How far ahead is too far?

M&MCruisin

This should have been a poll, but my guess is that it may already have been done. How far ahead do you all book cruises? I havent even taken my cruise in March of this year and just booked the Crown Princess for April 2008! And unbelievably, there are 2 roll call's started for the week before and the week after my cruise! I just cant wait!

With that...does anyone know when Princess sales come out each week (if it is weekly)? I need to keep and eye on it as my TA said if I find a lower price, I can ask her to lower mine, but I have to call them, they wont automatically do it, which is understandable. Thanks.

Now thats true! Have you ever booked one that far out? I loved how Princess told me that the ship for the April 2008 cruise is already booking up so I responded with...most likely because travel agents are buying up groups of rooms! That was an interesting sales tactic!

We are just waiting for the '08 cruises to open for the summer to book our next cruise, but we also have FCC for two more after that. We would rather book early so that we can get our choice of cabins - plus it gives you something to look forward to after the current one.

Charlie

We are just waiting for the '08 cruises to open for the summer to book our next cruise, but we also have FCC for two more after that. We would rather book early so that we can get our choice of cabins - plus it gives you something to look forward to after the current one.

Charlie

We also book at least a year in advance. Usually the early booking price is the lowest, pricing goes up as the sailing gets closer and then, if there are price reductions, it is usually closer to the sailing date.

Make sure you check before you make final payment, as Princess does not usually honor price reductions is you've alaready made final payment.

Thanks all! I wanted a mini suite this time and I know they go fast, at least in the back of the ship so I wanted to book early. Cruising is not only the best way to travel....its addictive!!!!!!!!!!

Willysgrandma...thanks for the tip! Have a wonderful day all!

Archived