I did it- Crown in August!!

Macwoman

I just booked my hubby and myself on the crown in August 10. We have never been on Princess before. We have sailed on Carnival and RCCL. I am a little nervous about the ship. We've been on 7 days.......will 9 days be too much.... I LOVE to cruise, so probably not. Anybody ever take the shuttle service? We can take their service for less then it would be to park.

Thanks

Barbara

I just booked my hubby and myself on the crown in August 10. We have never been on Princess before. We have sailed on Carnival and RCCL. I am a little nervous about the ship. We've been on 7 days.......will 9 days be too much.... I LOVE to cruise, so probably not. Anybody ever take the shuttle service? We can take their service for less then it would be to park.

Thanks

Barbara

Barbara:

So happy to hear someone mention this cruise. I was starting to think our family was going to be alone on this cruise! Only kidding.......but on the Roll Call Board there's not much going on with this date. Maybe it's still too far out?

This is our first cruise, so I definitely can't give you any info - other than the tons of stuff I've gotten off of these boards!

What shuttle service were you asking about? We're in Northern NJ, so we're looking for a limo/van service to get us to the pier.

Is it just you and your hubby? We're an extended family of 8 (5 adults, 3 teens), and we are soooooooo lucking forward to our vacation.

What Roll Call ??? Right now it is just my hubby and I, but think my dd,18 and son who is 21 may come. Princess offers a bus service from various city's I saw somewhere. They have a pick-up spot right in Hartford which is 20minutes from us and would be good. The drive wouldn't be bad either....but is a little cheaper with Princess unless my kids decide to go.

Stay in touch.........

Barbara

Thanks

Barbara

Macwoman, how you feel about Princess vs RCI and Carnival depends on what you like. Princess is closer to RCI for an overall cruise experience, but just a bit more upscale, and less of a "24 hour party" atmosphere than Carnival.

I love anytime dining on Princess. I love the fact that you're not tied to anyone's schedule but your own. And we always get a table for 2, which is our preferred dining arrangement even with assigned seating.

I also really like the Italian influence, particularly in the dining room staff. They are just so hospitable. I think the food quality is better on Princess than the other 2 lines.

And believe me 9 days won't seem too long. One of the things I love about sailing out of NYC to the carribean (besides the fact that since I live in NJ, I don't have to fly to the ship) is the extra days at sea. Depending on your specific itinerary, you can be lucky and have 2 sea days going down and another 2 days coming back. I find that very relaxing.

We sailed on the Crown last fall. Hubby and I celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary. We're going again in August (the cruise after yours) to celebrate my sister's 60th birthday.

We loved the ship and everything about the cruise. You will have a great time.

my bf and i booked this cruise for september. we have been on RC and carnival as well, never princess. we are living on the edge...lol

9 days seems long with 4 days at sea, but i am sure there will be plenty to do.

we live in central jersey. was wondering if there was any type of shuttle service by us. that would be great! we are looking into a car service, but a shuttle service would be great.

What Roll Call ??? Right now it is just my hubby and I, but think my dd,18 and son who is 21 may come. Princess offers a bus service from various city's I saw somewhere. They have a pick-up spot right in Hartford which is 20minutes from us and would be good. The drive wouldn't be bad either....but is a little cheaper with Princess unless my kids decide to go.

Stay in touch.........

Barbara

Barbara -

Check out the Crown 8/10/07 on the Roll Call Board. It seems to me there are alot of honeymooners on our sailing! Good for them.

We'll be with our kids (17 1/2 year old daughter, 16 year old son), plus my brother and his family (19 year old son), and my sister. The 3 teens are very close and I know they'll have no problem keeping each other amused. I haven't seen much mention of many teens on this cruise, but I can't imagine how an August cruise would NOT have lots of them!! I'm sure there will be plenty.

You keep in touch too - we can share our Princess newbie secrets!!!

Okay I'll bite..........???Flying brownies?????????

Macwoman

Last year, a bunch of teenagers to 20something ended up having a brownie fight on board the Crown.

There is a video on youtube but I would recommend against posting it here or this thread will be pulled. I believe they pulled about three threads with the youtube link on it last year.

Archived