Discover Card in Jamaica and Grand Cayman?

msbunny

Finally, I am doing our set sail passes for Enchantment, March 17 cruise. I usually use my Discover Card, which I know RC accepts. But I am wondering if it is easily accepted on the islands. Does anyone know? If, necessary, I'll take my Master card also or just use MC for the sea pass,too. Thanks!

I have never been to Jamaica, but know that when I was in Grand Cayman 2 years ago, no one took Discover. It was more of a "US" card. You may want to check their website or call customer service. This should hopefully tell you.

Angie

I used my Discover card a couple places in Grand Cayman last month. You just have to look for the sign on the door or register. I've never been to Jamaica so have no clue what they do and don't accept.

Visa and MC are the most popular cards for worldwide use. I don't think anyone in Europe accepts Discover and it was hard to find places that took AmEx.

I upgraded one of my cards last week with Discover and mentioned to the customer service rep that I was cruising soon and could I used my card. She told me that they are actively expanding into the Caribbean now. I'm traveling Eastern Caribbean so I asked about that but she did mention the Caymans. So you may get lucky :)

Thankfully I had my Visa in Jamaica. I was told that it is too expensive to have the Discover card as a payment type for the stores in Jamaica. That being said it was 3 years ago I was told that by a jeweler there.

Archived