Why !!!!

Ziggy7

only 2 to 3 weeks?? I wish I were that organised!! I have stuff everywhere and we dont leave for 4 weeks :)

And Ziggy....don't you just hate the waiting game??

Yes !!!! I thought 3 months was a long wait, but I swear these last 2 weeks are going soooooo slow !!!

hehehehe :)

Scientists have done experiments with two people booked on cruises one week apart. The first one leaves on his 7 day cruise. When he returns after his one week cruise the second person is only one day closer to his 7 day cruise. It's part of Einstein's theory of cruise relativity.:D

A seperate postulate is that the person returning from the 7 day cruise returns 14 days heavier.

It takes me 2 - 3 evenings to pack ( including laundry ) for three of us. (two bags)

However I hate to unpack and usually I only start unpacking on 3rd/4th day after return.

Waiting is killing ... I have 3.5 weeks left and I am dying here, also after this cruise my next is only next April :( , so I guess I am lucky this time , as I booked in June!

It's seven weekd pre-cruise for me ... and I agree that the time seems to be most leisurely in its pace. ;) Seven days does pass quickly. Since we've been on longer cruises, seven days seems hardly long enough any more. :rolleyes:

May I suggest to you "scattered packers" that you develop a packing list? It really makes things so much easier, IMO. I do mine about 2 months out, then looking at/tweaking it occasionally as time gets nearer. When time comes to put things in the luggage, I go right to the closet and pull the items I need. No decisions left at that point. Just pack it and go! I've never forgotten anything, either, by using a list. CruiseDiva has some great packing lists to use as a foundation.

The anticipation leading to a cruise can be almost as exciting as the cruise itself. Organizing, planning, packing, checking your rates, upgrading at the last minute, ordering in cabin stuff and shore excursions. I'll tell ya it sure makes my day at work go a little faster...

Anticipating until August 14....

Theory! Don't you just hate it. 2 weeks = 2 months waiting 1 Week voyage = 3 days. Math is a very hard subject to master. Where's my old math Teacher/Prof when I need him. He was good at this.

T = 2 weeks => 7 days - (feelings) => wait time => voyage => PCD (Post Cruise Depression) = New Booking.

There are several ways to think about the long wait prior to a cruise. One way I deal with the long, slow wait is to calculate it in terms of cruise lengths. If I'm going on a 10 day cruise, then at 30 days out I like to think of it as being only 3 cruise durations away. :) Given how fast a cruise passes, that makes the remaining wait sound much less, doesn't it?

I'm currently 59 days and a few hours out from my 21 Day Panama Canal cruise. Using my cruise duration factor, I'm only 2.8 cruise lengths away from boarding the Zaandam! Yippie!

Another way I look at the time prior to a cruise is to calculate it in terms of Sundays: in other words, how many more times do I have to prepare sermons for preaching before I can board the Zaandam? Well, as of right now I only have 8 sermons left to prepare and preach ... and one of them is mostly completed and ready for preaching already. 8 sermons sure sounds a whole heck of a lot better than the 53 sermons I was facing when I first booked this cruise almost a year ago.

No matter how one slices it, however, the days and weeks prior to a cruise DO, indeed, drag. They drag horribly. Right now my days are slipping by quickly as I have a lot of things to do to keep m busy from week to week. However, I know for a fact that, once I cross Sept 1st I will start experiencing time dilation ... they days will start to slow down and those last 24 days will crawl past so slowly that it will start to feel as though I'll never get to embarkation day.

Then, once I step aboard the Zaandam, time dilation will be canceled and the days will zip by so quickly that, before I know it, it'll be time to disembark. That never fails.

Neither does it fail that I disembark more massive than when I embarked ... :) ... the law of "mass increase" on cruises cannot be avoided. So ... be WARNED! :D

Oddly enough, time is not going as slowly this time. Possible reasons:

(1) We have 2 fun weekend trips planned before cruise time in 7 weeks. :D

(2) I'm going to start and almost complete a new evening class before then. :cool:

(3) I bought a couple of Eyewitness Travel Guides of Rome and Greece (with lots of interesting history and pictures) months ago, and recently realized that I'd better get busy if I'm going to read them in time. Maybe I'd be better prepared if I read the Aeneid and a few Greek tragedies, too. :eek:

(4) We recently discovered that they have Bingo on shore. :rolleyes:

LoL this cruise we're about to leave on has been in the works since late November 03.....and we're almost outa here....hehe they keep me busy at work so it's shorter to count the workdays until we start the vacation (13 work days to go). As it is, we still have to wait around Athens for 10 days before boarding. But that will fly by too!

:D

About 1 week before we leave on a cruise, I run off 2 different lists. One is for our carry-on bags - medicines have to be refilled, etc.

The second list is for the suitcases. I have a list of what is to go into each suitcase. About 3 days before we are to leave for the airport, the initial packing begins. Out come the plastic bags and in goes the clothes.

I have computer lists for Caribbean cruises and cold weather cruises like Alaska.

:D

Archived