only one adult & one child

doones2

I can only comment on my own experience on RCI and Celebrity cruiselines - but in those two cases, the cabin price is based per person - and the first two persons in a cabin pay the most - the 3rd and 4th person pay a reduced fare - and none of this is based on age.

Not sure if it helps, but it's what I've run into thus far! :)

We are going on the NCL Sea on 9/11 - The whole family is going - In one room we have my daughter with my 2-1/2 year old grandaughter - we had to pay full price for my grandaughter since there are only 2 staying in the room. I'm pretty sure this is the same for all cruises and all cruise lines. Tell your son to take his girlfriend and then he can get a discount for his son as the 3rd person in the room - but he will pay full price for his girlfriend.

This might seem expensive but I'll throw it out anyway. Crystal cruises is offering children free on their Alaska cruises this summer. Dad would most likely have to pay the single supplement which is far more reasonable on Crystal than other lines. If, for example he had a C cabin which has a large picture window the single supplement would be, I believe, only 25%. Crystal has on board children activities people for the entire summer so there would be special programs just for him. There is also in-room baby sitting available.

Terry Anne

Im sure what Crystal wants for a fare for one person I could probably take a few cruises..granted its all inclusive but still.

Almost every cruiselines will charge him full rate for the child as a 2nd passenger. Shame granny cant go and then the child can get the 3rd rate.

Ther are cruises out there cheap- my son found one on the Facination for 199 per person for 5 days--that figure included port and taxes.

First of all, Crystal is not all inclusive. You pay for alcoholic drinks, and tips are also not included. Also, the kids cruise free is based on two full fare persons with kids staying in the same cabin, so that won't work with only one adult and one child cruising. Fares for all cruise lines are based on two full fare passengers, with the third and fourth paying a reduced fare. The only way to go around that is to find a cruise that's a two for one special. With those, two people pay the first person fare only. Those 2 for 1 deals, though are usually on the more expensive lines.

Archived