Just got back, Princess Cpt circle URGENT

papaglock

:oWe just returned from the Western Caribbean cruise on the Grand. It was one of the best cruises we have had with Princess.

The only REAL issue is a biggie. We are Platinum Members. Internet was free which is awesome having a business with 75 employees back at home. We were told that Princess is changing the only REAL value of being at the Platinum level. Starting in April, you will only get 150 minutes on a 7 day cruise.

It may not sound like a big deal but if you have cruised and needed to Internet for whatever reason, it adds up fast! Just a quick check of your email can easily be $10.

I would love for all Princess cruisers, regardless of level, email Princess and express your feelings about this cut. My wife and I really looked forward to making Platinum and the free Internet was a big reason. Now that we are there, they are going to cut this program back.

We spoke to a upper level manager on the ship and she was very irritated with Princess for doing this. There is no extra cost for usage for the satellite based Internet. I have installed these systems and once set up, whether 1 or 20 people use it, the cost is the same.

Please, email Princess and let them know how you feel about thins or they will continue to strip what few benefits are available for being a loyal repeat cruiser.

Thanks!!

Papa

Papa, This isn't new, it has been discussed forever on here. Many have already written letters to Princess telling of their dislike of these new rules. Nothing is going to help here.

Princess has changed it so you obtain Captain's Circel Status by number of cruises OR days now, which is adding many more to the list of those getting these perks onboard.

Also, too many either abusing their perk or trying to run a business (as you are) at Princess expense. Sorry, but that was not why they initially gave us all this perk.

Those who abuse the perk are part of the reason it is being limited.

Just think, you will now have a larger tax deduction for next year as when you start having to pay for the excess internet you can get a receipt for it. ;)

I think you also need to look at what other cruise lines are offering. Princess still gives the best internet perk afloat for repeat passengers, at least among the mainstream cruise lines. And as has previously been mentioned, if you MUST run a business during a cruise, those charges can be expensed back to you - I know if it was a necessity for me, and I ran up charges, that is exactly what I'd do.

Here is what Lyndabaker posted re: Princess's response

Received Response from Princess re: Reduction in Benefits

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sent a letter to Princess dated 1/16/07 regarding my displeasure with their reducing internet usage for Platinum/Elite. I received a response today. It was a full page and a half and basically said a lot of yada, yada, yada, reiterating what the new benefits are and how everyone should benefit from them. It was nicely written and for some reason referenced my last cruise which didn't have anything to do with the letter. Nothing new in the letter and basically took up a lot of space and said nothing. Didn't look like a form letter, but I'm sure most of the responses will be similar to mine.

Her thread is still on page one.

Having just returned from the Dawn Princess last Monday, DH and I inquired about the revised internet program while we were onboard. It is our understanding that the benefits apply to "Each Platinum Member" which means that a couple would have twice as many internet minutes: 300 minutes on a voyage of 7-day or less; 500 minutes on voyage of 8-20 days; 1000 minutes on voyages 21 or more days. At nearly 45 minutes per day for the two of us, this will be more than sufficient.

Chris

Princess' Captain's Circle Member Benefits

Complimentary Internet Packages

Each Platinum Member will receive a credit towards the purchase of a package in our Internet Cafés.

$75 for voyages of 7 days or less (equivalent to 150 minutes)

$100 for voyages of 8-20 days (equivalent to 250 minutes)

$200 for voyages of 21 or more days (equivalent to 500 minutes)

You can use your credit towards a larger package if necessary, or enjoy all those minutes - compliments of the Princess Captain's Circle!

(effective on voyages beginning on or after April 1, 2007)

Why must people like you feel they know everything? Did I say I was trying to run a business off of the ship?

I use 90% of my email time looking at port information I have heard about after getting on board. I also use it for medical purposes. For example, I was zip lining in Roatan and felt a pop in my calf. After seeing the on board doctor, I was able to do some research on my injury. After going straight to the hospital upon getting into the airport, the ER doc said had I not found out some added treatments that I was able tom apply, I could have had a life threatening complication.

So as for "people like me" abusing this perk, your way off base. It should be noted that no one mentioned any restrictions of any kind for this perk. So if there were no restriction of use, how can you deduce it is because of people like me that the perk is getting trimmed!!??

When the ships own management say they are irritated and embarrassed by this, I would have to say that it is obviously seen as unfair.

Papa

Papa, This isn't new, it has been discussed forever on here. Many have already written letters to Princess telling of their dislike of these new rules. Nothing is going to help here.

Princess has changed it so you obtain Captain's Circel Status by number of cruises OR days now, which is adding many more to the list of those getting these perks onboard.

Also, too many either abusing their perk or trying to run a business (as you are) at Princess expense. Sorry, but that was not why they initially gave us all this perk.

Those who abuse the perk are part of the reason it is being limited.

Just think, you will now have a larger tax deduction for next year as when you start having to pay for the excess internet you can get a receipt for it. ;)

Archived