GOS - decided to upgrade from OV to JS!!

dpomes

I decided to splurge and upgrade us to a JS. When I called RCI to see what was available, they told me 8040 and 8540 were the only 2 left. I selected 8540. I then went online to see where it was located and noticed it was one of the handicap rooms. The other cabin, 8040, is also a handipcap room.

Did they offer me this room because they had other handicap accessible rooms available? I feel kind of bad now. :o

Don't feel badly. You're within final payment period and it's not unreasonable for the cruiseline to sell the cabin less than two months from sailing to anybody who want it, IMHO.

That's a good point. Thanks for the reassurance!

I'm really surprised that they are letting you book the HC this far out. There could still be a need, and if so they may ask you to move...maybe to a GS. :D

The HC staterooms are really large, though. ;) Another thing about the HC on the Grandeur is that they do connect to the room next door. I don't know how you feel about that!

I'm really surprised that they are letting you book the HC this far out. There could still be a need, and if so they may ask you to move...maybe to a GS. :D

They didn't even mention to me that it was a HC room. I didn't find out until I looked it up online. If they need it, I'll take a GS, though! :)

The HC staterooms are really large, though. ;) Another thing about the HC on the Grandeur is that they do connect to the room next door. I don't know how you feel about that!

She's sailing this April, if I'm reading her signature correctly. She's already within the final payment period.

Normally, these staterooms are not released until 3 weeks or less out. In fact, the same stateroom was just released on the website, for my cruise this weekend! If it weren't for the fact that it connects with another stateroom, I might seriously consider switching to it.

Normally, these staterooms are not released until 3 weeks or less out. In fact, the same stateroom was just released on the website, for my cruise this weekend! If it weren't for the fact that it connects with another stateroom, I might seriously consider switching to it.

What is the disadvantage of connecting rooms? Can you hear more noise? even if both doors are closed?

By the way, you are so lucky to be leaving this weekend! :) You'll have to let us know how you liked the grandeur.

I'd grab that HC cabin! The connecting door really is no problem. I'd take the extra room any day. :D

Archived