Ekol travel, vehicles used, and Topkapi on Tuesday, Questions

1) We are a group of four arriving in Kusadasi on a Monday and thinking about using Ekol Travel. If you went with them in the past, what type of vehicle did they use on the small group tour? Don't want to spend an afternoon schrunched into a mini if you know what I mean.

2) We are scheduled into Istanbul on a Tuesday (next day) and thinking of using Ekol again. The Topkapi Palace is listed in the guide books as being closed on Tuesdays, but the ship's tour says it has a special arrangement to gain entry despite closure. Has anyone used Ekol on a Tuesday, and if so, were you also able to enter the palace? Their literature is worded in a way that I suspect all they can do is a drive-by, telling you what's inside.

Not complaining about Ekol BTW. They have been outstanding in responding to my emails and questions Yes, I also asked them this same question a few moments ago, but I always like corroboration. Should hear their take in the morning's emails.

Answers are appreciated.

We used EKOL in Kusadasi in November 2006. There were 4 of us, plus the guide, plus the driver. They used a mini-van that would hold 8 comfortably. The configuration of the van was 2 on one side and one seat on the other, with a seat in the back that could hold 2 or 3. We ended up each having our own seat and own window. Now I am sure they must have various vehicles, so all I can tell you is that is what we had. The EKOL main office is in Kusadasi very near the port.

We also used EKOL in Istanbul and had a fantastic guide, Murat Gurer. Again the van was very roomy for the 4 of us plus guide and driver. However, we were not there on a Tuesday so can't help you out on that.

We used Ekol for two days in Istanbul last October. Our driver and guide were great. My wife was sick with a blithering cold and they found a pharmacy (Ramadan, most were closed) and got her the necessary over the counter meds that helped her feel better.

We were also very surprised that we two were the only ones on the two day tour and had our own car, driver, and guide.

By the way, we went to Topkapi on Wed.

We used Ekol in Kusadasi last October but we were a group of 8 and the van was quite large. All I can tell you is that Fevzi Turhan is an honorable businessman. If he provides an answer to your questions I am certain he will deliver. After corresponding with him for months it was a pleasure meeting him in person. We were very pleased with the services and information Ekol provided. Tell him what your requirements are and I know he will be quite helpful.

Topkapi Palace was certainly a highlight in Istanbul but we were there for 5 days and there are ample sights to see if you are there for a shorter time. The one I would avoid is the Dolmabache Palace. You must use their guides once inside and they move at a very fast pace so you really can't spend much time exploring any particular item of interest.Several of the guides were very hard to understand.......we enjoyed Topkapi much more.

Marty

Thanks Marty, we are scheduled to use EKOL (Fevzi has been very responsive.) for both ports. We will be in Istanbul on a Tuesday and asked to substitute Dolmabache Palace. Maybe we will ask Fevzi's opinion of what to sub instead. A picture of that Palace looked very nice along the river.

Thanks Marty, we are scheduled to use EKOL (Fevzi has been very responsive.) for both ports. We will be in Istanbul on a Tuesday and asked to substitute Dolmabache Palace. Maybe we will ask Fevzi's opinion of what to sub instead. A picture of that Palace looked very nice along the river.

NANA~

if you are on the June 10th Emerald Prtincess sailing you will be in Kusadasi on Thursday, June 14th, and Istanbul Friday, June 15th.

We used Ekol this past July in Istanbul and Kusadasi, using them for several tours in Istanbul and Kusadasi (Full Day, half-day tour with Bosporus Cruise, Orient House Dinner Show, Airport pick-up and Full day Didyma, Miletus and Ephesus tour in Kusadasi)...

There were only the two of us, so we were always picked up ...and, except for the airport--where we had a slight mix-up, very promptly...in fairly ordinary private cars--because, for two, that is all that was needed...But I am certain they would use appropriate vehiclesfor the size of the group...

Most of the Istanbul full day tour was on foot--the sites are all fairly close together--with a guide...another gentleman acted as driver and picked us up and dropped us off in each case at our hotel (the Conrad) or at the ship...

In Kusadasi, our guide/driver met us as we got off the ship and drove us himself to all of the sites...

The tours were excellent (both our Istanbul guide and our Kusadasi guide spoke perfect English and were very informative and interesting) and I wholeheartedly recommend Ekol...

Archived