Public buses are always an option!

zubee23

Used the public bus ($1.15 a person) to take us out to Eagle Beach. Cheap, easy to use and the bus terminal is just down from the cruise terminal. Just ask anyone whcih bus to get on to get to the low rise hotels (Eagle Beach) or the high rise hotels (Palm Beach). You can't use the hotel chairs but you can sit on your towel on a gorgeous beach!

• 2 weeks later...

American currency is accepted all over Aruba. The public buses by the cruise ships are large buses like in the states. You'll also see small vans that say "Public Bus" on them and they're fine to use. They charge $1.00.

• 5 months later...

We used the buses while vacationing and I can't say that it would have been difficult at all for and above average sized person. Depending on the route it could get crowded but I say go for it. If you can ride them in the States then it would be no different in Aruba.

I read on another thread that the public busses should be avoided if you are larger than average because they are very difficult to get on and off, and the seats are uncomforable.?????

I'm a large person and had no problem on the public bus.

Used the public bus ($1.15 a person) to take us out to Eagle Beach. Cheap, easy to use and the bus terminal is just down from the cruise terminal. Just ask anyone whcih bus to get on to get to the low rise hotels (Eagle Beach) or the high rise hotels (Palm Beach). You can't use the hotel chairs but you can sit on your towel on a gorgeous beach!

Do any of the hotels rent chairs? Can you use the hotel's facilities?

Thanks.

Thinking about taking the jollypirates snorkeling trip. How long does it usually take from the cruise terminal to the hotels. For example to get off at the Hyatt and Holiday Inn. Is there a bus stop near the highrises for the return trip to the cruise terminal?

Thanks in advance.

Paula B.

• 2 weeks later...

Was sorry no one posted an answer to your questions. I would also like to know how much time to plan for the bus ride, and how hard it is to get a return bus to the pier.

DH and I will be in Aruba 2/2/08 and 2/6/08 on B2B Galaxy cruises. We want to snorkel, but not spend $$$ on excursions. Any other suggestions to save some money???

Looking forward to all the great ideas CC members offer. Thanks for your help. I love reading the threads.

:):):) ninkb

Do any of the hotels rent chairs? Can you use the hotel's facilities?

Thanks.

Day passes are available at the Renaissance, Occidental and Riu.

Renaissance day pass only allows use of their island, lunch and a drink.

Occidental and Riu you could use their pools.

Occidental Aruba Day Pass

Aruba Resorts With Day Passes

Day Pass to Renaissance Aruba Resort

There are vendors on both Palm Beach and Eagle Beach who rent chaises. Hotel facilities with the exception of bars and restaurants are for the most part, for the use of resort guests. Not to say, that someone would stop you from say using the restroom. Using the swimming pool etc may be a problem. Guess it depends upon security that day. I have heard many varying stories over the years.

Thinking about taking the jollypirates snorkeling trip. How long does it usually take from the cruise terminal to the hotels. For example to get off at the Hyatt and Holiday Inn. Is there a bus stop near the highrises for the return trip to the cruise terminal?

Thanks in advance.

Paula B.

Ride by taxi from the cruise terminal to Moomba, the departure point for Jolly Pirates can run up to 20 minutes depending upon traffic. Should take you less. Carla from Jolly Pirates could probably offer you more details.

http://taxiaruba.com/new/farelist.html

Sundays there is a $3 surcharge each way. Prices are each way and for the ride, NOT per person. Taxis are allowed to accept a maximum of 5 passengers.

The Arubus, Aruba's public bus, is $1.30 one way, $2.30 round trip.

Line 10 "Oranjestad to Hotels" (and back)

From the cruise terminal walk north a few blocks and you will see the bus depot on the left across the main street (corner of Weststraat & LG Smith Blvd) Map

Was sorry no one posted an answer to your questions. I would also like to know how much time to plan for the bus ride, and how hard it is to get a return bus to the pier.
Depends on where you are going. Heading to Malmok/Arashi for snorkeling, figure by the bus schedule about 30 minutes. Not hard to get the bus. They are widely used.

DH and I will be in Aruba 2/2/08 and 2/6/08 on B2B Galaxy cruises. We want to snorkel, but not spend $$$ on excursions. Any other suggestions to save some money???
Some excellent info on snorkeling in Aruba at these threads:

Info & Ideas for Snorkeling in Aruba

Touring on our Own + Snorkling

Another cost cutting way to spend the day, BUT apply plenty of sunscreen and bring something to drink...plop your towel down on the sand on one of Aruba's gorgeous powder white sand beaches. All it will cost you is the $2.30 USD per person bus fare.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived