Scrapbook Cruises?

spfar

• 2 weeks later...

There is a scrapbooking cruise headed for Alaska on June 27, 2008 for 7 nights with Royal Caribbean, roundtrip from Seattle. It sounds really great! The prices are really good and if booked by Sept 22, 2007 you get $100 off per cabin!! It only costs an additional $60 for the scrapbooking portion of the cruise. That includes two four hour classes and all the supplies. What a deal!! That is like getting all the stuff for free and paying almost nothing for the teaching portion!

If anyone is interested, call my travel agent, Terry, at 719-531-0540. She is the one setting this up.

As I mentioned earlier there's a really good one to Alaska next August 22 on Celebrity with Donna Downey!! Also Jen Starr, so there will be some fantastic classes!!! Plus Alaska and the Celebrity ship. I've been on Celebrity and they are by far the most beautiful ships, very classy.

Donna has it on her blog now, so I'm signed up! The link is www.craftingcruises.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I saw this link and thought maybe you all could help me. My family and I have been on a bunch of cruises and a little over a year ago I had some ideas for scrapbook pieces and I started an Ebay business. Maybe it's the economy or something but it's so slow. My stuff just gets lost in the crowd. We just got off Freedom of the Seas and I was going to ask the scrapbook teacher but I totally chickened out. Do you know if it's okay to go and bring business cards to those classes? I would love to hear your suggestions and I would so appreciate any help. Thanks everyone. We're going on an alone cruise in January and can't wait. I wish I could just go on a cruise by myself and bring my scrapbook stuff, I haven't had time to scrapbook anything with this Ebay thing. I went over to Costco right after our last cruise and just printed everything and bought a photo album, I feel awful about that :) But I get to look at the pictures everyday instead of where my other ones are, in a box somewhere. Gotta get some sleep, hope to hear from you :)

Gina

• 4 weeks later...

I went to CKC this year and it was wonderful! My new DH "built" me a scrapbook craft area... now I just have to get the 10 or so scrapbooks done.. doing a family heritage one for son's 40th b'day..

There are some cruises out of Tampa and other eastern ports.. DH will read and a good book and I will scrap.. If you ever have a chance to take Jessica Sprague's "All About Me" workshop... do it! Although I think that is only at CKC and CKU... IMHO these are so worth the money

Be careful though ladies about posting business information or agencies that are having these cruises on the CC boards.. I've found that if you just "GOOGLE"

"Scrapbook cruise" or "scrapbooking cruise" in quotes you find most of them .... :::hint hint::: :rolleyes: ;)

hmm.. maybe we should have a "ladies who scrap" Cruise Critic Group Cruise... our own crop room.. some goodies I know I could get from Heidi Swapp and some other vendors..... what would be a good port.. midway for east and west.. maybe New Orleans????

I went to CKC this year and it was wonderful! My new DH "built" me a scrapbook craft area... now I just have to get the 10 or so scrapbooks done.. doing a family heritage one for son's 40th b'day..

There are some cruises out of Tampa and other eastern ports.. DH will read and a good book and I will scrap.. If you ever have a chance to take Jessica Sprague's "All About Me" workshop... do it! Although I think that is only at CKC and CKU... IMHO these are so worth the money

Be careful though ladies about posting business information or agencies that are having these cruises on the CC boards.. I've found that if you just "GOOGLE"

"Scrapbook cruise" or "scrapbooking cruise" in quotes you find most of them .... :::hint hint::: :rolleyes: ;)

hmm.. maybe we should have a "ladies who scrap" Cruise Critic Group Cruise... our own crop room.. some goodies I know I could get from Heidi Swapp and some other vendors..... what would be a good port.. midway for east and west.. maybe New Orleans????

YES - Our own group

YES - New Orleans!

• 1 month later...

I need to figure out where to put this that more people will see it:confused: ... taking 11 days off over holiday to redo a lot of the house including an entire scrapbook room:eek: :D :D ... the "before" and "after" of DH's study will be so much fun...

I'm teaching a class at a scrapbook convention on journaling your summer vacation and will see if I can drum up some interest there!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I decided to go on the Nov '08 Hawaii cruise with Scrap Map. Can I say their name or is it against the rules? There are earlier posts with company names that have not been erased so I am confused what we can post and what we can't.

• 2 months later...

There are several scrapbook cruises 'out there' for next year and this fall with pricing that really isn't that much higher than for 'non-scrappers'.. DH and I checked one out. I think it depends on length of cruise, cruise line etc.. Obviously Hawaii is going to be much more expensive than a 5-nighter.. you just have to look around and go w/ a company you trust.. there's a store in SC that sponsors some and I plan to visit them while at the beach to check them out.. and will probably do one. I go to CKC Conventions every year bec. we have little scrapping in this area and don't mind spending 400-500 for classes and shopping so spending that much more and getting a cruise too????? ah no brainer here~:)

• 3 weeks later...
I decided to go on the Nov '08 Hawaii cruise with Scrap Map. Can I say their name or is it against the rules? There are earlier posts with company names that have not been erased so I am confused what we can post and what we can't.

They only got six people to sign up so they are cancelling their classes and organized activities. :( I am traveling solo and was looking forward to meeting and hanging out with others that love scrapbooking. I'm still going on the cruise though! Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe they didn't do enough promotion of the trip.

I need to figure out where to put this that more people will see it:confused: ... taking 11 days off over holiday to redo a lot of the house including an entire scrapbook room:eek: :D :D ... the "before" and "after" of DH's study will be so much fun...

I'm teaching a class at a scrapbook convention on journaling your summer vacation and will see if I can drum up some interest there!

Hi Caroline - Did you get a Cruise Critic scrapbbok cruise set up? I am interested in learning more about it.

• 4 weeks later...
They only got six people to sign up so they are cancelling their classes and organized activities. :( I am traveling solo and was looking forward to meeting and hanging out with others that love scrapbooking. I'm still going on the cruise though! Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe they didn't do enough promotion of the trip.

You'll still have a great time, maybe even meet someone on the ship!!

Boy that was a small amount of people sign up for it. Maybe it's because there are a ton of scrapbook cruises out there. Plus I've read on other forums about that company and I think they may have some problems, they aren't licensed from what I read!

Acc. to CD on our last cruise Carnival is going to begin offering scrapbook workshops on their cruises.. he gave me name of person to contact in Florida about going on board to lead workshops but have not done it yet.. will post here if I hear anything...

IMHO as a former TA and someone who's been around travel industry for a while the Hawaii thing was way way too ambitious... if you are going to do a cruise that is themed like that you need to do 7 nights or less (IMHO) and make it affordable and from a port with easy air and driving acess esp. in this economy. Hawaii's an expensive trip in its own right and if I had to choose bet. scrapping on a Hawaii cruise or going to CKC Convention (yeah! just 3 weeks to go) I would take CKC over it even though some classes are pricey (not to me but others think so).. dep. on where you live you should look into these "conventions".. great fun, cropping, classes etc... www. creatingkeepsakes. com... and a fun scrap MB too. I'm doing swaps all the time even with a lady regularly in the Netherlands!

Archived