Pinnacle Grill Questions (Noordam or others)

ltjr

I will be on the 2/17 sailing of the Noordam with my partner and my family and made reservations for the Pinnacle Grill. I've read a number of reviews comparing it to the specialty restaurants on Celebrity's Millenium class vessels and hope we're not disappointed. Those were true dining experiences.

I have a few questions for anyone who has recently dined in the Pinnacle Grill:

1) Is the dress the dress of the evening on board or is it always "informal" with jackets suggested for men?

2) Other than wine/liquor, are there any charges in addition to the $30pp (e.g., side dishes, etc.)?

3) Is there a cheese cart/course as part of the meal?

Thanks in advance to any Pinnacle experts out there!

Whatever the dress code is for the ship, it is the same for the Pinnacle. So on casual nights you do not have to were jackets unless you wan to.

No charge for any of the extra side dishes. The Price includes, appetizers, salad, side dishes, dessert and of ccourse your entree. You can order as many side dishes and desserts as you want but only one entree for the $30.

It is a cheese plate -- usually only 4 pieces of cheese on it with some grapes.

1) Is the dress the dress of the evening on board or is it always "informal" with jackets suggested for men?

2) Other than wine/liquor, are there any charges in addition to the $30pp (e.g., side dishes, etc.)?

1) Most men wore suits and ties both times we tried it, and those were either informal or casual nights.

2) No

3) Not as I recall

You will first be given an amuse.

Starters:

Fragrant Chicken Thai Soup

Ultimate Northwest Clam Chowder

Vine Ripe Beef Stake Tomato Salad

Seasonal Greens

Dungeness Crab Cakes

Seared Duck Breast

Smoked Pleasures of the Sea

Entrees:

Filet Mignon

Bone-in Ribeye Steak

Porterhouse Steak

Lamb Rack Chops

King Salmon

Chciken Marsala

Cedar Planked Halibut with Alaskan King Crab

Cedar Planked Scampi

Grande Wild Mushroom Ravioli

Side Dishes:

Scalloped Potatoes

Creamed Spinach

Oversized Baked Potato

Lemon-Wheat Berry Basmati Rice

Sauteed Button Mushrooms

Grilled Asparagus with Bearnaise Sauce

Sweet Endings:

Not-so-classic Baked Alaska

Chocolate Volcano Cake

Lemon-Berry Angel Shortcake

Pinnacle Creme Brulee

Ice Creams

Sorbets

Fresh Fruit Plate

Assorment of Cheeses

I will be on the 2/17 sailing of the Noordam with my partner and my family and made reservations for the Pinnacle Grill. I've read a number of reviews comparing it to the specialty restaurants on Celebrity's Millenium class vessels and hope we're not disappointed. Those were true dining experiences.

It's much closer to Chops on RCL. Not as elaborate as the Celebrity Specialty and not as lengthy.

We dined there a couple of weeks ago and most people were in casual clothing. There was one table with jackets but most of the tables were just sport shirts and slacks.

No. They do offer neat wine flights where you get one ounce of four different wines and that was nice to try.

We were not offered cheese. I would have remembered because I am lactose intolerant and would have had to take lactase.

My DH always wears a jacket (with or without tie) to Pinnacle. He knows I like to dress nicely when we visit Pinnacle and he compliments me by wearing his blazer/jacket.

There is not a regular cheese course at Pinnacle.

It's a lovely meal and we have (almost) always enjoyed it.....we've dined in Pinnacle a number of times on many of the ships.

Enjoy.

Thanks for the replies! I'm really looking forward to the whole Noordam experience.

BTW, sorry for the blank post on this subject yesterday. I seemed to be having a lot of posting problems with the boards yesterday.

Archived