"CROWN" Is anything open 24 hours??

loving2cruise

The Horizon/Lido Buffet is not open 24 hours. I believe they close at 11. The International Cafe is open 24 hours as is room service.

Actually, on the sailings that depart from San Juan the Horizon Court wasn't even open for dinner on any of the nights but the first night for the cold seafood buffet. On the first night the Caribe Cafe wasn't open, just the Horizon Court.

Here are the hours of operation for dining:

Horizon Court and Cafe Caribe

(Lido deck - Open 5:00 am to 11:00 pm)

Pastires and beverages 5 am to 10 am Cafe Caribe

Breakfast buffet 6 am to 11:30 Horizon Court

Luncheon buffet 11:30 to 4:30 Horizon Court

Light snack buffet 4:30 to 5:30 Horizon Court

Dinner buffet 5:30 to 11:00 Cafe Caribe

International Cafe

open 24 hours both at sea and in port

Trident Grill & the Pizzeria (Lido deck 15): 11:00 am to 1:00 am

Also the Ice cream is open from 11 am to 1 am

I'm not sure why they don't have the Horizon court open when Cafe Caribe closes but that's how it was on our 11/4 sailing as per the quick refernce dining guide.

Skywalkers seemed to stay open the latest, not sure if it ever was open until 3am-doubt it.

My impression is that there aren't official last calls but when there are only a handful of customers at any given bar they close up.

One night in Club Fusion around 11 a pop star had just gotten over, the place was packed and as we got whisked out, it was announced we could go to Skywalkers, 10 decks up on the other side of the ship - kind of broke the partying mood.

There are an ample number of bars on the boat but late nights they were quiet with just a few people hanging out.

If you want that beer at 3 , better stock your fridge.

I think that the liberal BYOB policy on the Princess encourages a lot of people to drink in their own or friends rooms and balconies. On the Mariner , we were not able to bring in any beer or wine from port. So the bar is where you go, I must admit my ships bill was considerably less on the Princess but I really prefer the congenial atmosphere on RC.

Skywalkers seemed to stay open the latest, not sure if it ever was open until 3am-doubt it.

My impression is that there aren't official last calls but when there are only a handful of customers at any given bar they close up.

One night in Club Fusion around 11 a pop star had just gotten over, the place was packed and as we got whisked out, it was announced we could go to Skywalkers, 10 decks up on the other side of the ship - kind of broke the partying mood.

There are an ample number of bars on the boat but late nights they were quiet with just a few people hanging out.

If you want that beer at 3 , better stock your fridge.

I think that the liberal BYOB policy on the Princess encourages a lot of people to drink in their own or friends rooms and balconies. On the Mariner , we were not able to bring in any beer or wine from port. So the bar is where you go, I must admit my ships bill was considerably less on the Princess but I really prefer the congenial atmosphere on RC.

Think the OP was talking about the availability of food 24 hours. :confused:

This last cruise on The Crown I was shocked to find the HC closed at 11pm, and the only thing available was the International Cafe. :eek:

I don't like the choices at the Cafe. :rolleyes:

We were very surprised by this, especially because in all of Princess' information it says that the HC is oen 24 hours. My boys are not going to be happy campers on our next cruise as they tended to go there a lot around 11:30 or so. On our March cruise they and our friend's son actually got very friendly with the night manager at HC and went to see him every night, it was strangly a highlight for them!

Colocruiser,

I was answering play21cw who asked about the availability of beer at 3am.

I don't understand why your comment. The title of this thread is 'is ANYTHING open 24 hours' Prior responses had already answered that yes-food is available at the international cafe 24 hours.

Calm down.

Because the OP was asking about food???? :confused:

If you are confused....you should read the entire post. oliveoil clearly explain he/she was not reply to the OP but to another poster WITH another question:rolleyes: The point of the BB is to exchanged questions and answers. I don't know of one post that has stayed right on topic...so why are you jammin' oliveoil......if someone should calm down....check the mirror.

Anyway......oliveoil.......what time did Club Fusion usually close at night? My cabin is located right over the club:eek:

I'm a but disappointed on hearing that the HC is closed that early, I know last year on the Golden,it was open into the wee hours of the morn

They also had the "Bistro" that started in the HC at 11pm with linen tablecloths and a server. I really enjoyed that too.

Only I don't recall seeing it on the last Crown cruise.

If you are confused....you should read the entire post. oliveoil clearly explain he/she was not reply to the OP but to another poster WITH another question:rolleyes: The point of the BB is to exchanged questions and answers. I don't know of one post that has stayed right on topic...so why are you jammin' oliveoil......if someone should calm down....check the mirror.

Anyway......oliveoil.......what time did Club Fusion usually close at night? My cabin is located right over the club:eek:

hey my buddy makeup face:p , I can't be certain but I'd have to say Club Fusion was closed before midnight, Crooners in the center court stayed open later but that was quieter with piano music or show tunes and such. Skywalkers stayed opened the latest - can't tell you til when as we seemed to just fall into a pattern of getting to bed at a reasonable hour(for night owls) and making the most of our port days which were awesome.

Here are the hours for the bars on the Crown according to the quick reference bar guide:

At Sea In port

International

Cafe Open 24 hours Opoen 24 hours

Vines 11am to 11pm 4pm to 11pm

Speakeasy 6pm to midnight 6pm to midnight

Crown Grill 6pm to 11pm 6pm to 11pm

Crooner's 10am to 1am 10am to 1am

Explorers Check your daily patter

Wheelhouse 5pm to late 5pm to late

Club Fusion Check your daily patter

Calypso 7am to midnight 7am to midnight

Mermaids Tail 11am to 11pm 11:30am to 11:00pm

outrigger 11am to 11pm 11:30am to 11pm

tradwinds 9am to 6pm 11am to 7pm

Adagio 5pm to late 5pm to late

Skywalkers 10pm to late 10pm to late

Bar hours are subject to change

I took the Crown in late December, and I'm fairly certain the Intl Cafe was not open 24 hours. I think it closed around midnight and reopened very early in the morning. I asked the crew and they said the hours had changed versus previous cruises. I saved the quick reference guide and can check the hours if somebody is interested.

Also, the gelato machine at the Intl Cafe was broken and there was no gelato.

Of note is that the outdoor grill by the pool, as well as the pizzeria, were open until 1a.

hey my buddy makeup face:p , I can't be certain but I'd have to say Club Fusion was closed before midnight, Crooners in the center court stayed open later but that was quieter with piano music or show tunes and such. Skywalkers stayed opened the latest - can't tell you til when as we seemed to just fall into a pattern of getting to bed at a reasonable hour(for night owls) and making the most of our port days which were awesome.

Hey there;) I have six cousins cruising with me. Two who are in their twenties. I told them I'd go clubbing with them a couple of nights.....I hope I can stay up:eek: But I'm thinking since I'm from California the time difference will be on my side....it may be midnight....but my body will think it's 9:00pm:D :D

Archived