Do you receive anything in the mail when you status goes to Diamond?

Linda,

I have read conflicting reports on here; some say yea and some say no. If you receive some type of recognition, please come back and let us know.

Have you logged onto the RCI website to see if it says you are a Diamond Member (up at the top, next to your name)?

LL

You get Diamond Luggage Tags, a Welcome to Diamond Status Letter Out-lining benefits you will be getting, Diamond Gold Lapel Pins, then ALL the GREAT amenities you get onboard ie: concierge, etc AND something they don't outline are the treats like food and bags etc you get in your cabin when you sail 7+ nights.

Its a great status in the C&A society! Enjoy

We just qualified as Diamond after our December cruise. We only received the welcome letter and our status changed on the RCCL site to Diamond.

I've been thinking the pins will arrive one night in our cabin in May as they did when we made Platinum. I'm not holding my breath waiting for the luggage tags, I've read where they are scarce and probably discontinued as a perk to new Diamonds.

I'm okay with that because I'm just pleased we finally made it! :cool:

Luggage tags were removed as a benefit for Diamond when they created Diamond Plus. Pins used to be shipped with the welcome letter, but that also only happens for Diamond +. They give you the diamond pins on board.

The suggestion above about the web site is a good one....you should be able to see your status on the member page + number of cruise credits etc..

We became Diamond in Feb of 2006. We got a letter in the mail after that congratulating us on acquiring Diamond status. We have been on three RCI cruises since then and haven't received any pins or luggage tags or anything. Well, not quite true... we've had chocolate covered strawberries and some fruit delivered to our state room since we've been Diamond.

Tim

You get Diamond Luggage Tags, a Welcome to Diamond Status Letter Out-lining benefits you will be getting, Diamond Gold Lapel Pins, then ALL the GREAT amenities you get onboard ie: concierge, etc AND something they don't outline are the treats like food and bags etc you get in your cabin when you sail 7+ nights.

I understand these perks are not given anymore.

I got a letter telling me I made Diamond. Nothing more and nothing less.

I also understand from the Royalty Ambassador on the Navigator that you will get a small tray of Chocolate Strawberries on your cruise.

I called and asked where my new cards were and was told I didn't really need new cards as it does not say Diamond on them anyway.

I was also told they stopped giving out luggage tags to Diamond members.

I am hoping to get my pins on my next cruise. We shall see.:confused: I never received Gold or Platinum pins when I made those levels so I am probably not getting any Diamond pins either.

If you got any of these, consider yourself lucky.

I do think your information needs an update. ;)

We received a letter in the mail and got our pins from the LA:p . The luggage tags are not a benefit anymore...Later, Jill:cool:

When my parents moved in with us in December, and therefore became diamond, I emailed C&A and asked for luggage tags for them, they sent me tags for them and me and my DW.

We just made Diamond :D on our January cruise so we haven't had a cruise as a Diamond member yet to see what onboard perks will be offered. Last week we received a letter welcoming us to Diamond status, nothing else.

We got our platinum pins on our last platinum cruise when we asked the LA about if they were even giving them out anymore because we had never gotten them. Maybe you have to ask for pins onboard now? :rolleyes:

We are Platinum members with 8 credits and just completed a cruise on the Nav last week. We had booked two E-2 balcony cabins (one credit each)which would give us 10 credits and when I went on to see if we are now Diamond members, it said the cabins did not qualify. Do I need to wait for them to update the system, or do you not get credit for these types of cabins? My DH and myself booked the cabins individually and then put our sons in one cabin and us in the other.

Confirming what everyone else has written, when we attained Diamond status, we only got a letter...

We then got the pins delivered to our cabin on our next RCCL cruise...

No luggage tags...

Of course, when we returned from our cruise this past July on Oceania, we received two beautiful Oceania luggage tags from them in the mail...I am considering putting them on my luggage for our next RCCL cruise in an attempt to embarass them into giving us RCCL tags!! :) :)

We are Platinum members with 8 credits and just completed a cruise on the Nav last week. We had booked two E-2 balcony cabins (one credit each)which would give us 10 credits and when I went on to see if we are now Diamond members, it said the cabins did not qualify. Do I need to wait for them to update the system, or do you not get credit for these types of cabins? My DH and myself booked the cabins individually and then put our sons in one cabin and us in the other.

You and your husband will get only one credit each, so you will be at nine....one short of qualifying for Diamond.

It can take up to three months for the cruise to show on your account. But I think you will only get one credit each for the sailing, bringing your total to 9, not 10. You get a credit for your cabin and DH gets a credit for his.

We got the luggage tags at Diamond Plus. Trust me, you're not missing anything - they are simply laminated plastic cards that you fill in your name on and it promptly rubs off.

You and your husband will get only one credit each, so you will be at nine....one short of qualifying for Diamond.

Why would they not give us credit for the two cabins under both my husband and myself crown & anchor? This is the first time we booked seperate cabins because our boys are getting older and bigger and thought the two cabins would make sense. I guess we need to book a suite to keep our credits together. Thanks for the info...

Why would they not give us credit for the two cabins under both my husband and myself crown & anchor? This is the first time we booked seperate cabins because our boys are getting older and bigger and thought the two cabins would make sense. I guess we need to book a suite to keep our credits together. Thanks for the info...

You each get a credit but that only brings you up by one credit. You can't combine your credits. You are lucky enough to be allowed to apply the credits of whoever has the most, to your spouse.

I've been on more cruises than my husband but he is diamond because I am.

If we were to combine our credits that we each earned we'd be a lot closer to diamond plus.

We got our diamond welcome letter several weeks after our diamond cruise. The letter came in Sept. or Oct.

In December I wrote and asked if they would send me the diamond pins and tags...in a very kiss up type of letter. :) They sent them to me within a few weeks - pins and tags for all 3 of us who are diamond - with a letter explaining that their supply has been exhausted and they are no longer supplying these items any more.

They do still have them on board the ships. It's up to the LA to give the pins out. I don't believe they have the tags. I asked the LA on my last cruise to give a diamond pin to a fellow CCer who was on his first diamond cruise. It never happened. Some LAs are better than others. Sam, the LA on Majesty seemed nice enough as a person, but I don't think he's quite on the ball where his job is concerned.

We just made Diamond in Jan and all we got was a letter congratulating us on our status.. no luggage tags, pin etc. My understanding was that this was a practice that is now discontinued.

They're called cruise credits, not cabin credits. You each went on only one cruise. You would have received an additional credit each had you booked a Junior suite and you were both booked in that cabin. Doing it the way you did, you would have had to book two JSs to each get two credits.

RCI got my status to diamond 3 days after my Legend cruise. Today (3 weeks later) I got the letter welcoming me to diamond level. the only benefit the letter noted was that now I have priortiy disembarkation (a change that occured this summer as I had priority disembarkation on Sovereign as Platinum in April). No pins so I'll have to wait and see what happens on my Freedom cruise this October. On Sovereign, the LA only gave me 1 platinum pin, not 1 for DH. So I'll wait and see if we get 2 diamond pins on Freedom. But you know what I don't care...I got my discount for my balcony cabin, that's the biggest benefit.

Archived