Cruise Theme Party**Menu Ideas

2boxers

Hello all,

My daughters HS graduation is in a few months, the theme has just been changed to a Bon Voyage/Cruise theme. I am an avid party planner, however, the menu for this one is giving me a little trouble. I automatically think seafood, but my daughter is allergic :(

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I thought of using all her favorite cruise foods?????

For anyone who has done a cruise themed party, I would love to hear all about it.

Thanks.

Sounds like she's put you in a difficult spot. Tell her to come up with some of her own menu suggestions, or you'll make her dance around at the party with a flaming Baked Alaska on her head!

Seriously, you could try Jamaican Jerk Chicken, a Mexican buffet, and you can probably find a recipe for a Puerto Rican pork dish. All-you-can-eat lobster, escargot and creme brulee would be good choices too!

Caribbean food is very much a possibility. I have done many caribbean themed parties before and was trying to come up with something different. I suggested her favorite foods from past cruises, however, the first thing that popped out of her mouth was the risotto with peas. There is no way I am making risotto for 100+ people. Anyone ever made it?????:(

I am thinking of a fruit display with the pineapple palm trees, have seen fruit, cheese, etc on skewers to form the trunk of the tree with artificial palm fronds on top.

Thanks for the help.

You just hold the party really late at night and have a giant midnight dessert buffet :p.

Seriously, I think cruises just do all kinds of food, so it's going to be the presentation that makes or breaks it. Of course, how can a cruise-themed party be anything but fun. Just make sure there's a Mr. Sexy Legs contest, drunken karaoke and a Newlywed/Not so Newlywed Game.

• 1 year later...

San Jose Barbie. You're funny!

I'm thinking of a menu right now myself.

How about grilled boneless breast of chicken or kabobs with a nice mango salsa? Grilled pineapple? Virgin Rum Punch and real Rum Punch and Corona beer? Or the new Bud Lite Lime? A fruit salad. And don't forget the chocolate covered strawberries! ;-)

I'm thinking of doing Tirimisu too?

Keep the ides coming.

Thanks everyone!

Renie

Lots of steel drum caribbean music, a conga line, and limbo contest!

I'd go with a mexican buffet or build your own taco bar, lots of fruit and maybe some virgin foo foo drinks with umbrellas! :p

We just did an open house for the folks that are going on our Feb cruise. I work for a tour company and we themed the refreshments to go along with the island thingy. The center piece was a large watermellon, carved out and filled with all kinds of fresh fruit. It was beautiful and everyone loved it. Pulled pork would be good also along with lots of veggies's to keep it colorful.

Good luck, sounds like fun!!!

• 3 weeks later...
San Jose Barbie. You're funny!

I'm thinking of a menu right now myself.

How about grilled boneless breast of chicken or kabobs with a nice mango salsa? Grilled pineapple? Virgin Rum Punch and real Rum Punch and Corona beer? Or the new Bud Lite Lime? A fruit salad. And don't forget the chocolate covered strawberries! ;-)

I'm thinking of doing Tirimisu too?

Keep the ides coming.

Thanks everyone!

Renie

The Kabob idea makes for a little extra work but it's visually appealing and helps toward portion control--which helps ease your planning overall.

Choco-strawberries? Might I suggest a chocolate fondue with strawberries, chunks of fresh pineapple, and other yummies to dip in/drizzle over? This also forms a nice conversation focus location where people compare notes of their personal chocolate addictions. Our church had one of these and many people found it to be a popular spot.:D

Archived