they announce the '08 dates I'm IN!

Not only is the ship, RCCL out of LA or San Diego, beautiful, our crop room is AMAZING! Walls of windows overlooking the water (other cruises stick you in a dark room below deck). You get your own table which can remain set up the ENTIRE WEEK! Most Scrapbooking Cruises make you pack your stuff every night or even earlier so they can use the room for other events...BOO! It's intimate--40 or so in our group. TONS of free stuff--I can's say enough about this cruise!!!

The Alaska Scrapbooking Cruise for 2008 is on the Norwegian Star...roundtrip from Seattle, WA. The crop rooms are designated for the scrapbook cruise for the entire sailing....24 hrs a day for 7 days. Didn't want to have to pack things up at the end of a day... :D

Comfort, relaxation, incredible scenery, great food, new friends, LOTS of time to scrap/crop/stamp and FUN...thats what I'm are looking for!

I was on RCCL Mexico cruise this last spring...there was a cropping cruise going on...but I didn't attend. I was with 6 children...my brothers 4 and my 2...they kept me very busy! But we all had a great time! Can't wait for Alaska in June 2008.

Carnival Conquest Feb. 17 Western Caribbean cruise from Galveston Texas. Inside cabins start at $340, Ocean view $440 and Balcony $590, tax and port $202.56 per person. Crafting and scrapbook classes offered and average $15 to $25 per class. Call 800 810 8610 for more information. :D :D :D

Archived