Free Refills/

lgfromdg

If I buy a soda card, can I use it to get multiple sodas at the same time? i.e to bring back to the room or for the kids at dinner.

I know I'll probably get yelled at for pointing this out, but the soda program is per person, not per family. You will get a sticker on your ship card. You are expected to use it for sodas/pop (whichever) for yourself, not for you and your kids.

I applaud you for not wanting your kids to have too much soda. In that case, perhaps you might want to purchase a single soda for them to split on at those times when you allow it.

IMO, it sets a bad example to abuse the package by using one sticker all week for the entire family. Yes, you can probably "get away" with it, but that doesn't make it right. (And please, nobody go on and on about how "cheap" it is for the cruise lines and how soda prices are a "ripoff." It's the same as at any resort or hotel. Would you expect to walk into a resort restaurant, order three sodas, but only pay for one because prices are "too high"?)

beachchick

I know I'll probably get yelled at for pointing this out, but the soda program is per person, not per family. You will get a sticker on your ship card. You are expected to use it for sodas/pop (whichever) for yourself, not for you and your kids.

I applaud you for not wanting your kids to have too much soda. In that case, perhaps you might want to purchase a single soda for them to split on at those times when you allow it.

IMO, it sets a bad example to abuse the package by using one sticker all week for the entire family. Yes, you can probably "get away" with it, but that doesn't make it right. (And please, nobody go on and on about how "cheap" it is for the cruise lines and how soda prices are a "ripoff." It's the same as at any resort or hotel. Would you expect to walk into a resort restaurant, order three sodas, but only pay for one because prices are "too high"?)

beachchick

You are right on....100% right on!

beachchick

I, for one, am not going to yell at you. In fact, I agree completely with what you said. The soda card is intended for use by one person, not to be shared by multiple users.

Do you have to pay for water? I assume you have to pay for the first bottle and then there are water refill sites around the ship...is this right?

How much is a can of pop? How much is a beer?

If you're talking about bottled water, there are no free refills unless you're willing to fill the bottle with tap water, which I consider perfectly drinkable.

A can of soda costs a total of approximately $2 (with the 15% gratuity automatically added).

Not sure about the cost of a beer.

Hey Guys,

We are from Illinois and we call it POP also. My question is: I know it is called a soda card, but what all is included in that? My boys who will be with us in March are 10 & 14 and they do not drink "POP" so included in that would they maybe have Gadorade, lemonaide etc. depending on if they have Coke or Pepsi products? Also, with their ages do we purchase a kids week soda card @ $16.00 and an adult one @ $36.00 or whatever the adult price is? Any other suggestions? THANKS!

First curise for us all this March!

:o

The Adult Refillable Soda Fountain Cup costs $5.75 a day x number of cruise days. The entire cruise must be purchased and it's non-refundable. It includes: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, and Soda Water. I'm sorry but I can't help you with the kids soda card. I'm not even sure if it exists.

Hey Guys,

We are from Illinois and we call it POP also. My question is: I know it is called a soda card, but what all is included in that? My boys who will be with us in March are 10 & 14 and they do not drink "POP" so included in that would they maybe have Gadorade, lemonaide etc. depending on if they have Coke or Pepsi products? Also, with their ages do we purchase a kids week soda card @ $16.00 and an adult one @ $36.00 or whatever the adult price is? Any other suggestions? THANKS!

First curise for us all this March!

:o

Kids program is 12 and under. There is a teen smoothie coupon booklet that my daughter loves.

Kid's Crew™ Program - Special Ocassion Gifts

Kid's Crew™ Backpack (12 years of age and under)* Pricing is subject to change without notice

3-day cruise package

Item #341-3 - $28.00

4-day cruise package

Item #341-4 - $33.00

7-day or more cruise package

Item #341-7 - $39.50

Kid's Crew™ Refillable Soda Fountain Cup (12 years of age and under)* Pricing is subject to change without notice

3-day cruise

Item # 342-3 - $8.00

4 and 5-day cruises

Item #342-4 - $10.00

7-day cruise

Item #342-7 - $16.00

10-day cruise

Item #342-8 - $22.00

14-day cruise

Item #342-14 - $32.00

Teen Passport Program (13 - 17 years of age)* Pricing is subject to change without notice

Item #343 - $34.50

• 20 non-alcoholic drinks, including non-alcoholic smoothie in a 12-14 oz. Glass
  • The teen and a guest are entitled to an afternoon dance party with the D.J., pizza and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks
  • The Teen will also receive an invitation to a "Farewell Frat Party" on the last evening of the cruise. Passports are not replaceable if lost.

Adult Refillable Soda Fountain Cup

* Pricing is subject to change without notice

Adult Soda Program.

Prepaid @ $5.75 per day per person x Cruise days

Unlimited Fountain Soda

The entire cruise must be purchased

Non-Refundable.

Includes:

Coke

D. Coke

Sprite

Ginger Ale

Tonic Water

Soda Water

Thanks, immargaret, for all that info. For some reason, the info about the Kid's Crew™ Refillable Soda Fountain Cup is not listed on the new web site. At least it's not listed under Bon Voyage Gifts, which is where the Adult Refillable Soda Fountain Cup info is listed. I know we've been saying it since the first day the new web site was rolled out, but NCL really needs to do something about it.

Thanks, immargaret, for all that info. For some reason, the info about the Kid's Crew™ Refillable Soda Fountain Cup is not listed on the new web site. At least it's not listed under Bon Voyage Gifts, which is where the Adult Refillable Soda Fountain Cup info is listed. I know we've been saying it since the first day the new web site was rolled out, but NCL really needs to do something about it.

I bookmarked this page, it seems to have answers to lots of the questions I keep seeing repeated here on the boards.

http://freestylecruising.com/more/index.htm

If I buy a teen passport, could it use it for soda as well??

My daughter has used the teen passport coupons for bottles of water and cans of soda without a problem.......but the smoothies are awsome. It's also good for non-alcoholic frozen drinks.....but you are limited to 20 drinks, and have to carry around the coupons.

My daughter and I always buy the soda card stickers. We bring a few bottles of water on board, empty with Crystal Light Rasberry Ice or Lemonade powder packages. Wylers also makes them cheaper at Walmart.

One small envelope per bottle of water and you are good for trip to the pool or excursion. The packets are small and fit into any purse/fanny pack. When added to cold water, they are great. We still drink soda most of the time, but this gives us variety.

Holg,

It almost killed me to use the words "soda card". I grew up in Chicago and we say "pop". If it marks me as a Midwesterner, there's worse things. I could be from New Jersey and want a "water ice".

hey I'm from Jersey and have never heard anyone ever say "water ice"...

Holg,

It almost killed me to use the words "soda card". I grew up in Chicago and we say "pop". If it marks me as a Midwesterner, there's worse things. I could be from New Jersey and want a "water ice".

I'm from New Jersey, what is a "water ice"?? :confused:

We are generally not soda drinkers. Based on the threads, I think I came to the conclusion that if I want to drink unsweetened iced tea, I do not need a soda card. I also read that I can bring a case of bottled water on board or spend about $4.50 a bottle (not included in soda card). Is fruit juice/punch/lemonade available on board for kids (other than breakfast)?

Does it still hold true that you can get a free cappuccino after dinner at the sit-down restarants? I read this on the board several months ago and wondered if anyone has had any recent experience with this?? We will be on the Sun 2/25.

I live in Southeast VA, and call it "coke" or "soda" even though I never actually drink Coke. My husband knows what I am talking about and I guess that is really all that matters since he gets me my drinks.

Amanda

Archived