Why was my thread deleted?

ShoMeChiefsFan

This request for deleted post information should be removed. Instead, I have closed the thread so this reply can be seen by all.

Per Guidelines:

... You should also know that the discussion of our management policies and procedures -- including post deletions-- is considered off-topic discussion for our cruise boards and will also be removed without notice. If you have a question about the removal of any posting please contact me at community@cruisecritic.com...

LauraS

Community Manager

Cruise Critic

Community@cruisecritic.com

and

Copyright Infringements

The posting of large blocks of text obtained from the Internet, online newspapers, web sites, magazines, etc., defeats the purpose of our Cruise Boards. All of this information is available to everyone online, and doesn't add to the idea of sharing firsthand experiences and cruise advice. Also, the majority of information out there is protected by an author's individual copyright. Therefore, we will remove such information from the message boards. You may LINK via url to the information.

However, Cruise Line press releases are welcome on the boards, if you clearly indicate the source.

Per FAQ:

My posting was removed? How do I find out why?

If you have a question regarding the removal of a post or a discussion, please contact our Community Manager by clicking on the Contact Us link located on all pages of the forums. Questions posted on the forums regarding removals will not be addressed and will be removed.

Per Ports of Call Posting Guidelines:

Reviews/Recommendations of Tour Operators/Guides/Businesses

Legitimate third-party recommendations/reviews for tour operators/guides/businesses *must* be posted in response to a request for the information. All others will be removed from the boards. Additionally, repeatedly posting the same “review” over and over in response to many threads is considered “spamming” and will be removed from the boards.

I sincerely hope this information available to all from various places here on the boards will help everyone be better informed.

Kat

Archived