Johnny Rockets

jandjfun

Oh, OK. That's a pretty good price for a good burger. It IS good isn't it? Thanks for the 411.

Depends on who you ask. We have JRs all over L.A. and I won't eat there. And I thought the burgers were even worse on the ship than the original land based restaurants. Not a fan here. But many seem to love them.

We just got back last week from the AOS and ate at Johnny Rockets once paid the cover charge (pp) and it really was worth it. The Burgers were HUGE! The Oreo Sundae was yummy! and the rings and fries were dee-lish!

Great service also.

Wish we'd gone more than once.

we went to JR on the Sovereign just a few weeks ago It was the worst

we had to seat ourselves the waiter never came over we had to ask for someone and then when we got a waiter he was new and knew NOTHING

our order was wrong and the food was not that great when we did finally get it

don't think we will do that again:mad:

I always seem to find the service at Johnny Rockets a little slow, but I think the burgers are great. The onion rings are fantastic and should not be missed. I usualy get a bowl of the onion rings, a Rocket Double and the apple pie a la mode. I skip the fries in order to limit my fat intake :eek: .

If you like greasy fast food it's definitely worth the cover charge.

Just ate there on the Explorer a couple of weeks ago. I thought the food was great. The malts are great but I don't think they are worth the price they charge. Service was really good too. We couldn't eat the apple pie that he kept trying to get us to try. He said he would be there until closing time and to come back an look him up and have the pie later. If you are a C & A member, you get a coupon for the cover charge so you only pay for what you drink.

We ate there on the Mariner last week. I had the chicken sandwich which was really tasty. The onion rings are a must-have as well. That cover charge sits a little funny with me... I know it's a sign of the times, but I can't help but think back to my cruise on the Adventure in 2002 when Johnny Rocket's was still free...:(

That cover charge sits a little funny with me... I know it's a sign of the times, but I can't help but think back to my cruise on the Adventure in 2002 when Johnny Rocket's was still free...:(

The cover charge was implemented to keep down the crowds. When there was no charge Johnny Rockets became a hangout for kids who would sit in there for hours and no on else could get in. Even with the modest cover charge there can still be wait depending on when you go.

It is the cover charge PLUS the cost of the drink...milkshakes I think were at least $3..so for a family it does add up, but it was fun in a great atmosphere and we were glad we did it once! I like JR's here, but the burgers on board at JR's were too thick and a bit tasteless-it did not taste like JR's meat here on the burger on board the Mariner, but the rings, fries and shakes did!

We were told that the cover was to keep the crowds under control.

The cover charge was implemented to keep down the crowds. When there was no charge Johnny Rockets became a hangout for kids who would sit in there for hours and no on else could get in. Even with the modest cover charge there can still be wait depending on when you go.

That's a good point. We actually got one cover charge waived with the Crown & Anchor coupon. What I can't figure out is why they considered my wife a Gold Member and not me.... we've both been on two RCI sailings together now!! Her Sea Pass said "Gold" and mine said nothing, therefore we only received one coupon book in our cabin. Oh well. ;)

That's a good point. We actually got one cover charge waived with the Crown & Anchor coupon. What I can't figure out is why they considered my wife a Gold Member and not me.... we've both been on two RCI sailings together now!! Her Sea Pass said "Gold" and mine said nothing, therefore we only received one coupon book in our cabin. Oh well. ;)

Did you sign up for Crown & Anchor? If so, you should have a number and it has to be entered into your reservation so you get the coupon book. If you didn't sign up, do so now. If you did sign up, I would guess somehow it wasn't put into your reservation. I would call Crown & Anchor to find out what's going on so that you are set for your next cruise.

If you order food out - do you pay the cover charge???

Yes, you have to pay the cover charge on take-out too, and on take-out they limit what you can get.

Are the desserts free too or are they additional? One poster mentioned a sundae while another mentioned apple pie. Details... desserts are a favorite of mine! ;)

I know shakes and malts are extra, but maybe the pie is included. Not sure.

I suppose I'll have to go and find out for myself. :D Thanks for your answer.

You only pay for drinks. All food is included with the cover charge $3.95.

That includes desert. They only have the sundae and apple pie alamode.

I have never been to the land based restaurant but onboard ship they also have hotdogs, chicken sandwiches and chile. I think there were other things on the menu also. The onion rings are great..we always eat to many. Sooooo, there's never room for desert.

Archived