Sept. in Caribbean/Uncovered balcony mini-suite OR covered balcony and regular room?

skarletohara

We've been on a number of Princess cruises in all types of rooms

except for an inside.

We'll be sailing on the CB 9/23 and all the Emerald mini-suites are gone

as of now.

To those of you who have sailed in September in the Caribbean, do you think it's advisable to forsake having a larger mini-suite that has

no covering on the balcony for a regular-sized cabin with a covered balcony?

We like the shade, although I have had the uncovered Dolphin suites

before cruising Mexico Riviera with no problems, but I am willing to

go to a smaller cabin if it means being able to enjoy my balcony without

the sun beating on me.

We have also had Caribe deck before, so are well aware of the half and

half balconies. Currently we have a cabin on hold on Riviera deck.

Input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

We had friends a few weeks ago in R730. Although I have only sailed in at least a mini, I was impressed with their cabin. The balcony was nice and rather protected. They had a quick exit down the hall out to the aft adult pool. I thought it was very nice.

I think if the balcony is going to be used, a little cover in September might be wise. We had an open mini in Nov once and the balcony was not used much due to a lot more wind and rain than when we have sailed during Jan and Feb.

Lastly, I would be careful with the Horizon court above. They were fairly aft and did not have noise from chairs above. Too far midship or forward, and that might be a problem in the early am!

Janet

Not only is September prime hurricane season as you already know, but it's also rainy season here in Florida and in some places in the Caribbean. Usually the showers are brief, but they can be there. It's so a hot and intense time of year for the sun, so if you don't want the intense sun on you, you may want a covered balcony.

Are there no balcony cabins available on the Caribe deck? I'm sure that there will be mini-suites opening for your sailing as it gets closer. I'd just keep checking every available TA website and hope something you really want opens up plus book what you already have on hold.

remember that you will have shade depending on the direction of the ship and the time of day.

Noting what others have said re. hurricane season, i would be choosing the larger cabin and hoping for some shade at times on the balcony.

If it rains non-stop, you'll be inside regardless, and happy to have a larger cabin.

good luck.

Ellen

Well,

one of the mini's on Emerald opened up today so we changed to

that one.

Now we'll have shade AND a mini-suite:D

I don't care if it rains the whole week. I like the humidity. I just like

having a little roof over my head.

Thought it might be fun to try Riviera deck as we always end

up in the minis on Emerald:eek:

My finance and I were in dolphin 514 in early Oct, and although it lacks a bit of privacy I enjoyed the uncovered balcony. With a balcony you have a top to bottom view of the ship and there is something about watching sunrises and sunsets from your own personal piece of the ship.

Wow, Skarletohara, you are just a cruzin maniac! Good for you. Thanks for all your help about SF. Now, I want to pick your brain about flying east to your port for a Caribbean cruise and what ship you are going to take. Our DD will be 21 next year and we want to to take her on a Caribbean cruise. I woulld like for her to have an inside with us nearby in a balcony. What itinerary are you taking? Eastern or Western (or even Southern)? I'm a west coast chick (but born and raised on the east coast) needing to get get a break from the MR. Big issue, I hate to fly.

Suggesions anyone?

Well,

one of the mini's on Emerald opened up today so we changed to

that one.

Now we'll have shade AND a mini-suite:D

I don't care if it rains the whole week. I like the humidity. I just like

having a little roof over my head.

Thought it might be fun to try Riviera deck as we always end

up in the minis on Emerald:eek:

I was about to suggest a mini on the Emerald deck but see that you were able to get one. Cool!

Archived