Free Refills/

lgfromdg

I know that if I don't purchase the soda card, I will have to pay for a Coke at lunch/dinner in the restaurants. If I want more, do I have to pay for another or are there free refills?

Also, how do you purchase pop at the buffets? Do they offer pop or ice tea at breakfast?

I know that if I don't purchase the soda card, I will have to pay for a Coke at lunch/dinner in the restaurants. If I want more, do I have to pay for another or are there free refills?

Also, how do you purchase pop at the buffets? Do they offer pop or ice tea at breakfast?

If you don't have the soda card when you purchase soda they will give you a can. You pay for a second can if you want more.

At the buffet they have you use your room card and purchase a can of soda.

For breakfast there are free fruit juices, milk, coffee and hot tea. For lunch and dinner there are for free milk, coffee, hot and ice tea, but no fruit juices.

You can buy a soda at one of the lounge fountains with or without the soda card. I believe if you drink 4 sodas a day the soda card pays off. If that is too much you can easily bring soda aboard at any port.

We had ice tea at breakfast the first few mornings of our cruise last week. After that the staff hadn't turned the ice tea on so DH asked them to turn it on for us. They did, it wasn't hard as the concentrate was still in the machine just not turned on.

The ice tea is free.

Yes. I either bring a larger cup or buy one in the gift shop. The souvenir coke thermos NCL gives you when you buy the sticker for the room card, soda card, is not very large.

I have had two and three large cups I provide filled without any problems to bring back to the cabin. The room stewards do a great job refilling the ice bucket.

However, when using the card in a lounge or restaurant fountain area, you cannot use one soda card to buy a soda for another guest. Its for your consumption only.

ok, but if I'm in a restaurant with my kids, and I want a mixed drink. Can I still order a soda with the card and let them split it. I don't want my kids drinking gallons of soda evey day and would like to be the one in controll of when they get it. Do they offer soda in the kids club?

If I buy a soda card, can I use it to get multiple sodas at the same time? i.e to bring back to the room or for the kids at dinner.
I think I am confused; it depends on where you are purchasing the drinks. I do see your point as far as not wanting the kids to drink too many cokes. As for offering cokes in the kids club I don't think so, but someone else would be better at answering this than I. Probably the safest way would be to have 1 large container, have it filled, then return to the cabin and have smaller ones you can pour the big one in. Don says he has had more than one container filled at a time, we were with friends a few years ago and it wasn't allowed. NMnita

Raised in So Calif and I think we used both, but pop was more common.just remembered we actually referred to them as soft drinks more than anything.

Interesting. I lived in So. Cal until age 10 and I never remember hearing the term pop. Soda is what I called it.

:confused: I was raised in the Seattle, WA area and I say pop.

Teri

Born & raised in SW Washington. We always called it pop, BUT---after I went in the Army and spent over three years with those "right coast foreigners ;) " I started calling it soda as well. Now I use either/both terms.

-Monte

Archived