Queen Victoria - World Cruise 2008

KenC

Hi Roscoe

Thank you for the tips about front table and tipping the cliff divers. I don't know why it never occurred to me that they would come around for tips afterwards. Seems obvious - so I'll be ready. Where do I get to put the tip? Opps - that's at another Acapulco bar and a different exposition.

I'm off on Vision of the Seas tomorrow - 7 day Mexico - and keep looking at the QV literature. Vision will be great - I have the back corner JS with wrap around balcony - and I've reached Diamond Plus, so should get some perks and invitations, but... the QV is my main focus. The QV should be ready to leave Italy for Southhampton soon. What a special event.

I just booked a car from JFK to the pier through Cunard in hopes that they will let me on the ship when I arrive. Don't want to walk arond NY with my carry on with all my valuables in it. Pre information said I would get a boarding time with my ticket, and as I'm a lower class cabin, it might be last. When I did QM2 in March, 2004 - I was so excited when I got to my cabin, I lost my key. Had to get it replaced the first hour on the ship.

To an exciting trip

Larry

Hi Roscoe

Thank you for the tips about front table and tipping the cliff divers. I don't know why it never occurred to me that they would come around for tips afterwards. Seems obvious - so I'll be ready. Where do I get to put the tip? Opps - that's at another Acapulco bar and a different exposition.

I'm off on Vision of the Seas tomorrow - 7 day Mexico - and keep looking at the QV literature. Vision will be great - I have the back corner JS with wrap around balcony - and I've reached Diamond Plus, so should get some perks and invitations, but... the QV is my main focus. The QV should be ready to leave Italy for Southhampton soon. What a special event.

I just booked a car from JFK to the pier through Cunard in hopes that they will let me on the ship when I arrive. Don't want to walk arond NY with my carry on with all my valuables in it. Pre information said I would get a boarding time with my ticket, and as I'm a lower class cabin, it might be last. When I did QM2 in March, 2004 - I was so excited when I got to my cabin, I lost my key. Had to get it replaced the first hour on the ship.

To an exciting trip

Larry

yes...bringing that memory back I went back to my photos of that day and afterwards....i have some great shots of ....... well... some of them are very photgenic....and some of them look as tho they are packing for two....if you get my drift......:eek: Anyway..... they dont get paid but for tips....so knock yourself out.

Enjoy your precursor cruise..lucky sod. hope you caught the latest pics of the QV. Some of them are a little disappointing., others of them are very appealing.

When we sailed on the first portion of the world cruise last year we arrived at the dock early....by limo....but unfortuantely it didnt hold any water with the boarding clerks and we were shown to the general seating. that is until my cheeky sister called over one of the crew and told them that her partner was ill and needed to lie down....would it be possible that they could board early.....funnily enough..it worked and we creeped on behind them. I wouldnt have that sort of cheek...but ill take advantage if someone else does!:p

Enjoy your trip....drop us a note when you get back so I can live vicariously through you....

;)

Hi Fellas

we're back :( Had a great time on Constellation - even better than in April. Anyway, it was all a good rehearsal for QV :D

Thought we had the luggage situation sussed (managed to get exactly 23Kg in the big cases) then came back to read that Cunard have now introduced jackets into the 'Elegant Casual' dress code!!! :eek: So basically that's a jacket every night!!!

I think the latest QV photos look great (considering they are not 'professional') - you can see the 'ocean liner' character jumping out everywhere. The are still causing some whining on the Cunard Board but that's to be expected until QE2 is safely in Dubai :D

All for now as we have some jet lag to get over!!!

Ken

PS Roscoe - glad you missed me :cool:

Hi Fellas

we're back :( Had a great time on Constellation - even better than in April. Anyway, it was all a good rehearsal for QV :D

Thought we had the luggage situation sussed (managed to get exactly 23Kg in the big cases) then came back to read that Cunard have now introduced jackets into the 'Elegant Casual' dress code!!! :eek: So basically that's a jacket every night!!!

I think the latest QV photos look great (considering they are not 'professional') - you can see the 'ocean liner' character jumping out everywhere. The are still causing some whining on the Cunard Board but that's to be expected until QE2 is safely in Dubai :D

All for now as we have some jet lag to get over!!!

Ken

PS Roscoe - glad you missed me :cool:

great to have you back Ken, glad you had a great trip....surprised you have to worry about a measley little 23kg limit.....dont they have business class where you come from?

yes...our little thread died a sad consumptutive death untill rusty breathed some life into its meagre lungs and bought it back from a comatose state. Im just glad to have stood back and watched it nursed till you were able to take over the helm again and keep it stumbling towards our embarkation...

I think ive screwed my chances of anyone speaking to me on the cunard board ever again....they are so scathing of a ship they have only seen through a few small 2 dimensional pics.... i put the cat amongst the pidgeons and have dared buck the trend..... I think she looks pretty amazing and I cant wait to get on her....:rolleyes: im naughty....i should be spanked.....

great to have you back Ken, glad you had a great trip....surprised you have to worry about a measley little 23kg limit.....dont they have business class where you come from?.....

Business class? Have you seen the cost??? At least we get 2 cases each up to 23Kg flying transatlantic - just about covers it !!!

yes...our little thread died a sad consumptutive death untill rusty breathed some life into its meagre lungs and bought it back from a comatose state. Im just glad to have stood back and watched it nursed till you were able to take over the helm again and keep it stumbling towards our embarkation........

I guess there is too much competition from Pied Piper on this trip - now I'm back I will try and drum up a CC get together. Sorry that there doesn't seem to be much 'action' on your segment.

I think ive screwed my chances of anyone speaking to me on the cunard board ever again....they are so scathing of a ship they have only seen through a few small 2 dimensional pics.... i put the cat amongst the pidgeons and have dared buck the trend..... I think she looks pretty amazing and I cant wait to get on her....:rolleyes: im naughty....i should be spanked.....

I have stayed out of it for a long time now - it's like beating your head against the wall with that lot of whiners, whingers and axe-grinders. It's a shame because I'm sure a lot of CC's have been put off expressing any excitement because of the few knockers (who don't know what they're talking about anyway). Think it's a combination of ship envy and sour grapes - especially since the QE2 crowd put on the sack cloth and ashes with her date in Dubai!! And, yes ..... you should be spanked....:rolleyes: !!!

Ken

yes i keep telling my bf that but he wont play.

;)

.... does he know what a flirt you are??? If you were mine I'd spank you regularly!!! ;)

Seriously now ..... anyone any ideas about the 'new' dress code which requires a jacket for the 'elegant casual' nights??? Will they enforce it? I quite like to be casual in a shirt and trousers for at least a few nights, especially in the Caribbean!!

Ken

Seriously now ..... anyone any ideas about the 'new' dress code which requires a jacket for the 'elegant casual' nights??? Will they enforce it? I quite like to be casual in a shirt and trousers for at least a few nights, especially in the Caribbean!!

Ken

I don't like the idea of a jacket EVERY night in the dining room either. And soooo many formal nights is a real downer. But I am still looking forward to this cruise on a new ship.

.... does he know what a flirt you are??? If you were mine I'd spank you regularly!!! ;)

Ken

Ive got a couple of linen jackets which I am eyeing up. A couple of years the "rumpled" look was in...which was great for travelling with but this time I might get them pressed as soon as I get on board. The beauty with the linen is you can roll them up and they are so light...

Im looking forward to dressing up regulary.....since i stopped work a number of years ago ive really missed not going to work in a suit so its a nice change.....certainly a holiday from boardshorts and a teashirt!!!

or for Kens benefit...leather and uniform....

I don't like the idea of a jacket EVERY night in the dining room either. And soooo many formal nights is a real downer. But I am still looking forward to this cruise on a new ship.

We will have to see from the first couple of voyages what dress code is enforced - I can't believe that a jacket is required EVERY night - it wasn't on QM2. From what I can gather they are enforcing a stricter restriction on smoking as well, but who knows until we are there!! Doesn't the ship look amazing though?

Ken

.....Thank you for the tips about front table and tipping the cliff divers. I don't know why it never occurred to me that they would come around for tips afterwards. Seems obvious - so I'll be ready. Where do I get to put the tip? Opps - that's at another Acapulco bar and a different exposition.

The tips go in their podgy little hands - very little room anywhere else!!! I note from the excursions that there is a boat trip to see the divers where they come on board for their tips!! ;)

.....I'm off on Vision of the Seas tomorrow - 7 day Mexico - and keep looking at the QV literature. Vision will be great - I have the back corner JS with wrap around balcony - and I've reached Diamond Plus, so should get some perks and invitations, but... the QV is my main focus. The QV should be ready to leave Italy for Southhampton soon. What a special event.

Isn't it great to put in a rehearsal first - get the tan going etc!!! :D

.....I just booked a car from JFK to the pier through Cunard in hopes that they will let me on the ship when I arrive. Don't want to walk arond NY with my carry on with all my valuables in it. Pre information said I would get a boarding time with my ticket, and as I'm a lower class cabin, it might be last. When I did QM2 in March, 2004 - I was so excited when I got to my cabin, I lost my key. Had to get it replaced the first hour on the ship.......To an exciting trip ....Larry

Sounds like a plan - I expect the Manhattan piers will be in utter chaos all day!!! We only have to drive over from Jersey City. I noticed that they asked local boarders to wait until 3.00pm :eek:

Ive got a couple of linen jackets which I am eyeing up. A couple of years the "rumpled" look was in...which was great for travelling with but this time I might get them pressed as soon as I get on board. The beauty with the linen is you can roll them up and they are so light.......

Somehow I didn't see you in crumpled linen - far too chic for that ;)

Im looking forward to dressing up regulary.....since i stopped work a number of years ago ive really missed not going to work in a suit so its a nice change.....certainly a holiday from boardshorts and a teashirt!!!

or for Kens benefit...leather and uniform....

We like dressing up for the same reason - really miss the power dressing for work (used to be an architect). Leather ? - no ..... but uniforms mmmm ???

Such a shame you aren't on this sector Roscoe!!!

Regards

Ken

Yes, the ship looks fabulous and I am looking forward to exploring its nooks and crannies. And there are plenty of sea days to do so.

I used to wear a coat and tie to work and it is one thing I don't miss a bit since I retired. I am not a dress-up kind of guy.

OK Guys ..... here's the list as far as I can tell from scanning the posts

*New York to Los Angeles* (8)

Darrell6t (Darrell? & partner) - pied piper

Cornus (Jack) & Tricyrtis (?) - pied piper

Rusty311 (Larry) - pied piper

Vivavino (David) - pied piper?

KenC (Ken & Phill)

*Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles* (4)

Cruiser53 (Tony & Frank + Paul & Gary) - pied piper

*Singapore to Southampton*

Roscoe39 (Roscoe)

*Dubai to Southampton*

NIBiker69 (?)

Let me know if I have missed anyone - does anyone want to meet up for cocktails ??? This may take some planning as most of you will be doing pied piper things too !!

Ken

Let me know if I have missed anyone - does anyone want to meet up for cocktails ??? This may take some planning as most of you will be doing pied piper things too !!

Ken

"Cornus (Jack) & Tricyrtis (?)" ~ The *?* is Brent.

It's been our experience that many in the PP group would often meet for drinks just before dinner, usually in the Crystal Bar on the QE2 or the Commodore on the QM2. Isn't there also a Commodore bar on the QV? Perhaps we could use that as a 'before dinner' meeting place? Since it's not a *sponsored* PP gathering, everyone is welcome! :)

"Cornus (Jack) & Tricyrtis (?)" ~ The *?* is Brent.

It's been our experience that many in the PP group would often meet for drinks just before dinner, usually in the Crystal Bar on the QE2 or the Commodore on the QM2. Isn't there also a Commodore bar on the QV? Perhaps we could use that as a 'before dinner' meeting place? Since it's not a *sponsored* PP gathering, everyone is welcome! :)

Thanks Jack & Brent!!! Couldn't find Brent's name anywhere ......

Meeting in the Commodore sounds good - I was just a little concerned that from memory PP normally has a few private cocktail parties and we might miss you guys if we arrange something that clashes. Are we all on late Dinner ???? If so we can just try meeting up between 7.30 and 8.00pm one or every night :D But who's gonna wear the red carnation ?????

Ken & Phill ;)

Just found this posted on the other roll call for this cruise:

13th January - 10.30 pm in the Chart Room

If we are all going to meet up the first night out, we can then make plans for other meets during the cruise. At least we'll get to know what we all look like! ;)

If we are all going to meet up the first night out, we can then make plans for other meets during the cruise. At least we'll get to know what we all look like! ;)

read .....spot the talent

Yes, I saw that too - aren't they all 'single white femails' ??? ;) - only joking. But we're game if you all are too :D

Ken

The usual Pied Piper habit is a welcome aboard party on the night we arrive, just before late seating dinner. So, while it's possible dinner service will have us out by about 10:30pm that first night, I wouldn't really count on it.

If anyone has any clout with Cunard, perhaps they could arrange a Friends of Dorothy gathering on the Programme... I know the Commodore Club on QM2 makes a lovely pre-dinner cocktail spot for an FOD group; perhaps we'll find a similar place on the QV.

Just a few weeks... SO much shopping to do....

David.l

... but you won't be there !!!! :rolleyes:

sorry ken...havnt been around much....the houses in my street here in Auckland light up for christmas...its become a big of a tourist attraction and Ive been dressing my house for the big turn on which was last night....thought youd like a look at what i did......

1602858550_dec2031.jpg.8ff697751481c63354e1bdb47ae44ead.jpg

:D

The usual Pied Piper habit is a welcome aboard party on the night we arrive, just before late seating dinner. So, while it's possible dinner service will have us out by about 10:30pm that first night, I wouldn't really count on it.

If anyone has any clout with Cunard, perhaps they could arrange a Friends of Dorothy gathering on the Programme... I know the Commodore Club on QM2 makes a lovely pre-dinner cocktail spot for an FOD group; perhaps we'll find a similar place on the QV.

Just a few weeks... SO much shopping to do....

David.l

David, my fears exactly - but perhaps if we treat it like a 'from 10.30pm onwards' - we are bound to get a few making it?? Then if we say pre-dinner drinks in the Commodore on the second and subsequent nights - we all might catch up with each other at some stage??? I'm sure that FOD meetings will be on the Daily Programme as a matter of course!!! We are on Late Sitting - are you??

Cheers

Ken

Archived