shoes??

SunFunCruiser

I need to buy some shoes for Alaska. Don't think my pink sparkly Florida flip flops will do ;)

Anyway, we aren't doing too much hiking. Some in Mendenhall and again in Denali.

Do you think the snow mocs from LLBean will work? They are on sale, plus I have a GC. I will probably hardly ever wear them again.

Any opinions?

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?page=snow-mocs&categoryId=50148&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=500265&cat4=500260&shop_method=pp&feat=500265-tn

I need to buy some shoes for Alaska. Don't think my pink sparkly Florida flip flops will do ;)

Anyway, we aren't doing too much hiking. Some in Mendenhall and again in Denali.

Do you think the snow mocs from LLBean will work? They are on sale, plus I have a GC. I will probably hardly ever wear them again.

Any opinions?

I bought the All Weather Mocs from Lands End and I LOVE them! I live right outside Tampa and I have been wearing them in the cooler weather we've had and they've been terrific. They've kept my feet warm and dry in the cool wet weather we had a few weeks ago. Best part? You can buy them at Sears! :D No shipping and handling and you can try on a couple of different sizes. I ended up getting 2 pairs I like them so much :p

I also have the Lands End Mocs. I live in Ohio and wear them all during the winter when there isn't much snow on the ground. They are comfortable and easy to wear for long periods of walking. I plan to take mine along with me to Alaska. Hope you find something to wear besides those flip-flops!

Whatever you buy be sure and break them in before you go!! And bring plenty of good socks and keep your feet warm and dry. Don't ever try to wear new shoes and expect to be comfortable. You would probably be better off with shoes that lace so that if your feet swell you can release the laces a bit if necessary. The most important thing is to break the shoes in, wear them around the house with the socks you plan to wear.

As we have grandchildren in Anchorage, we're up there once or twice a year between April and November. I've never worn anything other than what are known as athletic shoes - under $20 and comfortable. I do have a pair of overshoes I take for cruises, so it won't rain. Nancy

okay, thanks. I'll look into the ones from Land End.

I hate wearing shoes. lol

While they're not as comfy as a pair of flops they are without a doubt the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. Even better than my sneakers! I even gave them a travel test two weekends ago up to NJ. My feet swell unbelievably on planes and these shoes never got tight. And when it was 15 degrees in the am (Brrrrrr :eek: ) my feet were warm and toasty!!

I love my Land's End mocs! I live in Va, and I wear mine year-round. In snow, fall, spring, whatever. I don't hike, but I teach Kindergarten so I'm on my feet and moving around all day and those are the most comfortable shoes I own. I have recently gotten some Dansko clogs as a gift. They are supposed to be really good for your feet, and they are comfortable. But, even though they cost a lot more ($115!!), my mocs are better for standing and walking all day. I've never even needed to break them in. I say go for it - you may even find yourself wearing them in Fla. :)

Archived