Is the courtyard pool fresh water or salt water.

ktj

Not sure what you mean by courtyard, but the main pool amidships on Spirit on deck 12 was salt water.

Teri

I think the OP was referring to the Courtyard Villa pool. I am not sure. Others out there have the answer? I have heard that the midship pools on the Pearl were freshwater. I'll be able to confirm in a little under 3 weeks for y'all.

Paul

Okay, I've never been on a cruise before, this is the first time I've heard of this. You mean to tell me that there are saltwater pools on the ships? What's the point of that? I'm going on the Pearl on 2/25, and I'll be a little disappointed if I have to swim in a saltwater pool.

Can anyone confirm if there are saltwater pools on the Pearl?

-Very confused...

Okay, I've never been on a cruise before, this is the first time I've heard of this. You mean to tell me that there are saltwater pools on the ships? What's the point of that? I'm going on the Pearl on 2/25, and I'll be a little disappointed if I have to swim in a saltwater pool.

Can anyone confirm if there are saltwater pools on the Pearl?

-Very confused...

Ships have always had salt water pools. A lot of ships drain the pools each night and refill them. Using freshwater would be too expensive and impractical. Additionally, salt water inhibits the growth of algae. My brand new pool at home has a salt injector system which drastically cuts down on the cleaning chore.

Ships have always had salt water pools. A lot of ships drain the pools each night and refill them. Using freshwater would be too expensive and impractical. Additionally, salt water inhibits the growth of algae. My brand new pool at home has a salt injector system which drastically cuts down on the cleaning chore.

I have to disagree with you on this one. Princess uses freshwater pools on their ships and have for quite a while. They're the only cruise line that does this across the board and it's one of the reasons along with their Anytime Dining I love to cruise with them.

Paul

Archived