What will happen if we don't make the ship

Nuncie

due to a delay in our flight? We are due to leave from NH on Friday the day before our E. Carribean cruise but we are expecting some bad weather. If we don't get to the ship in time what will happen? We have booked everything thru RCCL.

Thanks

due to a delay in our flight? We are due to leave from NH on Friday the day before our E. Carribean cruise but we are expecting some bad weather. If we don't get to the ship in time what will happen? We have booked everything thru RCCL.

Thanks

If you do not get to the ship in time it will leave without you. You can then try to catch up with it at the first port.

Did you buy insurance? That will determine what you will get back and what expenses would be covered due to the delayed flight.

I asked the the very same question you just posted. They (RCI) will get you on a plane if yours is delayed. He said as long as planes are flying they will get you down there. If you miss the ship they will fly you to the next port of your trip. They will cover your hotel and such. If you have "cruise care insurance" you will be covered for certain amounts and expenses for your losses. Being a Mainer I have the same concerns......but we don't sail for 25 days. I hope our weather will have a better chance of NOT messing up our vacation.:rolleyes:

If you are the only ones that will be late to the ship, don't expect them to hold it for only a couple passengers. If there is a BIG group, they will hold the ship for a short time. However, if RCI booked your flight, they will fly you to the 1st port.

If I had to fly in the day of, I would go through RCI, but we do try to arrive a day early and book our own flights. We find it cheaper, faster and easier that way.

Thanks for your replies. We have insurance thru RCCL which I do hope is worth something.

Shocker wher is S. Maine are you? My husband is a Northern Mainer and we have relatives if Gorham and Sugarloaf. Love, Love the Old Orchard, Scarboro area.

Hopefully we won't have to worry about using our insurance.

• 4 weeks later...
I asked the the very same question you just posted. They (RCI) will get you on a plane if yours is delayed. He said as long as planes are flying they will get you down there. If you miss the ship they will fly you to the next port of your trip. They will cover your hotel and such. If you have "cruise care insurance" you will be covered for certain amounts and expenses for your losses. Being a Mainer I have the same concerns......but we don't sail for 25 days. I hope our weather will have a better chance of NOT messing up our vacation.:rolleyes:

Sorry to drag up an old post but...

I just want to note that this is not our recent experience (last week) with RCI Air. Instead, they were completely indifferent to the fact that we may miss our cruise due to delays with the carrier they booked us on (we did make it but were last to check in at 5:10) Their phone staff indicated earlier that day that if we did not make it to teh ship to deal with the airline as it was not RCI Air's problem - the only reason we were to conatact them again after telling them that we were delayed was where Delta was sending us and where we would catch the ship. RCI Air wanted nothing to do with us despite booking our air through them.

Let's not give credit to RCI where it si not due. It is the airline that seems to have the obligation in this situation and perhaps that is part of accepting the booking from the cruise. It did not appear to be RCI AT ALL!!!

Archived