Wine Selection/Prices

Does anyone know of a link to the RCL dinner wine list (selections and prices)? Otherwise, can you give me an idea of the price range -- are there reasonable bottles in the $25-$35 range? (doesn't have to be "fine" -- quaffable will do!). Lastly, if you don't finish the whole bottle at dinner, will they bring it back the next day (like on Princess)? Thx!

Actually, that is not the dining room wine list. That is a selection of wine for pre-purchase for delivery to your room, but the dining room wine list is more expansive. That does give you an idea of prices though.

Here is a link to the actual wine list in the dining room, but it does not have prices.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/Domestic_Wine_List.pdf

Question? How does the Wine & Dine work if you go to Chops one night? Do you present your SeaPass and they bring you one of your selections? I'm trying to decide what type of package to purchase (5 vs 7 bottles) so if I cannot use one of my Wine & Dine bottles at Chops, I will only get a 5 bottle package.

When we cruised last time, it was our first cruise and we didn't do the wine and dine package. We were sailing with my parents, and a couple of nights I had a glass of wine in the dining room, but that was it.

On our next cruise, we're sailing with friends, and we all really do enjoy drinking wine. I'm sure we'll get the wine and dine. I noticed though, it didn't mention you could present your card in any of the bars. What if you're in Bolero's and you want a bottle of your champagne from your package? Is that possible? Also, if we get the 12 bottle package, and decide to have 2 bottles at dinner, will they bring extra glasses for our friends? (I have a feeling we'll all have packages, but will want to share with one another.)

(I can't believe how excited I'm getting about this cruise!!)

When we cruised last time, it was our first cruise and we didn't do the wine and dine package. We were sailing with my parents, and a couple of nights I had a glass of wine in the dining room, but that was it.

On our next cruise, we're sailing with friends, and we all really do enjoy drinking wine. I'm sure we'll get the wine and dine. I noticed though, it didn't mention you could present your card in any of the bars. What if you're in Bolero's and you want a bottle of your champagne from your package? Is that possible? Also, if we get the 12 bottle package, and decide to have 2 bottles at dinner, will they bring extra glasses for our friends? (I have a feeling we'll all have packages, but will want to share with one another.)

(I can't believe how excited I'm getting about this cruise!!)

Wine and Dine is good in the Main dining room, the Windjammer and the specialty restaurants only.

They will happily bring you extra glasses if you want to share. They will also allow you to take bottles back to your room. You get to take home any unopened bottles.

The wine list has improved a bit recently, IMHO, but be prepared for some sticker shock - what you might find for $25-35 in a land-based restaurant will be more like $40-50 onboard. In the $25 range will be Mondavi and equivalents (eminently swillable, just a lot of money for a wine I can find here for $6.00 in the store and $15 in a restaurant). I get over it fairly quickly, though.:rolleyes:

Actually, that is not the dining room wine list. That is a selection of wine for pre-purchase for delivery to your room, but the dining room wine list is more expansive. That does give you an idea of prices though.

Here is a link to the actual wine list in the dining room, but it does not have prices.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/Domestic_Wine_List.pdf

Fitz thank you thank you thank you. We have been working with rccl for about 2 months trying to make arrangements for wine during our trip. When I called and asked about wines no one was able to provide the reserve wine list(we were provided with the much shorter version :( to us so we have been operating on the presumption that they simply did not have the quality of wines we were looking for. Now when I look at the list you have provided I see a few wines on the reserve list we would be quite happy with so I no longer need to worry about prearranging our own to be brought on. The arrangements were quite cumbersome and this is saving us extra work. Too bad they couldnt have shown me the ENTIRE list in the 1st place...would have saved their rep alot of work too...lol

Wow, I'm really glad to have found this thread. I have been thinking about whether to order a wine package, and did not know we could take unfinished bottles back to the cabin. That is more appealing than having to leave it in the restaurant. The dining room wine list looks good, I enjoyed looking at it. One question though, how do you know how much the wine will cost? Does the list in the dining room have prices?

So just a bit confused with the ordering process, can the wine purchased only be ordered from the wine cellar collection provided on RC's web site or since this is a much larger selection can you order off the "dinner" wine selection as well.

The list of wines you can pre-purchase is much smaller than the regular wine list, which has some nice wines on it, IMHO. It's just the markup that gets me. I think in general you will find that wines retailing for $5-7 (in California) will cost 4-5x retail onboard; wines in the $8-20 range will sell for 3-4x retail and wines that are more than that will go for 2-3x retail.

Archived