visa's for Asian countries on Princess

mindyme

Hi

Looking for help. I read on previous threads that in Vietnam you can get a visa on the ship for about $10. Does that apply to all nationalaties?

Do Americans need visa's for Taipei or Japan? We are South African and we need for Taipei, Japan, China & Vietnam. Each embassy requires 2 pages in your passport and I only have 9 pages left so will be applying for a new passport.

When you get your pre-cruise information from Princess it will have all your visa information. I went on a princess cruise to Asia in November. I needed to obtain a double entry visa for china. For Japan and Vietnam non was needed or it was done automatically on the ship.

Since you can't apply for your visa until your ready to go...wait for your paperwork. I used the visa service princess recommneded and was very happy with them

Hi

Looking for help. I read on previous threads that in Vietnam you can get a visa on the ship for about $10. Does that apply to all nationalaties?

Do Americans need visa's for Taipei or Japan? We are South African and we need for Taipei, Japan, China & Vietnam. Each embassy requires 2 pages in your passport and I only have 9 pages left so will be applying for a new passport.

This is where a good TA is important. Since you are from South Africa, you should check with your local TA who has experience with people traveling to Asia. Princess does include VISA information for passengers but I don't know if they include it for every nationality. I would hope so but I wouldn't depend on it.

i went back through the info that Princess sent us for our SE Asia cruise and no place was nationality mentioned. I would seriously recommend either checking with a TA, checking with a service on line as the rules can be quite different for each country or check with the country's embassy in your area. Princess issued the VISA for Vietnam and charged the on board account, but we wnet through the SF embassy for our China VISA.

Charlie

thanks for all the replies.

I had got all the info from my local TA but a visa for Vietnam is about $70. If I can get one on the ship for $10 - a big saving!

Does anyone know what Princess email address is so I can ask them about all nationalities?

Thanks

The adress is posted on the princess web site. (Since it may be different in south Africa I'll let you look it up)

You are in for an amazing treat with this trip. It really was a "trip of a life time" for me. Let me know if you have any questions (Charlie's post on the Asia board gives tons of wonderful advise)

thanks for all the replies.

I had got all the info from my local TA but a visa for Vietnam is about $70. If I can get one on the ship for $10 - a big saving!

Does anyone know what Princess email address is so I can ask them about all nationalities?

Thanks

The Vietnam VISA was $6.00/PP (last year) charged to our shipboard account. However, you stated that you need Visa's for Taipei and Japan; Americans do not. You also need to find out whether the $70 is for an entry VISA or an intransit VISA. Most times prices are much less if you're just cruising in rather than flying in. (not Brazil; we won't discuss them)

Arlene

Thanks all for the prompt replies.

For Taiwan we need a visa but it costs nothing. Spoke to Japanese embassy and we need a transit visa. Just worried that for Vietnam we (South African citizens) might need a different visa than what the ship is offfering. Would hate to get to Vietnam and not be able to get off!! I spoke to Vietnamese embassy and we need a transit visa but she could not say if we could get it on the ship.

Does anyone have an email address for princess or otherwise a phone no. dialling from outside USA.

Thanks

Maxine

The adress is posted on the princess web site. (Since it may be different in south Africa I'll let you look it up)

You are in for an amazing treat with this trip. It really was a "trip of a life time" for me. Let me know if you have any questions (Charlie's post on the Asia board gives tons of wonderful advise)

Which ship is this? I am so interested in a cruise thru Asia for myself and my daughter, but there's so much info out there my head just spins!!! What ship did you go on?

Archived