Cutting it too close?

jerseygirl3

My sister and BIL and their 6-year-old twins just decided to join us on the April 2 sailing of the Century. Air is very high that week and the only flight they could find that was reasonably priced (by reasonable, I mean almost $500 pp Richmond to FLL) leaves FLL at 12:50. Our cruise debarks in Miami. Is that cutting it too close to make a 12:50 flight from FLL? Also, does Celebrity allow passengers to do self debarkation?

It isn't cutting it too close, but I would never recommend self disembarking, especially with 6 year old twins. That's asking for major headaches. They will have to carry off all their own luggage, plus the kids and all their stuff. I just don't see how they would be able to do all that with kids. They won't need self disembarking----just ask for early disembarking.

I respectfully disagree with those who say it is not cutting it too close. PROBABLY you will be ok, but we were recently on a cruise where we were not able to disembark until after 10:00 am because someone had not properly presented their immigration information. It can happen.

My sister and BIL and their 6-year-old twins just decided to join us on the April 2 sailing of the Century. Air is very high that week and the only flight they could find that was reasonably priced (by reasonable, I mean almost $500 pp Richmond to FLL) leaves FLL at 12:50. Our cruise debarks in Miami. Is that cutting it too close to make a 12:50 flight from FLL? Also, does Celebrity allow passengers to do self debarkation?

Hi Jersey girl:

Did you check out prices for Spirit going out of AC. They are running some pretty good fares right now.

Hi Jersey girl:

Did you check out prices for Spirit going out of AC. They are running some pretty good fares right now.

I almost always fly Spirit out of A.C. The air needed is for my sister, BIL, and their kids. They fly out of Richmond, VA. Since they procrastinated so long before deciding to join us, they are paying top dollar.

Actually, when I checked fares with Spirit for our dates, they were very high. We wound up booking air out of Philadelphia to Miami for $287 pp, which I figure is pretty good considering our dates of travel (March 31 to April 9).

But I am doing a last minute on Spirit later this week (going to Marco Island for 5 days to get out of this frigid weather). I got $84 each way, which isn't bad for this time of year.

Archived