Queen Victoria - World Cruise 2008

KenC

Ken,

Thanks for thinking of me. No. I haven't booked the cruise yet. I can't find anybody who wants to go with me! I'm going to check with Pied Piper to see if they still have space.

Shame!!! I'm sure you can find someone ;)

Let us know how you get on

Ken

• 2 weeks later...
I am doing the sector Dubai to Southampton.

hi nibiker.....will see you there., doing singapore to sthamptn., hope you are planning a couple of days in dubai first., ive been there a few times and its an interesting place!

well fortunately there are lots of exciting ports of call on our sectors., the suez should be really interesting and looking forward to going back to rome again. do you have your cabin assignment yet..?

Hi Guys,

Well there are 4 more, My partner Frank and I from Florida, and 2 other freinds Paul and Gary, Paul is from London and Gary from Denver. We are all booked thru Pied Piper.

Hobie One Canobie...... glad to see you are interested in this cruise, Its been a hell of a long time since we have seen you, hope you can make it would be great. How are you doing.. All here ok.

Looking forward to meeting you all

Ciao

Tony

Hi Ken,

Actually we are leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale to LA, since we live in Florida, it seems silly to fly up to NY for an extra day at sea which in Jan will probably be pretty coooool. So we decided to leave out of Ft. Lauderdale instead, the price is the same beleive it or not. From what I hear Pied Piper has a good size crowd, I don't know the exact numbers but Im sure it will at least be 50-100. We know many people that will be on the cruise from past Pied Piper trips we have done, should be a great crowd. Pied Pipers events are strictly for the group, but there is 24 hours in the day Im sure there will be plenty of time for everyone to mingle. Looking forward to meeting you.

Tony

Hi Ken,

Actually we are leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale to LA, since we live in Florida, it seems silly to fly up to NY for an extra day at sea which in Jan will probably be pretty coooool. So we decided to leave out of Ft. Lauderdale instead, the price is the same beleive it or not. From what I hear Pied Piper has a good size crowd, I don't know the exact numbers but Im sure it will at least be 50-100. We know many people that will be on the cruise from past Pied Piper trips we have done, should be a great crowd. Pied Pipers events are strictly for the group, but there is 24 hours in the day Im sure there will be plenty of time for everyone to mingle. Looking forward to meeting you.

Tony

Hi Tony

over 50 PP's :eek: Wow we picked the right segment then :D

I have read on the Cunard board that Southampton to Ft Lala and Fort Lala to LA weren't available to book - but I know of at least two who claim to be sailing thru to Fort Lala and now you are embarking in Fort Lala!! Oh well, just goes to show you can't believe everything a TA tells you.

We are flying into Miami from the UK on Jan 2 then picking up a car and heading for the Keys before flying up to NY to be part of the 3 Queens thing!!

We look forward to meeting you guys too

Ken

Tony,

Thanks for the note.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I just returned from 7 night Mexican cruise on the Diamond Princess.

The last time I checked with PP, all categories were sold out. I had given up but now I have new hope! I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Please say hello to Frank. It would be great to cruise with you, Frank, Gary and Paul again.

Now back to cruise daydreaming!

Hobie.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Hobie,

Did you speak to Derek about finding you a roommate... He sometimes has people in the same position as you. Otherwise just take Jeff........... LOL

I don't know if he mentioned we hung out with him a little on the PP post thanksgiving cruise last year.

Ciao

Cruiser 53

Tony,

I haven't spoken to Derek yet.

Jeff doesn't want to go on QV because he just completed a Panama Canal cruise on the Summit. He also is concentrating on his next trip to Germany and Prague.

He did not mention seeing you guys on the post-Thanksgiving cruise but we haven't really discussed the cruise very much. Did you guys enjoy it? It certainly was a big group. Did Gary and Paul go on that cruise too?

You and Frank are becoming quite the PP veterans! Derek needs to award you some loyalty points!

Hi Glenn,

Yes Gary and Paul were also on the cruise with us along with Paul from London and Gary from Denver. It was great over 600 PP's was a great experience, had a terrific time. There were alot of old faces I mean that nicely...............LOL nice seeing old aquaintainces again.

You should give Derek a call before everything gets sold out I bet he could fix you up with a roomate.

Speak soon.

Tony

:) Hello - I am glad to find this line.

I will be on the NY to LA segment. I live in LA, so it's an easy trip. Just a car from the peer to home.

I'm with the Pied Piper group. Tony - were you on the Hawaii cruise last year? I was also on the Post Thankgiving cruise 2006, but the group was so big, I didn't have a chance to meet everyone.

I'm traveling on my own. I like the cabin to myself. I get to set my own schedule and if I come in really late, don't have to undress in the dark.

I did the QM2 Caribbean 2004 with Pied Piper. It was my first Pied Piper and the QV will be my seventh Pied Piper, so I like their groups.

I want to be part of the 3 queens in New York on January 13th. I did the Meeting of QM2 and Queen Mary February, 2006 and it was quite an event. Only a three day cruise, but we saw The World Condo ship in Ensenada.

Looking forward to a great cruise. Some special greetings should be planned for the QVs first visit to ports.

Larry

Hi Larry

we look forward to meeting you onboard. Where will you be for the arrival of the 3 Queens - or are you flying in from LA on the day?

Cheers

Ken&Phill

Hi Ken and Phil

I have air through Cunard, so do not know what the arrangements are, if I will be coming in on the 13th or the day before. It's a five hour flight and three hour time difference, so they might bring me in the day before.

For the meeting of the Queens in Long Beach, they had great pictures of the event taken for a helicopter available in the photo shop on board, so imagine they will do the same for this. It was a big media event in Southern California. The arrival of QM2 covered by all the local stations, and the next day QM2 & QM were surrounded by boats and we had sky writers and the blimp overhead. Bag pipes on board and champagne toasts.

I was on the QM2 for it's first arrival in Curacao. Hundreds of people on shore to see the ship. We pulled out after dark. Pool side dancing (boy/boy and no one cared) and a great fire works display to send us off.

Looking forward to meeting you on baord.

Larry

Hi Larry

we also booked air through Cunard but have arranged to fly London to Miami on Jan 2 to spend a week or so in Key West before the cruise. Have booked a flight up to NYC on Jan 11 so that we can be there for the arrival - however, we expect it will be before dawn - so, like departure, it will all be in the dark!!! We are staying at the Hyatt Regency on the Hudson in Jersey City - which has spectacular views over the whole of NY harbour and QV / QE2 will have to sail past our bedroom window to reach the Manhattan piers.

We were on the maiden voyage of QM2 and the reception at each port was amazing - hopefully the QV maiden world cruise will have a similar effect.

See you are on the Constellation in September - we are doing the NY - Florida repositioning on Nov 2. We were also onboard last month before she went for her refit - she was looking good then. Where are you sailing on her?

Cheers

Ken&Phill

Dear Ken and Phill

Sounds like you like crusing as much as I do. September is the Dover, England to NJ repositioning on Constellation. Killer deal for a CC to myself including air. I've been on the other three Celebrity M class ships so this will be the fourth. I like the specialty dining and do it several times a cruise.

I do the week end Monarch of the Seas quite often out of LA. Take off early on Friday and say I'll be late on Monday. I will be Diamond Plus on RCL before my November Vision Cruise. Anxious to see if it makes a difference. Only have three Cunard Cruises, so guess I'm Gold. I love being on the water.

Do you live in England? Sonds like you get a lot of vacation. I schedule to get the most ship time with the number of vacation days I get a year. QV will take most of the 2008 vacation days, but it's worth it. I had a cabin on the maiden voyage of QV and then when they announced the world cruise, thought the weather would be better on the NY to LA trip. The maiden voyage of QM2 must have been spectacular. I did the maiden voyage of Costa Classica in 1992. Itanian TV crews on board telecasting daily. I saw the Classica last year and ships have really improved and changed design since 1992.

Looking forward to meeting you

Larry

:D Hi Ken and Phill

I just noticed your city is next to your user profile. You are from England.

I'm new to the Cruise Critic web site, and can get lost in it for hours reading postings. It's a great place for like minded cruisers.

Larry

Hi Larry

Yes .... we love to cruise ;) We own a hotel (B&B) here in Brighton (so convenient for Southampton!!!) so we tend to take 3 weeks off in Jan when business is dead - plus a week or two here and there in Spring or Fall.

We got an upgrade to a CC from an outside on Connie last month - loved the ship and looking forward to going back in November. Didn't bother going to 'Ocean Liners' restaurant because we were only onboard for 5 nights, but we will go in November when we are sailing with my sister and cousin.

If you're interested you can see our 'ship photo' collection - including QM2 maiden voyage - at http://community.webshots.com/user/kenphill

Cheers

Ken

Hi Ken and Phill

I liked your pictures of QM2 Maiden Voyage. We will have to find the bell on QV. I never saw the bell on QM2.

I'm doing a 3 day on Monarch June 29th. Just to keep my sea legs.

Did you get a comp upcreade on Connie to CC? With all my cruises, I haven't received a comp upgrade yet, but then I always book CC on Celebrity, and pick a JS or D1 on Royal Caribbean with a good location. I like the back of the ship with big balconies, or a back corner if I can get it. Summit has 4 CCs in between the Royal Suites that have big balconies and I've had that on three cruises. QV is just a balcony A5 - 5045, but thought I was just lucky to get on the ship. Looks like it is sold out already.

Have fun

Larry

My other half Chuck and I will be holding forth on the QV from NYC to LAX. We're really looking forward to it. We too are booked through Pied Piper.

The last time we left on the QM2 from "The Big Apple" we had the eyes of New York on us as we and the QE2 sailed down the Hudson together. I still wonder how many of the thousands of flash photos taken of the two Queens from Manhattan and New Jersey apartment buildings that chilly April evening turned out. My feeling is that with the three Cunarders together there will be even more flashes peppering the skylines!

Archived