Royal Family Suite - Suggestions

rcoasterz

Hi folks. I've only ever been in oceanview staterooms before. In September, we're going wiht another couple on the Explorer of the Seas to Bermuda and we're treating ourselves to a Royal Family Suite. I'm hoping you can help me prepare by offering any secrets / suggestions on what to bring to fully take advantage of the suite and any secrets for maximizing the Concierge Club benefits.

In a suite, does it make sense to tip the room attendant some cash on the first day? Does this generally give you some "freebies" during your cruise?

I'm excited!!! Thanks in advance for your help.

John

Just a little question... you and the other couple realise that there is quite a difference in the Royal Family Suite bedrooms, don't you? One is much bigger, has a bigger bathroom and accesses the balcony. The other is a much smaller inside twin.

http://www.royalcarib.com/rclstateroom/rclexplorer_aa.html

It looks like a great cabin, providing you make allowances for the differences in accomodation for two cpuples.

Boo

I agree............we have stayed in a FRS and it was ok for our family,but if we were traveling with another couple,i wouldnt do it.....The smaller bedroom is really small and the bathroom is in the common area,whereas the other bedroom is larger with a private bathroom............no comparision...........

For that same amount of money,you could probably do connecting Js or GSs.........

As far as advance tipping goes, I don't believe in it--it feels like a "bribe

to me! And, I think it's kind of an insult to the attendant--I mean, they will give you excellent service and you can reflect that in your tip at the END of the cruise!

Yes, we're aware that one bedroom is more of a master suite, where as the other is just a bedroom. However, Royal Caribbean indicated that both bedrooms have queen beds. I like the idea of sharing a room because it's fun when we're getting ready for dinners and stuff to enjoy drinks while fixing ourselves up.

Thanks for your help.

Hi folks. I've only ever been in oceanview staterooms before. In September, we're going wiht another couple on the Explorer of the Seas to Bermuda and we're treating ourselves to a Royal Family Suite. I'm hoping you can help me prepare by offering any secrets / suggestions on what to bring to fully take advantage of the suite and any secrets for maximizing the Concierge Club benefits.

In a suite, does it make sense to tip the room attendant some cash on the first day? Does this generally give you some "freebies" during your cruise?

I'm excited!!! Thanks in advance for your help.

John

John, you know that in a suite, the suggested rate per day per person for your cabin steward is $5.75, right? :)

Good to know on the tipping rate. Royal Caribbean let us book with 4 passengers, but we had to pay for the non-existent 5th person. They did tell us though that closer to the sailing we can call and report that the fifth person will not be sailing and they'll likely refund the money.

Now to figure out how much the cost differential should be for the couple in the larger bedroom in the suite... ;-)

So you can upgrade from two rooms into a single suite if its available? Also, when you upgrade at the pier, does your TA get any commission off that?

You can change into the suite from 2 cabins before final paymnet..........if you change after final payment,it will be like you cancelled one cabin and will loss some money..

Your TA does not get any more commission if you upgrade at the pier.....you pay for that right away.........and not on your Seapass.

Archived