Okay you have the guarantee -- how often do YOU check the personalizer?

mickmobo

I have an assigned cabin, and I STILL check the cruise personalizer every day, just so that I can see the countdown ("46 days until your next sailing")! I think that I have the perception that somehow, if I check it more often, the time will pass more quickly.

I like the way you think girlfriend! :D

We have been assigned an inside room for our cabin. We have an inside gaurantee. Once it has been assigned, can the room change or are you locked into that room at that point?

In other words, is there still a chance that we get upgraded. On the last cruise we went on, we were bumped up from an inside to a balcony. It was a nice surprise.

sbmizzou

yes, you cabin might change but only if your file indicated that you are willing to be upgraded.

You guys are cracking me up here (and thank heavens, because some of the other threads I've read are downright hostile). I have an assigned cabin, and I STILL check the cruise personalizer every day, just so that I can see the countdown ("46 days until your next sailing")! I think that I have the perception that somehow, if I check it more often, the time will pass more quickly. Obviously, we're all just immensely excited to get on our ships! That's what I love about this community. Best of luck getting excellent cabins (a guarantee is a little like gambling, and that can be fun, except the one time I did it, I ended up being "upgraded" from a perfectly fine interior room to a port hole room at the VERY front of the ship...when your luggage tags say "M1" be afraid...be very afraid;)

'M1' that's the name of an interstate in South Africa, was it like being on one???:D

We have been assigned an inside room for our cabin. We have an inside gaurantee. Once it has been assigned, can the room change or are you locked into that room at that point?

In other words, is there still a chance that we get upgraded. On the last cruise we went on, we were bumped up from an inside to a balcony. It was a nice surprise.

sbmizzou

yes it can still change right up to sailing day I believe:D

We had a guarantee on our last Princess cruise and the cabin assignment that was first posted on the personalizer later was upgraded. In other words, there is no "guarantee" that the cabin assignment won't change. RELAX, all the cabins go the same places and as long as you have a cabin you can have a great time! The cabin location has never seemed as important to me as to some of the others on this board. To me it's just a place to change clothes and sleep. I'd rather be out on deck or in the lounges than isolated in a cabin. I guess that's why a guarantee is a good choice for us (although we did book a specific cabin for our next cruise since we are going in a group of 13 family members).

Ughh...we booked a bottom of the barrel, forward, belly of the ship, guarantee inside cabin and within a day of making full payment were assigned an upgraded cabin. We're still in an inside cabin but love the location they moved us up to! Please tell me they can't take it away from us and put us back in the bottom foward belly of the ship again! I would have accepted that before we were assigned a cabin, but now that I have seen where they have placed us, it would be very difficult to be told we were being bumped back down to the base catagory we originally paid for.

--Jean

This is our first cruise, so we knew nothing about selecting specific cabins and just booked the category we could afford. Got a call from our TA about a month ago saying we could upgrade from the inside cabin to an ocean view for a total of $30, so we did it. The packet we got from Princess with our luggage tags and other information indicates we are in E507 (oceanview double). Any chance we are upgraded again? I would love to be able to be out on my own balcony when we pull into port ...

I see that the prices have dropped since we first booked, which is why I think we got the call about the upgrade to begin with. Maybe the TA cancelled and re-booked our reservation at the better price?

When is your cruise:D :cool:

March 17 - I'm the OP's wife...

I think I'm enabling the obsession - he has the booking numbers and is in charge of the details - but, it doesn't stop me from asking, "Do we have a room yet" we're usually in the "just get me on the boat/broom closet" categories...What is it with the slim potential for an upgrade that creates the frenzied obsession???

Hi Julia - we sailed with you on the double scoop cruise!!!

Monica aka mickeymo

'M1' that's the name of an interstate in South Africa, was it like being on one???:D

Ha ha ha ha ha...That was my very first cruise on the Carnival Elation (an older ship, but I still thought it was very nice), and I knew nothing about cabin selection. Now, I personally could care less where I stay on the ship, because let's face it, I'm cruising, and I don't care where I sleep as long as I get to wake up and be on a cruise. But my husband is seasick, and in terms of location, we were pretty much in the worst one possible. Actually, I think we were in what would be considered the least attractive room on the ship. It was the Main Deck (the one just above the crew's quarters) and at the VERY front. I still found it excellent, but we really did feel the motion of the ship. My husband was green for much of the cruise.

Archived